House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Radio 2 Discusion

Has any just been following the discussion on Radio 2 about the housing market's current woes, reasons why sellers are refusing to lower prices etc? Tried my best to hear it over lunch (13.40 ish), but too many work distractions.

Should be on the iplayer later on whatever show finished at 2pm

Welcome to HPC

Yes, bear food everyday now, i start watching the £ btw....it might be the start of the side in the £.

Mike

Has any just been following the discussion on Radio 2 about the housing market's current woes, reasons why sellers are refusing to lower prices etc? Tried my best to hear it over lunch (13.40 ish), but too many work distractions.

Here we go kids....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tlxzr/Jeremy_Vine_31_08_2010/

Starts about 1:40

Edited by Pent Up

yes

caught some of it, utter tripe. Vine's shows get worse and worse. supposedly those whom brought back in 2007 will be in neg equity for 4 years and then by some magical crystal ball economics, prices will start rising in 2014 at around 22%

Why does no one factor in the fact that around 2014 our power infrastructure wont be able to cope and we could see an area the size of wales without electric as well as rolling blackouts, anyone seen global crude oil predictions for 2014 - again looks like we could see an oil supply crunch in less than 2 years - so peak oil, rolling blackouts due to an energy grid collapse due to lack of investment and we will be about 80% reliant on middle east Gas by then and they come out with these BS statements that 2014 prices will be rising around 22%

What a load of Crap

Now, now

Lets be gents about this, not long ago they would have laughed themselves sick at us.......now they NOT laughing!

mike

Guest Elephant_In_The_Room

Nobody picked up on the point that if the banks get lending again, we are REPEATING THE MISTAKES OF (well I would say the past but 2007 wasn't that long ago).