House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HPCheese

Rbs Tell Ftb'ers Where To Go

First time buyers told 'head north'

First-time buyers looking for the best return on their investment should head north to purchase a home, research claims.

The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) said Falkirk was one of the top five property hotspots for first-time buyers, along with three areas in the north of England and one in Wales.

The group looked at a range of factors to find where the best places for first-time buyers to get on to the property ladder were, taking into account factors which would affect future house price growth, as well as an area's current desirability.

Two questions :

1. Where should FTB'ers already living in the north go?

2. Why shouldn't we just move to a country with more affordable housing?

So, hold on, according to the RBS if I want to get on the property ladder then I should buy a house 400 miles from where I work? Or in other words, buying a property is more important than building my career?

Right....great idea. :lol::lol::lol:

First time buyers told 'head north'

Two questions :

1. Where should FTB'ers already living in the north go?

2. Why shouldn't we just move to a country with more affordable housing?

F**k Falkirk buy In Falaraki. Makes just as much sense. What on earth are these people on?

If it is such a good idea then RBS should be telling all its staff to move to Falkirk - well are they they?

Rather amusing and entirely equivalent to the old stockbroking chestnut: "Small caps still represent good value."

Anyone know what happens next? ;)

Guest Time 2 raise Interest Rates

I think the RBS haven't got a clue when it comes to house prices. I do believe they were quoting house prices to rise by 12% this year. More VI spin.

House prices may still be rising in Falkirk but its the classic ripple effect is it not and for a bank to encourage FTBers to buy in an area that is peanking is short of breathtaking scadelous. Bankers are all bankers anyway. Remember the Barclays CEO stating that he would never advise HIS kids to get a credit card. They must take us all for muppets. :angry:

The Scotsman is becoming more like a tabloid with every passing week.

The Royal Bank of Scotland isn't telling people to move to Falkirk, it has simply compiled a report looking at the best places for First time buyers to get the opportunity to get on the property ladder.

Falkirk's fourth, so if they were advising anyone to go anywhere, it'd surely be to Openshaw which is first on the list.

Yes - so it is not just the spin or interpretation put on by the journalist - this dangerous rubbish is being pumped out by the banks themselves. They really are scumbags why the hell should FTB's and youngsters be encouraged to head for some of the worst locations in the country to satisfy a "need" to "get on the ladder". The banks really are showing their true colours over housing.

Edited by OnlyMe

OPENSHAW IS A SH!THOLE

ID RATHER WALK ROUNG BAHGDAD WITH AN "i LOVE GEORGE BUSH" T- SHIRT ON

never noticed caps lock on, not re typing, :)