House Price Crash Forum
NervousFTBer

Most Ridiculous House?

not only a ridiculous house but a ridiculous price too!! greedy people lol :lol:

If you invited your friends round they would be laughing so much they wouldnt be able to press the doorbell.

In todays market I cant see them selling that.

I think I will bookmark it to keep an eye on the price.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

£240K for the privilege of living in someone's driveway - pathetic.

19' living room, kitchen / breakfast room......30' south facing garden

Shouldn't that be "19'x8' living room, kitchen / breakfast room......30'x8' south facing garden"?

I remember a while ago a thread on the most ridiculous house, does this one qualify?

http://www.findaproperty.co.uk/agent.aspx?...3&photo=1#photo

:)

For an extra 30K you could have one of these.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-438...y&chnl=overseas

11613_6014C2624_IMG_01.jpg

Might cost abit in airfares though.

The UK sucks, I'm leaving, anyone else coming.

Furnished for that price too.

Though I'm not too sure about photo 8 and theres probably alligators in that pond at the back. But apart from that, yes, I'd live there.

Assuming it is the neighbours that this 'house' is joined on to who built it, then I would have thought they have devalued their house as well, it now has no driveway and is a terrace instead of a semi-detached.

From the description of said "house" :

p1335303.jpg

"Accommodation comprises of large entrance lobby"

I think that's EA speak for "garage".

Edited by Sledgehead

I haven't got a picture, but I did see a detached double garage that had been converted into a studio apartment. Only one half of the garage though! The owner still used the other half! It was for rent a couple of years ago for £350!

Bump.

Looks like this house has been reduced again. New price £200,000.

Link Here

That's 40K off the original asking price or ~17%.

I'm fascinated with this house as I think it sets a dangerous precedent - imagine one of these in every driveway in the country. The baby-boomers in the big house, and my generation in the driveway. They would do it if they thought it would 'fund their pensions'.

Bump.

Looks like this house has been reduced again. New price £200,000.

Link Here

That's 40K off the original asking price or ~17%.

I'm fascinated with this house as I think it sets a dangerous precedent - imagine one of these in every driveway in the country. The baby-boomers in the big house, and my generation in the driveway. They would do it if they thought it would 'fund their pensions'.

Good work HPCheese. Keep us informed. B)

Shouldn't that be "19'x8' living room, kitchen / breakfast room......30'x8' south facing garden"?

:lol::lol: That struck me, too - the strangely one-dimensional dimensions. 8 ft you think? You are too kind!

From the description of said "house" :

p1335303.jpg

"Accommodation comprises of large entrance lobby"

I think that's EA speak for "garage".

And it's an entrance lobby, mind you, not one of those exit lobbies. 'Comprises of'? Where's my tazer.

:ph34r:

This one is the very thin house built in a normal house's driveway. It has been on the market for ages and ages with more and more agents. I've lost count of the price reductions.

Last week it came on with APS at 499k even though the other agents had lowered the price weeks ago to £485k. Nice try. The thing is, you can buy a normal sized house (just like the one it's attached to in fact) for around the same amount in that area!

It took me a while to let the width actually sink in on these houses :huh: I just wouldn't even go and see one so who will buy them?

Nearest I can find is this, over the entrance to a large car park.

http://212.50.188.108/cgi-win/vebra.cgi?de.../SHIRE/52308/11

This one's a beauty - it's been built in the space between two houses, but on a bend so it's all crooked inside (look at the floorplan). The photo of the kitchen shows you the awful backyard with a breezeblock wall built across the gap between the next door houses.

Also it sold in May for £167K and is now back on at £195K...

http://www.foxtons.co.uk/search?md5=8b4643...to&photo_page=4