House Price Crash Forum
timebandit

Bridgend Property News

One of my checks inludes a free (E.A owned) property paper. A few of these agents do not use Right move.Bridgend property news.

The paper covers a wide area in price and location including Bridgend, Cowbridge, Pencoed, Valleys and Porthcawl.

Apart from the cringe worthy editorial on the housing market, it gives me a good indicator of a area I know well, with a good mix of income.

High public sector.

Ford factory/ steel works

High benefit area

BTL wet dream location

Commuters working in Cardiff Swansea

Flicking through the online edition today, I could only find two SSTC (usually the average a couple of dozen weekly, some that return to the market the following week) and a couple of 7 days public notice offers.

Next edition should be out tomorrow. Are other HPCers finding the same from local papers?

Edited by timebandit

The last few pages of my local paper (Tuesday and Friday editions) used to crammed full of houses for sale, ads for new develpments etc.

I can safely say that i seen VERY little ads in the past few months.

Every so often they would have a "news story" from one of the local EA saying the market is on the up etc. Its obvious to anyone with a brain that this is a section of the paper which the EA has paid for in order to ramp up the doomed market.

I replied with my own views once and it was given space on the letters page. I do wish the EA agent had replied but with the arguments i had used as to why the housing market was failing, i doubt he had no counter argument.

I do however see private ads from people trying to sell their houses. The lastest ad was quite good. The title was "Recession priced house for sale"

Edited by pajd

Thinking of moving to the Ogmore to bridgend /cowbridge area when the Olympics hit London , sell up and downscale out of london ...hopefully there will be a bit more on the market by then ...not looking to good though ....

In my local paper there were two good articles in the House listings:

- One said that nothing is selling so consider letting out your house

- The other said that the market is 'slowing' so you need to be ahead of the curve

This is Estate Agents saying this, glorious!

Just a thought:- In a free world, why would anyone choose to live in Bridgend?

Trolls live under it, I heard.

One of my checks inludes a free (E.A owned) property paper. A few of these agents do not use Right move.Bridgend property news.

The paper covers a wide area in price and location including Bridgend, Cowbridge, Pencoed, Valleys and Porthcawl.

Apart from the cringe worthy editorial on the housing market, it gives me a good indicator of a area I know well, with a good mix of income.

High public sector.

Ford factory/ steel works

High benefit area

BTL wet dream location

Commuters working in Cardiff Swansea

Flicking through the online edition today, I could only find two SSTC (usually the average a couple of dozen weekly, some that return to the market the following week) and a couple of 7 days public notice offers.

Next edition should be out tomorrow. Are other HPCers finding the same from local papers?

The number of sales has slowed in Sussex for sure. Still some surprise sales, but it's all waning. Price drops are routinely advertised as 'New Price'. Lots of unsold.

Because it's not in England and it's a long way from London and the South East?

Because it's not in England and it's a long way from London and the South East?

Good point, but I was thinking mainly of its (to me) poor quality/price ratio compared to other places in Wales.

Proximity to that hot bed of Assemblyism/ists, Cardiff is what does it I guess, but as a free choice, no way.

My local free paper is crammed full of "we buy your house" ads.

Until they've run out of money the crash isn't going to happen properly.

Also new in onepoundhouses. co.uk

which redirects to another site but it's a £1 down and move in type rubbish.

"no mortgage needed"!

Our solution is simple!

1. You move in with a small deposit and pay rent, together with a small "top up" towards your deposit fund

2. You have up to 5 years to buy your house

3. The price is fixed today! You therefore benefit from all property price rises

4. We also give you a deposit CASH BACK on completion so that you will have a 15% deposit when you buy

5. All contracts are legally drawn up by solicitors just like a normal sale

One on turf lane for sale

Deposit To Move In Now: £1

Monthly Rent: £395

Monthly Deposit Paid By You: £200

Deposit Paid By Us On Completion: £2,999

Property Fixed Price Until 2015 £99,999

Balance to Pay in 2015 £84,999

Next Steps

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=POSTCODE^1181966&insId=2&sortByPriceDescending=false&radius=0.25&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on

When you can see you can buy for less on turf lane now

Edited by SarahBell

Flicking through the online edition today, I could only find two SSTC

Yes,there now appears to be big selling problems in that area...I just did a Rightmove search of Bridgend within 5 miles surrounding.

For a 24 hour period only, it came up with 6 pages, consisting of none sold, new listings, reductions and an amazing 8 property sales that had fallen through.

"4bed detached £195,000

History date event

01 September 2010 * Status changed: from 'Sold STC' to 'Available'

26 July 2010 * Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Sold STC'

21 May 2010 * Initial entry found."

" £155,000 We are pleased to present this three bedroom detached bungalow situated with outstanding rural; views. The accommodation briefly comprises: Entrance hall, lounge, three bedrooms and bathroom. The property further benefits from PVCu double glazing, gas central heating and garage. Viewings highly r...

History data event

10 July 2010 * Initial entry found."

£139,995 Three bedroom extended detached bungalow sitting on a large plot in popular location within Cimla. The bungalow has an entrance hallway, lounge, large kitchen/diner, three bedrooms and a bathroom. The property also has front and rear garden along with large driveway and garage.

History date event

30 June 2010 * Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Sold STC'

05 June 2010 * Initial entry found.

£124,950 *****SEMI DETACHED VIEWING RECOMMENDED*****A semi detached property located in Llanharan. The property comprises of entrance hall, cloakroom, lounge, kitchen/breakfast room, landing bathroom and three bedrooms. Benefits of this property include double glazing, gas central heating, front and rear ...

History date event

10 June 2010 * Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Sold STC'

13 February 2010 * Initial entry found.

3 bedroom semi-detached house for sale Heol Y Coed, Pontyclun, Rhondda Cynon Taff £124,950

*****SEMI DETACHED FAMILY HOME*****...

History date event

22 July 2010 * Brief Description changed:

14 May 2010 * Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Sold STC'

02 April 2010 * Initial entry found.

£119,950*****THREE BEDROOMS WITH GARAGE*****A mid terrace property located in Pontyclun.

History

date event

21 May 2010 * Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Sold STC'

28 April 2010 * Price changed: from '£124,950' to '£119,950'

21 December 2009 * Brief Description changed: HURRY - THIS PROPERTY IS STILL EXEMPT FROM STAMP DUTY - BUT ONLY UNTIL 31ST DECEMBER 2009.BE IN YOUR DREAM HOME FOR CHRISTMAS - BUY NOW!!!***

* Price changed: from '£129,950' to '£124,950'

19 November 2009 * Brief Description changed: *****THREE HURRY - THIS PROPERTY IS STILL EXEMPT FROM STAMP DUTY - BUT ONLY UNTIL 31ST DECEMBER 2009.BE IN YOUR DREAM HOME FOR CHRISTMAS - BUY NOW!!!****

30 October 2009 * Initial entry found.

£59,995 We are pleased to present this three bedroom end terrace property situated in the Caerau area. .

History

date event

21 August 2010 * Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Sold STC'

14 May 2010 * Price changed: from '£64,950' to '£59,995'

27 March 2010 * Title changed: Treharne Road, Caerau Maesteg, Mid Glamorgam

19 February 2010 * Initial entry found.

3 bedroom terraced house for sale Penrhys Road.

Guide Price £36,000 DON'T MISS OUT ! Investment. Three bedroom mid terraced property,.

History date event

02 September 2010 * Status changed: from 'Sold STC' to 'Available'

10 August 2010 * Price changed: from '£49,950' to 'Guide Price £36,000'

09 August 2010 * Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Sold STC'

24 April 2010 * Initial entry found/

Caerau Maesteg, Mid Glamorgam

A one-time record holder for the highest number of single mothers I believe.

I was in Maesteg seven years ago & could hardly move for them & their prams outside ALDI waiting for their taxi home.

"Most are from Caerau" said a non-appreciative well spoken local

Two weeks since the last issue 16th-29th Sept nine properties SSTC

There are well established agents in the area who have not sold a property in the last month. Relying on the rental sector for the income,

2nd Sept-15th Sept Only three new properties SSTC from the same agent.

19th Aug- 1st Sept Two SSTC

5th-18th August Twelve SSTC- mostly low end of the market around £80,000

Two weeks since the last issue 16th-29th Sept nine properties SSTC

There are well established agents in the area who have not sold a property in the last month. Relying on the rental sector for the income,

Good stuff - keep it coming.

BTW, the Bridgend area encompasses the Val of Glamorgan which is supposedlyone of the wealthiest places in the UK.

Good stuff - keep it coming.

BTW, the Bridgend area encompasses the Val of Glamorgan which is supposedlyone of the wealthiest places in the UK.

I left Wales as a angry young man slamming the door behind me back in the late seventies.

The only two big agents I know that advertise strongly in Cowbridge (the darling market town of all the rampers) are Watts & Morgan and HRT.

I just done a check on Cowbridge (3 mile radius) for the last two weeks only 1 property went SSTC and that was a lower end of the market by a new estate agent Brighter moves £125,000

Its really worth checking on this area its got the lot, Bridgend and surrounding areas will be the first to suffer before other areas in Wales.

I started taking a interest in this area when Porthcawl became the must coastal place to live by some national ramper, it could have been LLL when they did top ten coastal places to invest (or was it not to live :D )

In a house market free of wild distortions, they would choose to live there because they could get a 3 bed semi for perhaps £45k, so a household income of £20k would be fine to live on.

I left Wales as a angry young man slamming the door behind me back in the late seventies.

The only two big agents I know that advertise strongly in Cowbridge (the darling market town of all the rampers) are Watts & Morgan and HRT.

I just done a check on Cowbridge (3 mile radius) for the last two weeks only 1 property went SSTC and that was a lower end of the market by a new estate agent Brighter moves £125,000

Its really worth checking on this area its got the lot, Bridgend and surrounding areas will be the first to suffer before other areas in Wales.

I started taking a interest in this area when Porthcawl became the must coastal place to live by some national ramper, it could have been LLL when they did top ten coastal places to invest (or was it not to live :D )

Seems like you want to return. Grass is always greener eh? ;)

A one-time record holder for the highest number of single mothers I believe. I was in Maesteg seven years ago & could hardly move for them & their prams outside ALDI waiting for their taxi home.

Pass it on to J d Wetherspoons. Good place for a new pub!

:)

In fact, I like and admire Tim Martin's chain, but the one in LA could be the local DHSS

(LA = Littlehampton, rather than Los Angeles)

+ David Birt

How do you count the sales within a certain period Timebandit? When I specify a time period using Rightmove and tick the "include sold" box most of the new sales don't appear there, just reductions, sales fallen through and new listings

In a house market free of wild distortions, they would choose to live there because they could get a 3 bed semi for perhaps £45k, so a household income of £20k would be fine to live on.

plus beaches and the Brecon Beacons on the doorstep

Seems like you want to return. Grass is always greener eh? ;)

We nearly did, we showed some interest in this shop in Wick £354,995

However they found my offer of £250,000 insulting ;)

History

date event

09 September 2009 18:44:05

* Price found: £354,995 [Found by n/a]

* Status found: Available [Found by n/a]

* Title found: St Brides Road, Wick, Vale Of Glamorgan, South Glamorgan

Welsh1

Not sure if its a better or accurate way I just click/unclick SSTC and count the difference in numbers in the top left corner.

What I like about the physical property newspaper compared to online.

The general public can see the lack of sales on every turn of the page or other EA's words that seem to have littered the paper lately.

New price, reduced, viewing a must, unexpectedly back on the market etc.

A friends wife back in 2006 put her crappy 1 bedroom house (Broadlands Bridgend) on the market with HRT (no office in the area), just because the agent had a posh accent and met her inflated aspirations. Later it went with a local office agent who sold the property.

Edited by timebandit

We nearly did, we showed some interest in this shop in Wick £354,995

However they found my offer of £250,000 insulting ;)

Welsh1

Not sure if its a better or accurate way I just click/unclick SSTC and count the difference in numbers in the top left corner.

What I like about the physical property newspaper compared to online.

The general public can see the lack of sales on every turn of the page or other EA's words that seem to have littered the paper lately.

New price, reduced, viewing a must, unexpectedly back on the market etc.

A friends wife back in 2006 put her crappy 1 bedroom house (Broadlands Bridgend) on the market with HRT (no office in the area), just because the agent had a posh accent and met her inflated aspirations. Later it went with a local office agent who sold the property.

Aha, thanks

They (David Birt, HRT, Watts&Morgan) stopped advertising sales altogether in the Gem (free newspaper around the Vale for those who haven't heard of it) sometime during 2008. Not sure if they have re-started as moved out of Cowbridge a year or so ago.

Strange strategy - when HRT have outrageously expensive houses on their books they would have earned huge commission from in 2006, why would they put much effort into selling that one? Sounds like they didn't! And i'm guessing most buyers wouldn't register with HRT if they were looking for a 2-bed in Big-end anyway??