House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GreenWarwick

Irish Man Offers House For$1

Over here in Ireland the market continues its merry trend downwards. This despite the denials being pumped out by the usual spivs.This article was front page news for much of the Irish press today:

http://www.galwaynews.ie/14770-four-bed-house-sale-offers-over-%E2%82%AC1-considered

Four bed house for sale - offers over €1 considered!

September 2, 2010 - 7:00am

by Dara Bradley

When Michael Dempsey advertised that he would consider offers of over €1 – yes any offer over ONE Euro – for a newly built four bedroom house in County Galway, he hadn’t bargained on some of the queries he would receive from potential ‘buyers’.

“I’d one lady from Clifden ringing me. She asked about the details of the house but after a while she said she thought one Euro was too dear! Sure what would you get for a €1?” he laughs ironically, shocked that anyone would think his property is worth less than a hamburger.

“I’d another tulip ringing me the last night ... he was just taking the Mickey out of me to be honest. I humoured him for a while; he was asking about how many windows were in it ... he made an offer but I told him he’d have to come and see it first but he wasn’t interested in viewing it ... just taking the Mick”.

But Michael, a driver from Moylough, insists his ‘House for Sale’ advertisement in the Connacht Tribune newspaper last week is no joke.

He will consider every offer of more than €1 on the 2,300 sq ft house – which includes four bedrooms (two-ensuite), sitting room, kitchen, bathroom, walk-in hot press as well as 1,200 sq ft floored attic space – in the townland of Gatestown two miles from Moylough and Mountbellew.

Over here in Ireland the market continues its merry trend downwards. This despite the denials being pumped out by the usual spivs.This article was front page news for much of the Irish press today:

http://www.galwaynews.ie/14770-four-bed-house-sale-offers-over-%E2%82%AC1-considered

Four bed house for sale - offers over €1 considered!

September 2, 2010 - 7:00am

by Dara Bradley

When Michael Dempsey advertised that he would consider offers of over €1 – yes any offer over ONE Euro – for a newly built four bedroom house in County Galway, he hadn’t bargained on some of the queries he would receive from potential ‘buyers’.

“I’d one lady from Clifden ringing me. She asked about the details of the house but after a while she said she thought one Euro was too dear! Sure what would you get for a €1?” he laughs ironically, shocked that anyone would think his property is worth less than a hamburger.

“I’d another tulip ringing me the last night ... he was just taking the Mickey out of me to be honest. I humoured him for a while; he was asking about how many windows were in it ... he made an offer but I told him he’d have to come and see it first but he wasn’t interested in viewing it ... just taking the Mick”.

But Michael, a driver from Moylough, insists his ‘House for Sale’ advertisement in the Connacht Tribune newspaper last week is no joke.

He will consider every offer of more than €1 on the 2,300 sq ft house – which includes four bedrooms (two-ensuite), sitting room, kitchen, bathroom, walk-in hot press as well as 1,200 sq ft floored attic space – in the townland of Gatestown two miles from Moylough and Mountbellew.

The crash in Ireland has only just begun. I would advise potential buyers to hold off from buying until prices fall to a more realistic level.