House Price Crash Forum
Dave Beans

I'm £85K In Debt But Don't Care... I'll Just Go Bankrupt Like Kerry..

Wahey! Am I too late to go on a credit binge? Having spent my ******ing savings whilst unemployed now?

Bitter? Very.

Aye up, you're jobless too? I seem to remember a post of yours a little while back saying there was a threat of redundancies.

Also I love the intelligence of I'll hide from my family and then gets her picture in the paper stating she's going to go bankrupt!!!

If she does go bankrupt would that mean all of her possessions would be auctioned off to pay some of the money back?

But she's in the paper! She's FAMOUS! So now she'll get invited on to some daytime talk show to discuss her addiction to £1,700 because-I'm-worth-it handbags, and before you know what her bubbly personality will mean she'll be a celeb!!

Or so the thinking goes, I bet.

No, no, NO! She's saving the economy! If we had a few more good consumers like her, borrowing to expand the money supply, like they should, we would have no problems! The perpetual debt machine would keep on turning!

Now you lot who are moaning, get out there, borrow more money than you can ever repay and get down those shops! Buy a sports car, a big flat screen TV... and all those other things you've been thinking about saving for! Why save, when you can buy now, pay never?!

( :rolleyes::lol: )

"She says: "I realised I was never going to marry a rich man and be looked after like a WAG"

Good to see Emmeline Pankhurst's hard work paying off <_<

Bring back debtors prison!!

Most of you seems angry or surprised by the new that the current generation is considering bankruptcy as a way out. I am not: for someone who has near zero chance of acccruing wealth, defaulting doesn't incur a too harsh penalty... And given the prospect of spending her life half the time unemployed, and being milked to pay pensions while she works, a massive amount of people face the prospect of not accruing wealth during their life.

How could she realistically think she wouldn't be able to repay her debt? Of course, her plan which relied heavily on the Tooth Fairy to bring money home was certainly flawed, but at no point the tie-wearing, very professional lender who approved her was seeing any problem with it... How could she?

You may advocate for harsher penalties for defaulters, I say that irresponsible lenders who didn't screen applications correctly should incur the full extent of their loss.

As someone who was doing the dating thing until recently - I have given up and am contemplating becoming gay - one of the things you have to be very careful of when sizing up a new date is just how much she enjoys spending.

I think this has always been there for men in the post-WW2 years but some of the stories you hear about spending from women is truly scary.

Bad news, TMT: they give gay men credit cards too.

Gok23.jpg_e_63d51a6c885c0071b3a74da4341ed27e.jpg

But she's in the paper! She's FAMOUS! So now she'll get invited on to some daytime talk show to discuss her addiction to £1,700 because-I'm-worth-it handbags, and before you know what her bubbly personality will mean she'll be a celeb!!

Or so the thinking goes, I bet.

This is a good point.

I note that she is very, very orange.

Orange people usually do want to be famous

Most of you seems angry or surprised by the new that the current generation is considering bankruptcy as a way out. I am not: for someone who has near zero chance of acccruing wealth, defaulting doesn't incur a too harsh penalty... And given the prospect of spending her life half the time unemployed, and being milked to pay pensions while she works, a massive amount of people face the prospect of not accruing wealth during their life.

How could she realistically think she wouldn't be able to repay her debt? Of course, her plan which relied heavily on the Tooth Fairy to bring money home was certainly flawed, but at no point the tie-wearing, very professional lender who approved her was seeing any problem with it... How could she?

You may advocate for harsher penalties for defaulters, I say that irresponsible lenders who didn't screen applications correctly should incur the full extent of their loss.

The problem with a small number of people going bankrupt is the tax payer can be forced by the government and banks to fill the gap - as has already been done. The whole scam is manageable. If there were massive numbers of bankruptcies no one will be able fill the gap and the whole thing goes belly up. Let's hope millions more take the bankruptcy route.

Bad news, TMT: they give gay men credit cards too.

Gok23.jpg_e_63d51a6c885c0071b3a74da4341ed27e.jpg

Woks not bent just clever,and gets to touch up all these nude women,what a job,i wonder how much he pays the tv company .

As someone who was doing the dating thing until recently - I have given up and am contemplating becoming gay - one of the things you have to be very careful of when sizing up a new date is just how much she enjoys spending.

The pink pound

http://www.clearchannel.co.uk/content.aspx?ID=276&ParentID=93&MicrositeID=0&Page=1

While gay people do not necessarily conform to stereotypes, they are a homogenous group with several things in common. Namely, that they are upmarket, urban and spend more time outdoors than the average population.

They are an educated group and enjoy spending their high disposable income.

* Gay women earn on average £6k more than the UK population

* Gay men earn on average £10k more than the UK population

* Gay people are more likely to work full time and own their own home

* Gay people have a higher credit card debt than average

* They enjoy spending money on music, DVDs, travel, fashion, cosmetics, keeping fit and new technology

* Gay people are trendsetters

This is a good point.

I note that she is very, very orange.

Orange people usually do want to be famous

Another clue: those fake nails with half-inch, Persil-white square tips, without which no orange famous-wannabe would be seen dead.

You haven't met my boyfriend! laugh.gif

The pink pound

http://www.clearchannel.co.uk/content.aspx?ID=276&ParentID=93&MicrositeID=0&Page=1

While gay people do not necessarily conform to stereotypes, they are a homogenous group with several things in common. Namely, that they are upmarket, urban and spend more time outdoors than the average population.

* They enjoy spending money on music, DVDs, travel, fashion, cosmetics, keeping fit and new technology

There was a TV prog. a couple of yrs ago where some overweight eco-warrior female went round people's houses trying to change their wasteful, carbon-criminal ways.

While she was going through some gay couple's bin, she found a virtually new jacket, just chucked out for the bin men.

'Why on earth are you throwing this away?' she asked, all eco-ly appalled.

'Oh, that' said one of the gay blokes gaily. 'It's just so last season.'

:P:P:P

Good luck to her, I say.

Sure, she's obviously a complete cretin, but she's also been comprehensively f**ked over by her boomer predecessors and the banking/government/public sectors.

You go girl, as I believe they say.

The pink pound

hmm, i dunno whether the right term is bias or self-selecting or "one goes with the other", but anyways, I'd say "openly gay" people are urban and upmarket because, for want of better phrasing, urban and upmarket is where you can get away with it. Rural, small town or poor gay people probably keep their mouths shut and try not to get noticed lest "the mob" appear outside their door

i have a friend whose having a wonderful time in germany on the gay scene, but he still hasn't told his mother nor anyone else in the small town he hails from, where he said he knew he was still as gay as he is now.

Its no accident that there is very little consequence to what is essentially blue-collar fraud.

You and I are picking-up the tab in higher borrowing costs from the lenders who are factoring in default costs with reams of mathematical models. Should this get out of control the government comes in and props up the lender using guess-who's money? Yes that's right its you and me again.

Not only that but it’s a good way of deflecting criticisms on banking and governmental fraud, buy letting the little people get away with a bit of it too. At the cost of those long-suffering honest people.

She'll make some poor ******* a lovely wife or mother someday - no?

That's why I married a Spanish woman. This country's turned its women into dishonest money grasping harpies who care for none but themselves (and I include my Mother in that condemnation too).

That's why I married a Spanish woman. This country's turned its women into dishonest money grasping harpies who care for none but themselves (and I include my Mother in that condemnation too).

Bit of a generalisation there mate. My girlfriend is English, debt free (having paid off £500 a month on her credit card for the last 6 months since coming back from working - not 'traveling' in Australia), very careful with money and loves a bargain. Always buys the value and basic versions of food in a supermarket and is no mug to advertising or celebrity culture. Her last purchase was at the weekend where she bought she really nice leather heels in M&S for £7 reduced from £45. On top of all that, she's 10/10 Grade A stunning B)

That said, I do agree with you.. MOST English birds are typically English.. cold and over valued! but not ALL

mmm, encourage everyone to get in debt up to their eyeballs for 30 years and then lock them up when they act in accordance,

If everyone else jumped off a cliff, would you? Thought not. Probably has something to do with you being an adult.

People like the woman depicted in this article incur costs and impose suffering on the rest of us. Irresponsible borrowing (as well as lending) led to HPI and an unsustainable boom of misallocated resources.The borrowers are just as much to blame as the lenders for the mess we are in. Both of them have stolen from society and hence you and me. Both of them have been responsible for a lowering in the potential quality of my life by the totality of their actions summed over ever venal little action of the past decade and a half. If someone plays that game and loses, then they shouldn't expect to get away lightly.

Just because I think she is deserving of harsh treatment, it doesn't mean I think those on the other side of the fraud, the banks, regulators and politicians shouldn't be hanging from lamposts as well.

Edited by Tiger Woods?

Bit of a generalisation there mate. My girlfriend is English, debt free (having paid off £500 a month on her credit card for the last 6 months since coming back from working - not 'traveling' in Australia), very careful with money and loves a bargain. Always buys the value and basic versions of food in a supermarket and is no mug to advertising or celebrity culture. Her last purchase was at the weekend where she bought she really nice leather heels in M&S for £7 reduced from £45. On top of all that, she's 10/10 Grade A stunning B)

That said, I do agree with you.. MOST English birds are typically English.. cold and over valued! but not ALL

Do you have any pictures of her in those heels you could post on here for us?