House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sbn

What Is Up With The Main Forum

I've had to clarify a few facts to a couple of posters on there today. - they don't back down though? Call me a TFH but is almost as if there's a concerted trolling effort going on to make HPC.co.uk users look a bit thick??

I wouldn't mind , but they have high post counts - like they're anti-hpc sleeper cells or something.

I've had to clarify a few facts to a couple of posters on there today. - they don't back down though? Call me a TFH but is almost as if there's a concerted trolling effort going on to make HPC.co.uk users look a bit thick??

I wouldn't mind , but they have high post counts - like they're anti-hpc sleeper cells or something.

Do you mean the light the blue touchpaper, throw in a couple of thread bombs and retire type of trolling? If so, there was a classic example yesterday :(.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=150279&view=findpost&p=2692980

It even finished with that classic troll line "paying someone else's mortgage for them".

Guest eight

If it makes you feel any better I completely agree with you.

Judging by the recent goings on in off-topic, some people might just be unhinged enough to view building up a multi-thousand post "throwaway" identity for trolling purposes as a minor inconvenience. Unless there's something more sinister going on?

eight

Guest eight

I think you grossly overestimate intelligence levels.

I don't think intelligence really comes into it. Just the perverse motivations of people with seemingly a LOT of time on their hands.

I preferred you as the other Ronnie BTW.

eight

Got to agree. But then there has always been the 'sixth-form common room' element on this board. All the sensible people seem to be over here but not saying much. But then again, what more is there to say?

I generally pay most attention to the people who've been on here longer than me but with post counts less than 1000.

Guest portwinestain

It's not called the 'net' for nothing.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/03/280000-pro-china-astroturfers-are-running-amok-online.ars

If you thought corporate "astroturfing" (fake grassroots activity) was a problem at sites like Yelp and Amazon that feature user reviews of products, imagine how much worse it would be if the US government employed a couple hundred thousand people to "shape the debate" among online political forums. Crazy, right? What government would ever attempt it?

*waves*