House Price Crash Forum
Tired of Waiting

Isn't Nationwide A Bit Late In Publishing Its Hp Index For August?

So, when will Nationwide publish its HP index for August? Tomorrow? This week? Any news?

Aren't they a bit late? Last month, their press released was: "July 2010. Embargoed until 0700 Thurs 29 July 2010" www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi

Edited by Tired of Waiting

It's normally The last Thursday of the month but every now and them it gets set back a week. No need for conspiracy.

I see. Thanks. I guess Thursday is a good day for it, as it becomes news in the following "24hrs cycle", and then in the weekend it is "commented and analysed".

I do hope it will be at least 1% fall. The sheeple has enough trouble with percentages. Add there a "0." and they are gone.

Edited by Tired of Waiting

Interestingly, Halifax data is also due out tomorrow (Thursday).

Where did you get that from? Forex factory has it down for 2nd - 7th it's normally around the 7th so I've been expecting it Tuesday next week.

I see. Thanks. I guess Thursday is a good day for it, as it becomes news in the following "24hrs cycle", and then in the weekend it is "commented and analysed".

I do hope it will be at least 1% fall. The sheeple has enough trouble with percentages. Add there a "0." and they are gone.

A 1% fall? no way, but a .9% fall is quite likely.

Nationwide down and somehow Halifax coming out with MOM rise? Whod have thunk it.

_48529382_house_prices_464.gif

HEY--THAT chart bears a more than passing resemblance to a double dip forming. :D

The VIs have to be careful what data they release these days as the market's fragility will only take a slight prompt to bring on a full-on panic. You can see it in the desperate attempt by the Daily Express in publishing "data" that conflicts with everyone else this morning.

2 in a row (.2% for Halifax)

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Smug g#t

Give me six numbers between 1 and 49 please.

oh, and can you PM them to me instead of replying here?

Ta.

Edited by Reck B

Fair do's.

Care to go for the triple (LR figures out soon aren't they)?

hum

On a roll but LR slightly different

Only England and wales so the volitile NI out of the figures. So far this year all positive very slightly apart from the big 2.1% rise in January.

There is not such an obvious political VI in the LR figures so it is difficult to second guess VI influence.

So it will probably be positive maybe slightly higher than expected.

0.5%

I am more confident that there will be around zero movement in the LR figures by year end that will mean falls later to make up for any rises seen now. Remember LR is lagging by 4 months or so.

What do you think?

hum

On a roll but LR slightly different

Only England and wales so the volitile NI out of the figures. So far this year all positive very slightly apart from the big 2.1% rise in January.

There is not such an obvious political VI in the LR figures so it is difficult to second guess VI influence.

So it will probably be positive maybe slightly higher than expected.

0.5%

I am more confident that there will be around zero movement in the LR figures by year end that will mean falls later to make up for any rises seen now. Remember LR is lagging by 4 months or so.

What do you think?

What made you go for a +ne halifax figure this month - you reckon it was politically motivated (I can see why they would with 'buying season approaching)?

Well, only a fool bets against a man on a roll :P but having had a quick look at the past haliwide figures, I'll go for 0.1.

I wonder if it would be possible to work it out properly if you knew the ratio of halifax/nationwide sales and used the NSA figures?

What made you go for a +ne halifax figure this month - you reckon it was politically motivated (I can see why they would with 'buying season approaching)?

Well, only a fool bets against a man on a roll :P but having had a quick look at the past haliwide figures, I'll go for 0.1.

I wonder if it would be possible to work it out properly if you knew the ratio of halifax/nationwide sales and used the NSA figures?

I realised Halifax had become out of step with its traditional comparison with Nationwide prices and I do think there are manipulations to help support general VI theory. I think the latest theme is housing market stagnating over the summer which I think isn't too far off the truth.

On another thread I have suggested nationwide would average around .75% falls over the last 4 months of the year Halifax would average .1% falls and the LR would average 0.0

You could be right on the LR figure and you are right to look back a few months on Halifax or Nationwide.

If you look back at HPI over the years prices only change direction when some factor or other changes, I think old fashioned interest rate rises will be the catalysed for the likely falls.