House Price Crash Forum
Kyoto

Nationwide August Hpi

Bit of anticipation in the air! Both GMTV and BBC News are running the story before the number has been released.

Here's hoping for a 1% fall (last figure -0.5%) - should be picked up big style by the media if so.

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/default.asp

EDIT: Down 0.9% - below expectations - Woohoooo!

Edited by Kyoto

Bit of anticipation in the air! Both GMTV and BBC News are running the story before the number has been released.

Here's hoping for a 1% fall (last figure -0.5%) - should be picked up big style by the media if so.

-1% would be lovely

i am thinking it will be a -0.3 or something so they can report that they are on the rise

im guessing it will probably be somewhere in the range of -100% to +100%

-0.9%! not bad. I sort of had it feeling it wouldn't quite be -1%!

Happy with that.

House prices see second consecutive monthly fall in August

House prices fell by 0.9% in August

Three month rate of change shows price stagnation over the summer

Percentage of borrowers on variable rates has increased

Happy days!

As you guys say, time to see the excuse. I'm going to play a bit of bull$hit bingo on BBC breakfast (they have a properdee expert on dont'cha know).

I'm waiting for "Modest price readjustment but with strong fundamentals"

Phoney

Mrs Loo says it was too cold to go and buy a house in August.

Aint that right.

Although I own outright for about a year now, I'm still happy to see prices fall. The market really is on a knife edge, so many extraordinary factors are in place yet still prices are falling.

The question is what happens when these factors disappear...... I definitely wouldn't want to be overleveraged in housing at the moment.

EDIT: Down 0.9% - below expectations - Woohoooo!

Annualise it and factor in the accelerating quotient and we are on track for at least 20% down over the course of the next 12 months.

IHSIBAIWSIA they are already down in my area.

It's the excuses they use that'll be really interesting.

"Housing market looks set for autumn bounce now World Cup summer is over..........."

What a load of twaddle.

However, month on month 0.9% falls is almost 11% a year - so we are into crash speed again if this continues.

Oh this is fantastic, the average price has fallen from £169,347 to £166,507, thats a real fall of about 1.7%. The published figure is seasonally adjusted

Sky have it on there ticker on the bottom of the screen, here's to it staying there all day!

BBC, I haven't seen it mentioned yet (only been watching 15 mins) but the story is rising fast on the website!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11161166

Edit, BBC mentioned it, they'll have more on it at 740-750ish

Edited by Pauly_Boy

A few days ago, The Daily %@$%*were tipped off by their VI friends within the industry ... they knew it was coming! They were trying to counter the Nationwide drops!

Anyone who tries to manipulate the housing market via their newspapers and TV programmes should be jailed .. it's immoral and very selfish!

Full Steam Ahead :lol:

Edited by Home_To_Roost

"Housing market looks set for autumn bounce now World Cup summer is over..........."

What a load of twaddle.

However, month on month 0.9% falls is almost 11% a year - so we are into crash speed again if this continues.

Don't forget the acelleration quotient! More like 20%?

I think it's all down to rain "shall we buy a house love". " no actually we can't possibly because it's raining". Or could it be "shall we buy a house love". "fexxck off you dilly bunt there too expensive , we can't afford it"

Nationwide said the quarter-on-quarter growth rate, generally seen as a smoother indicator of market trends, had fallen to zero during the three months to the end of August, suggesting that house prices had
stagnated
during the summer.

:lol::lol::lol: