House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlie The Tramp Returns

Those Very Nice Men At Bt

I had a phone call from BT on Bank Holiday Monday.

Would you like to upgrade to BT Infinity using our fibre optic cables? Your download speed would give you download speeds average for your area of 21MB.

We will give you the ADSL unit plus the Modem, send an Engineer to set it up all free of charge.

The cost to you just accept a new 18 month contract with no extra charge to your monthly payment.

A neighbour already has it and he is getting an average of 30+MB.

He was a very very nice man. :D

The last time I accepted an 18 month contract my rewards were a second IL with a local number plus other bits and pieces together with a HTC smart phone with broadband anywhere, 50 minutes TT, 50 texts, and 10mb monthly downloads all within my monthly payment at the time. :D

Oh God I hate them....

I hate them with a passion.....

That company has caused me so much misery......

I hope they all die......

Painfully.....

sounds good, you will get much faster upload speeds aswell if you take it (which is useful it you work from home and have to upload lots of data across the world). Fibre Internet is being rolled out across the country, we get it by Christmas here. The Fibre goes to the cabinet at the end of your road, so you only have a 50->100m single piece of copper so you get much faster internet

Please wait until they do my job. :rolleyes:

No believe me, they would do a better job for you if they were dead, inanimate - unable to influence the physical world.

Their presence in this dimension is solely to torment the living.

No believe me, they would do a better job for you if they were dead, inanimate - unable to influence the physical world.

Their presence in this dimension is solely to torment the living.

For every one dissatisfied customer they probably have 1,000 satisfied customers.

I have been with BT for 40 years and never ever had reason to complain. If I have a line problem today I go into my online account to report it, sorted in a few hours.

Broadband problem, phone a free phone number talk to gentleman in India problem sorted very quickly.

But most of all I am madly in love with Jane and wish they would give Adam the chop. :D

For every one dissatisfied customer they probably have 1,000 satisfied customers.

I have been with BT for 40 years and never ever had reason to complain. If I have a line problem today I go into my online account to report it, sorted in a few hours.

Broadband problem, phone a free phone number talk to gentleman in India problem sorted very quickly.

But most of all I am madly in love with Jane and wish they would give Adam the chop. :D

Oh God - don't even get me started on their advertising!

Seriously, I have "ticks" that can be triggered by the mere mention of their name. I am here now - trying to type while convulsing in a most un-natural manner.

I emplor you to stay awayy from them in every way possible -

I cnt strss enf ho.....

urgh,....

ag. ag,., ag

ACK

ACK

You don't have to go with BT of course - just go with another supplier. I've heard Vivaciti and Xilo as well as AAISP all do it - and AAISP have a very good reputation for quality (even if they're a tad expensive). My ISP adsl24 (an entanet reseller) is going to have it soon also. Ultimately though it will still be a BT supplied service no matter who resells it - but at least you can avoid their so called "unlimited" limits ... also a BT openreach engineer will install it as well, etc.

http://www.trefor.net/2010/03/18/fttc-what-exactly-is-it

I'm already drooling over the prospect of it

So did Mr Carter!

With hindsight, I should have been more forthright. Sometime I hate the fact that my British sense of propriety holds me back from expressing how I really feel.

I had a phone call from BT on Bank Holiday Monday.

Would you like to upgrade to BT Infinity using our fibre optic cables? Your download speed would give you download speeds average for your area of 21MB.

We will give you the ADSL unit plus the Modem, send an Engineer to set it up all free of charge.

The cost to you just accept a new 18 month contract with no extra charge to your monthly payment.

A neighbour already has it and he is getting an average of 30+MB.

He was a very very nice man. :D

The last time I accepted an 18 month contract my rewards were a second IL with a local number plus other bits and pieces together with a HTC smart phone with broadband anywhere, 50 minutes TT, 50 texts, and 10mb monthly downloads all within my monthly payment at the time. :D

Is it wise to sign up for such long contracts at your age?

sounds good, you will get much faster upload speeds aswell if you take it (which is useful it you work from home and have to upload lots of data across the world). Fibre Internet is being rolled out across the country, we get it by Christmas here. The Fibre goes to the cabinet at the end of your road, so you only have a 50->100m single piece of copper so you get much faster internet

According to my bulk cable supplier, the fibre network is already as good as laid...they just need to light it....he called it the Dark Network...just ready to "roll out" when prices are right.

Being an ex BT customer myself I can whole heartedly state that they are in fact useless, lying, thieveing, f*cking *****s.

Well all I can say is I must have been treated as a VIP the past 40 years and 8 years as a Broadband customer. ;)

Well all I can say is I must have been treated as a VIP the past 40 years and 8 years as a Broadband customer. ;)

Well, I guess your single line experience completely qualifies your opinion.

I am responsible for 150 telephone lines including 60 ISDNs, as well as 4x SDSL, 1x 10mb Fibre (proper fibre 10mb both ways), and 30x 1:1 Maxstream ADSL connections. I can tell you the following:

1) BT are a bunch of c0ck-wombles..

2) BT tell lies about contracts: (my 1 yr ISDN deal magically changed to 5 years after their sales department defaced the signed document; BT 'lost' it after I challenged them).

3) Openreach fail utterly to repair the most simple faults. I had to diagnose the last one MYSELF after 5 months of constant disconnections and 7(!) visits from Openreach engineers who did the same test every time and failed totally to diagnose the fault which in the end I worked out myself from the router logs (fault in BT systems meant the ADSL 'tail' was set too high for the cable length to the building).

4) They even lie about sending documents out. "Yes Sir I can absolutely tell you we sent the release form to your landlord for that property for them to sign". Me: "Oh really? How could you do that WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE THEIR DETAILS THEN???"

5) BT systems lie as well. I have no way of knowing what kind of broadband product I can get for sure until we have signed the lease. 25% of the time the 'initial tests' that told me "Yes, no problems here" turn out to be cobblers, and now I am stuck with crappy or even non-working connection. BT shrug and say, "so what?". They are under no obligation to provide any of us with anything. They can tell you they will, and if it turns out they actually can't (I should qualify that with the word 'easily') because the line is knackered, or rusty or the pole outside was installed in 1965. Not their problem you just signed a lease......

5) My company spends £10k PCM on communications all told. I actively make sure none of it goes directly to them, and I enjoy telling the BT scrote assigned to woo me back as a customer exactly why every time they call.

6) I would actually pay more for something rather than deal with BT. The level of crapness as a company that they display to get me to that stage I think deserves special recognition for BT; the worst company I have ever dealt with in any sector.

According to my bulk cable supplier, the fibre network is already as good as laid...they just need to light it....he called it the Dark Network...just ready to "roll out" when prices are right.

Ohh are you suggesting the broadband tax needed to pay for Fibre to the Cabinet is a con.... ;p

They signed me up to an 18month contract for 20mb broadband without my knowledge or consent.

I only found out after the event when 1) a new router arrived in the post and 2) the broadband stopped working entirely....

Useless lying thieving knts..

Took me months of wrangling on the phone, talking to sodding useless Indian call centres to get free of them..

I hope the whole company goes tits up..

Took me months of wrangling on the phone, talking to sodding useless Indian call centres to get free of them..

Months wrangling on the phone :blink:

One email and 24 hours later sorted it always worked for me.

A mate of mine took my advice and emailed, next day problem sorted, two days later the new latest version Home Hub turned up in the post as a gift and apology to him.

I have all contact with BT through my online account and never have to speak to a body on the phone. This applies to all Utility Companies and others etc etc using my online accounts with them. :)

BTW I have a free HTC smart phone from BT and receive a monthly bill from BT Mobile of zero as it is a part of my Option 3 Broadband package which includes 50 minutes talktime, 50 texts, and 10mb of download per months with fantastic coverage.

I have not met anyone who has BT Mobile and the local phone shop said BT does not have their own network now.

Anyone got info on this?

Oh God - don't even get me started on their advertising!

Seriously, I have "ticks" that can be triggered by the mere mention of their name.  I am here now - trying to type while convulsing in a most un-natural manner.

I emplor you to stay awayy from them in every way possible -

I cnt  strss enf ho.....

urgh,....

ag. ag,., ag

ACK

ACK

I hate them too. BT are lying bastards. Next time I move it will be to somewhere where I do not have to have any kind of BT connection at all. Tossers and dishonest with it, too.

Assumes you don't have a line problem, doesn't it?

Extract from blog entry at http://bahumbug.wordpress.com/2009/07/09/limbo/

But how to contact BT to complain? My mobile phone is working fine, but doesn’t give me the standard operator numbers I’m accustomed to: 150 is invalid on it, and 100 gives me O2′s operator, who has no idea how to contact BT’s. Neither can I look it up without ‘net access. The joys of a single point-of-failure!