House Price Crash Forum
Webmaster

National Lottery Syndicate

Just had a thought the other day that now we have a few thousand members (and more people who visit but are not registered), maybe we could start a lottery syndicate.

Not sure how we would administer this in terms of collecting the money and winnings etc but does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Could payment be done via paypal?

I suspect trust, or rather lack of trust, may be an issue for many. Given the anonomous nature of the i-net many may believe should HPC hit it lucky with the numbers then the person administering the fund may scarper for the Bahamas :P I have to say this is a concern I have.

Also is there not a problem in terms of scale, if 500 sign-up then some poor sod is going to have to go to newsagents every saturday and buy 500 tickets :D

Could payment be done via paypal?

Paypal is practical but there are high charges involved for the receiver.

I suspect trust, or rather lack of trust, may be an issue for many. Given the anonomous nature of the i-net many may believe should HPC hit it lucky with the numbers then the person administering the fund may scarper for the Bahamas :P I have to say this is a concern I have.

Trust could be an issue but people who have been with the site long enough should have enough trust in us by now.

Also is there not a problem in terms of scale, if 500 sign-up then some poor sod is going to have to go to newsagents every saturday and buy 500 tickets :D

I think there are electronic bulk ways of doing this i.e. we just say to National Lottery can we have 10,000 lucky dips for Saturday.

There is a website www.soccerlotto.com which is supposed to have some very good synidcate information and plans. It also keeps track of the so-called hot, cold numbers, etc, and has some very useful information on playing the lottery. It also has syndicates that you can join and I believe they have had some 'good' winnings on the lottery.

It is run by 'Perman' who some of you might know is the chap who has been the Daily Mail's/Mail On Sunday's football pools guy for many years.

I would be interested Webmaster.

I currently have a lotto online account set up, you credit the account which is linked to your bank account, choose your game and numbers, then select which day/s and how many weeks, then press buy, simple as that.

I think there may be some info on Here about setting up a syndicate.

If there was a big win could you not just credit everyone by direct bank transfer, bank's do not usually charge for this service.

Edit -

Webmaster have you thought about doing the EuroMillions instead/aswell

Edited by Mark5290

I think the best thing would be to decide on a set number of players, say 25 for starters and then run with that group for a set number of weeks, say 10 weeks.

If everyone chipped in £25 then we'd have £625 between us and could then decided what draws to do. We could do just a Saturday, Saturday & Wednesday, Euro Millions or Thunderball.

The next decision would then be what numbers to pick. I think all of this would need to be decided up front and put into an agreement. We could all validate the agreement by email instead of having signatures which would protect us all if we had a big win and needed to prove to the tax man that it is a syndicate.

We could use soccerlotto.com as suggested by The Masked Tulip to look for hot number or decide on a wheeling strategy.

Any comments?

Why not.

I dont think you need to go down the newagents everyweek

http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p...cateslanding.do

On the Euromillions draw when granny from Ireland won £77M i used the website to try my hand.

Dont normally do the lottery. I collect for 5 a side football every week and it is a nightmare, so I would suggest you ask those that are interested to pay in advance. No pay - no play

Count me in too.

You can do buy lotto tickets online! Also, camelot has a sydicate manager program, so you can check numbers and stuff. We use it for our work sydicate.

Let me know of any plans!

We're gradually getting some numbers. When we get to 25 people who are interested we'll decide how much money to cough up, how many weeks and what numbers etc then we'll give it a go.

We're gradually getting some numbers. When we get to 25 people who are interested we'll decide how much money to cough up, how many weeks and what numbers etc then we'll give it a go.

So how would the payment work? Using paypal or anything like that will incur charges. You could transfer money direct to someone's bank account for free! Would that be the best way? Who would look after the accounting side? You would also need very strict rules, e.g. payment would need to be received before the purchase of the tickets.

Where I work, I constantly hear of people who don't pay before its due as they 'can't afford it until pay-day', so their stake is taken out of the winnings kitty. But I know if we won alot problems/arguments will arise as they may not have actually bought their ticket!

I think we'd have to agree on a set number of weeks and then everyone pays up front. At the end of that period then the winnings are shared.

i.e. 10 weeks in both the Saturday and Wednesday draw. Everyone chips in £20 then at the end of the 10 weeks we split the winnings.

I agree there are a few complications like transferring money etc which could mean that this doesn't get off the ground.