House Price Crash Forum

B B C Main Webpage Has Glaring Contradiction

HOLA441

On the BBC mainwebpage under "business" :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/

House prices fall again in August
House prices fell for the second month in a row in August, according to the Nationwide building society.
Stagnant house prices and you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What an odd contradiction to have on your website. Prices falling AND stagnating??? :blink:

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

On the BBC mainwebpage under "business" :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/

House prices fall again in August
House prices fell for the second month in a row in August, according to the Nationwide building society.
Stagnant house prices and you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What an odd contradiction to have on your website. Prices falling AND stagnating??? :blink:

Still, at least they used the 'f' word. In the headline, too.

HOLA445
HOLA446

All media reports like this have to be as positive as possible so for now house prices are classed as Stagnating.

Remember also parts of the BBC are funded by the Foreign Office to pump out their propoganda and I think News24 comes under that umbrella so its just a case of not talking ourselves down further than we need to one of the lessons learnt after the 1990's recession.

Have you actually looked at the web page?

The headline is in big letters: 'House prices fall again in August'

HOLA447

Yes the official line is "stag_nation." They keep saying it on News 24

What as in young 'bucks' at the Palace?

Will-I-AM - The Daily 'Mail'/liam

Wi-fi

Edited by erranta

HOLA448

Lacking freshness, motion, flow, progress, or change; stale; motionless; still

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/stagnant

Seems to pretty much sum up the state of the housing market to me. Ok, prices are falling but they're not exactly crashing. The headline is fairly bearish after all so I'm not sure you can call VI on this one.

HOLA449

Lacking freshness, motion, flow, progress, or change; stale; motionless; still

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/stagnant

Seems to pretty much sum up the state of the housing market to me. Ok, prices are falling but they're not exactly crashing. The headline is fairly bearish after all so I'm not sure you can call VI on this one.

Stagnation is their line. They'd love to be able to hold it, but in time, the figures speak for themselves. They'll hold out as long as possible though. Afterall, it is the obvious intention of the bank of england; influential media types well onboard no doubt at all. Keep house prices unaffordably high whilst gradually bringing up everything else from food to fuel to the same (proportionately) unaffordable level to try and justify the stupid house prices. It is an impossible aspiration fortunately. Live the dream :ph34r:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411