House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Banner

Celebrity Mortgage Brokers

How do these so called "housing experts", Ray Boulger, Melanie Bien (and a few others but RB and MB are by far the most prolific), manage to get on the television so often? Every week we see one or the other of them talking up the housing market on the prime time television news channels.

Is it their outstanding knowledge of the housing market, their appetite for self promotion and celebrity, on just lazy journalism from the BBC and SKY.

They are mortgage brokers, surely they should be introduced as such rather than as housing experts.

Press release journalism.

now lets go over to our correspondant in the city to give us his view........bought with a few jars in the Underwriter.

Krusty the cellulite queen will be feeling so left out when she logs-in & sees your thread.

Granted she isn't a broker, but that leaves her free to be less biased in her expert views.

krusty,you would.

Phil,you would(if you were a bird you'd slam phil)

Ray bougler.................see what I mean??

Nope :)

Am I detecting one too many silver backs ?

How do these so called "housing experts", Ray Boulger, Melanie Bien (and a few others but RB and MB are by far the most prolific), manage to get on the television so often?

Get in with the right PR company.

Since doing much of our PR with the "right people" (subjective) our company has been invited on BBC Scotland, Wales, and asked to comment on features with various regional BBC radio stations.

Edited by exiges

Get in with the right PR company.

Since doing much of our PR with the "right people" (subjective) our company has been invited on BBC Scotland, Wales, and asked to comment on features with various regional BBC radio stations.

ie, pay them..

by the by, did anyone else think that Kate Silvertons live reading out of todays headline in the Metro `Double Dip Fears...` was a mistake by the speed she did it after she realised what she was saying...

I sense an editorial meeting later today.....

Edited by douggggy

Im missing Fionaullalllallaa Early.

I hope you never find her.

I`m sure she must be closely related to "perma-grin" Hazel Blears.

House prices went up x% again in the month of x (grin), great news for homeowners (grin).

The best thing for for me about then end of the property boom was not having to see "LaLa" every month on BBC Breakfast news.

silver back being?

gabon_1524.JPG

Not meant to offend anyone here. I think they are beautiful creatures except that one male tends to want to run the show.

Commenting on the figures Fionnuala Earley, Nationwide's Chief Economist, said:

“Spring brought a surprise bounce to house prices in March. The price of a typical house increased for

the first time since October 2007, rising by 0.9% during the month and reducing the annual rate of

fall from -17.6% to -15.7%. This brings the price of a typical house to £150,946. The moderation in

the annual rate of fall is somewhat distorted by conditions last year and so it would be unwise to draw

strong conclusions from the significant slowdown in the annual rate of fall. Equally, while the rise in

prices in March is welcome, it is far too soon to see this as evidence that the trough of the market has

been reached. The Bank of England has already taken strong measures to ease the tensions in

economic and financial markets by cutting rates and commencing quantitative easing. However it will

take time for these to work through into the housing market before we can expect a sustained

recovery in house prices."

poetry.

the credit collapse that nearly brought down the system as a "distortion"

However it will

take time for these to work through into the housing market before we can expect a sustained

recovery in house prices."

She is absolutely right.

I can't imagine why she didn't add " that will be in about thirty years", can you? :)