House Price Crash Forum

Sbn's Goin' Fishin'

sbn

HOLA441

Ah moved OT

I suppose that's fair enough

Sorry I didn't update the "keep net" as much as I hoped - busy day in the engine room!

I'm not sure how I feel about "Cant go too low's" newfound confidence - it seems he WAS the Lurker Prime and this thread already contains half his posts! I think that even now he retains his title - somebody else will have to do the math.

Anyway - time to move on.......somebody mentioned "sbn's goin' fistin'".........

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Is your ledger really on the bottom, d'you think - or is there still a dark gulley down there with the big 'un in?

Would a swim-feeder flush him out?

Got to make a bit of an admission at this point...... - I don't know squat about fishin' - I have no idea what you are talking about. Reminds me of a guy I used to work with who used to tell me tales of what he caught with unorthox bait. He said he had caught fish with a hook baited with fag butts - - he even once caught something with a hook baited with one of his bogeys!!! I was amazed, but for all I know that's an old sea-dogs trick.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Got to make a bit of an admission at this point...... - I don't know squat about fishin' - I have no idea what you are talking about. Reminds me of a guy I used to work with who used to tell me tales of what he caught with unorthox bait. He said he had caught fish with a hook baited with fag butts - - he even once caught something with a hook baited with one of his bogeys!!! I was amazed, but for all I know that's an old sea-dogs trick.

Some highly unusual (not to say unsavoury) methods here, but I have myself caught fish with silver paper and cherries in the past. Spam is a favourite of many anglers.

I was merely suggesting there might be an as-yet-uncaught 'uber-lurker' even deeper. The swim-feeder is a device to keep fish interested via a stream of tidbits of food. Your 'swim-feeder' could have been the dangled promise of a prize or award of some kind to the ultimate champ.

Thanks anyway for one of the most fascinating threads for ages.

HOLA448

I've trawled up a 3 of these up over the last couple of days....

Here's what is in my keep net at the moment....

MrP............................ Joined 17-August 05: 61 months.........Posts to date: 43......... postrate: 0.7 Posts am month - quite an achievement

AmateurEconomist.....Joined 22-June 05: 63 months..............Posts to date: 143......... postrate: 2.2 Posts am month - Pretty good - worth a mention

and here's my prizewinner

themoralkiosk........Joined 03-March 06: 55 months..........Posts to date: 34......... postrate: 0.6 Posts am month - THAT'S ABOUT 6 A YEAR!!!!!!

So there you go - My bait is cast and my line is loooooooong

If you could lurk for England and you want a place in my keep net - here's your chance.

Obviously I realise by posting to this thread you will be eroding your lurker credentials, but surely if any thread is worthy.... this must be it.

Mods: feel free to move this OT, but you understand I had to cast my line here first. Don't condemn me to a lifetime of boring people with tales of "the one that got away"

You are out there somewhere....I can feel you tickling the end of my line...... somewhere in the deep, deeep , dark depths of HPC..... you joined in 2004 and haven't made a single post yet!

HOLA449

Hi ya all,

I used to post on this forum years ago as hopefulhousewife, so not sure of my posting stats.

I gave up posting just prior to the crunch, disillusioned by too many comments regarding MILFs and what certain people would like to do to Sarah Beeny.

Have lurked in the grey shadows since and watched and waited.

As a curious little fish, I couldn't resist Sbn's tempting bait and re-joined HPC yesterday....

but you've gotta be quick to catch me 'cos you're just about to see my slippery little silver scales disappear back down to the depths, glug glug...

HOLA4410

Sorry to have gone all scientific on you sbn, but I've found you can do a member search by post count and by date (and then finally look at the member number to see who joined earliest in the day).

Firstly it seems that there are no "zero post" posters from before 2007 (which seems a little late to take the fabled position of "Lurker Prime" which was already in common parlance by that time ( wink.gif ) - plus maybe these have no posts because they were trolls/spammers and had their lone post removed.)

It seems the "Lurker Prime", with a single legitimate post, joining on 13th August 2004 as member No.49 is in fact:

(I feel like I've revealed 'the Stig'. sad.gif )

The post is so long ago that no archival footage remains. We can only dream about what was said in off-topic that day.

From the user profile: Mito is offline.

Ah, I beg to differ. You see, they're not really a Lurker, unless they are frequently online (but not posting). Does it show when Mito was last online? I contend that sbn's methods are sound, inasmuch that the Lurkers would have to be online, Lurking, to have spotted his thread and taken the bait.

Am I making sense (at least about this)?

HOLA4411

At the same time, might I suggest "Lurker Prime" as a most excellent username for someone who is confident of making a genius first post, like that one by fofp, and then holding their tongue as they watch mere mortals stutter out their random imaginings:

Credit Bubble Bursts: First Snows Of K-Winter

(I've just seen his post count and joining date. He IS "Lurker Prime". (If he still reads. Why would he need to read anything, if he wrote that?)

Oh..... My.....

I think you might be right: If he/she is still lurking on here, I think they might be The Chosen One, The One of Whom The Legends Speak......

HOLA4412
  • 1 year later...
HOLA4413

It's been cold and lonely out here fishin' the deep, deep black depths.

some nights that knot hole in the barrel has been my only companion..... anyways...

I had given up and turned for home -

I was counting my nets and was one short.. so I re counted - still 1 missing - and then I remembered that night I got mashed on the last of the diesel from the genny and sank a net way, way out west. by the time I had awoke - i had drifted for many miles - there really wasnt any point in returning for it - it wasn't one of my best - full of holes I called it mu "Mumsnet". so I returned to the point and found it - its was very rotten but still there. 3 hours it took to haul it up.

when I empied it onto the deck - nothing but sand....

But then a movement.

and a noise like

"gazzzzump.....gazzzzump"

and then I sees this.....

GASP

could it be?

Help me out guys - hes still there in "gazumping in mumsnet" thread..

HOLA4414

Sorry to have gone all scientific on you sbn, but I've found you can do a member search by post count and by date (and then finally look at the member number to see who joined earliest in the day).

Firstly it seems that there are no "zero post" posters from before 2007 (which seems a little late to take the fabled position of "Lurker Prime" which was already in common parlance by that time ( ;) ) - plus maybe these have no posts because they were trolls/spammers and had their lone post removed.)

It seems the "Lurker Prime", with a single legitimate post, joining on 13th August 2004 as member No.49 is in fact:

(I feel like I've revealed 'the Stig'. :( )

The post is so long ago that no archival footage remains. We can only dream about what was said in off-topic that day.

From the user profile: Mito is offline.

Mito claims to have gone out with Sharon Davies:

User is offline Mito

HPC Newbie

Pip

Add as Friend

PM this member

Group: New Members

Posted 14 August 2004 - 06:25 PM

Shared Crystal Palace pool with her many moons ago - just the two of us, very romantic :ph34r:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=42

HOLA4415

And kotf's other two posts:

kotf

HPC Newbie

Pip

Add as Friend

PM this member

Posted 08 October 2004 - 03:39 PM

Good excuse to post

1) Bear (50%+)

2) OO

3) SW

4) confidential

5) MSc

6) 39

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=1523&st=15

kotf

HPC Newbie

Pip

Add as Friend

PM this member

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

View PostGloomMonger, on 29 November 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

Are you suggesting all contributions go into a big account called "pensions" and this is then paid out every month to our pensioners? The payments have been made but they have been spent on other things and your payments are paying current pensioners.

Not always true - there are some pots that haven't been spent:

http://www.avonpensionfund.org.uk/

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=172373&st=90

A mere 7 year gap between the two!

HOLA4416

It's been cold and lonely out here fishin' the deep, deep black depths.

some nights that knot hole in the barrel has been my only companion..... anyways...

I had given up and turned for home -

I was counting my nets and was one short.. so I re counted - still 1 missing - and then I remembered that night I got mashed on the last of the diesel from the genny and sank a net way, way out west. by the time I had awoke - i had drifted for many miles - there really wasnt any point in returning for it - it wasn't one of my best - full of holes I called it mu "Mumsnet". so I returned to the point and found it - its was very rotten but still there. 3 hours it took to haul it up.

when I empied it onto the deck - nothing but sand....

But then a movement.

and a noise like

"gazzzzump.....gazzzzump"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ******ing awesome writing!

HOLA4417
  • 1 year later...
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Archived