House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
southerncross

Haywards Heath - Property Selling?

Anecdotal evidence perhaps, but in the last few weeks I’ve noticed a large number of “For Sale” boards in this neck of the woods (RH16) converting into “Sale Agreed” or “Sold (stc)” . It’s a moot point as to how many of these will actually complete, however my perception is that the market round here has changed significantly after about 2 years in the doldrums.

It’s worth commenting that asking prices in this area don’t seem to have risen as steeply as other parts of the country - I guess on average around 20 to 25% above 2001 prices – most folk buy round here for “nesting” rather than “investing” reasons. Prices IMO are still too high, but perhaps the local agents are encouraging the vendors to be a bit more realistic. For most players in the housing market, liquidity coupled with lower prices is what should matter.

Anyone else in Mid Sussex noticed a change in the market?

Anecdotal evidence perhaps, but in the last few weeks I’ve noticed a large number of “For Sale” boards in this neck of the woods (RH16) converting into “Sale Agreed” or “Sold (stc)” . It’s a moot point as to how many of these will actually complete, however my perception is that the market round here has changed significantly after about 2 years in the doldrums.

It’s worth commenting that asking prices in this area don’t seem to have risen as steeply as other parts of the country  - I guess on average around 20 to 25% above 2001 prices – most folk buy round here for “nesting” rather than “investing” reasons. Prices IMO are still too high, but perhaps the local agents are encouraging the vendors to be a bit more realistic. For most players in the housing market, liquidity coupled with lower prices is what should matter.

Anyone else in Mid Sussex noticed a change in the market?

yes.. i am in hh..

i have noticed alot more properties are for sale in the past year, many have been on the market for more than 6 months, some a year..

i look @ rightmove on a regular basis, and one property (3 bed house) for sale for best part of a year has been reduced by a whopping.... £5k!!! wow wee!!! <_< from £200,000 down to £195,000.. surely if they had any common sense they would have reduced it by a hell of a lot more.

i noticed more flats are for sale than houses, and that some people have given up selling their flats (after a very long time on the market)and started to rent them out instead.

look @ my 'part buy part rent' is it worth it discussion..