House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Eurozone Inflation Grinding To A Halt

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/euro-zone-august-inflation-jobless-signal-flat-ecb-rates-reuters_molt-bdf9f7aa13d9.html?x=0

Euro zone August inflation, jobless signal flat ECB rates
Jan "Janaslowskyzch" Strupczewski, 11:26, Tuesday 31 August 2010
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Euro zone inflation slowed in August, pointing to steady interest rates well into 2011, but unemployment remains high and uneven across the region, underlining the two-speed recovery, data showed on Tuesday.

That hissing sound may be the bubbles deflating. :o

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/euro-zone-august-inflation-jobless-signal-flat-ecb-rates-reuters_molt-bdf9f7aa13d9.html?x=0

Euro zone August inflation, jobless signal flat ECB rates
Jan "Janaslowskyzch" Strupczewski, 11:26, Tuesday 31 August 2010
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Euro zone inflation slowed in August, pointing to steady interest rates well into 2011, but unemployment remains high and uneven across the region, underlining the two-speed recovery, data showed on Tuesday.

That hissing sound may be the bubbles deflating. :o

It's probably a lot of frustrated HPC readers wondering why you keep pushing deflation over and over again in the face of all the evidence, common sense and often the actual content of the articles you post.

Why not just make a thread "deflation, my daily spam" and bump it every day?

It's probably a lot of frustrated HPC readers wondering why you keep pushing deflation over and over again in the face of all the evidence, common sense and often the actual content of the articles you post.

why did they have to QE, IF there was no deflation?

why did they have to QE, IF there was no deflation?

Because they had promised money to people previously, and those people wanted to see it, withdraw it.

Because they had promised money to people previously, and those people wanted to see it, withdraw it.

thats true, but that is therefore a deflation....there would have been the deflationary defaults had it not been "fought" with QE and other schemes.

we ARE in deflation, but as you correctly observed, THEY wont let it happen.

There will still be a price to be paid though.

Because they didn't want to feel left out? :P

I know you say this in jest, but there is a real point here....THEY have to be SEEN to be doing something....its what Big Government wanted us to beleive...they can look after us, we can trust them....

So, they are hoisted on their own petard.....or in this case, because Government IS US, WE are hoisted on the petard we made for ourselves.

Tell it to the person who wrote the article (I didn't write it). He/she is probably a deflation ramper.

On this forum you will find some favour inflation while others favour deflation. Good to have both sides of the debate methinks.

Deflation will reduce house prices........considerably. But if you hold gold--not so good.

Edited by Realistbear

thats true, but that is therefore a deflation....there would have been the deflationary defaults had it not been "fought" with QE and other schemes.

we ARE in deflation, but as you correctly observed, THEY wont let it happen.

There will still be a price to be paid though.

Promising you a mountain of money I don't actually have and then not delivering it is deflationary?

:unsure:

....And "why I hate gold and it will to go 1c - spam" as well!

Tell it to the person who wrote the article (I didn't write it). He/she is probably a deflation ramper.

On this forum you will find some favour inflation while others favour deflation. Good to have both sides of the debate methinks.

Deflation will reduce house prices........considerably. But if you hold gold--not so good.

Stick it in your "todays deflation propaganda" thread?

Promising you a mountain of money I don't actually have and then not delivering it is deflationary?

:unsure:

why yes, it is...that mountain promised is not money...its credit...as you say, people called it in....they didnt have it...the result...WOULD have been deflation as egos were busted over the Altar of Promises.

the "money" wasnt coming...Investments were scotched...loans are called in.

Thats deflation...credit ( money) gets scarce...bankers are on JSA.

why yes, it is...that mountain promised is not money...its credit...as you say, people called it in....they didnt have it...the result...WOULD have been deflation as egos were busted over the Altar of Promises.

the "money" wasnt coming...Investments were scotched...loans are called in.

Thats deflation...credit ( money) gets scarce...bankers are on JSA.

Why would money get scarce if someone lied about havig some then got found out?

It's the same as it always was.

I tell you I have a Van gogh. You find out I am lying. The amount of Van Gogh's hasn't altered.

I tell you I have a Van gogh. You find out I am lying. The amount of Van Gogh's hasn't altered.

not money.

credit.

they promised they had the money...they didnt.

Im actually agreeing with you....printy printy is what they did....to "cure" the deflation...now the lie is not quite so big...:lol:

not money.

credit.

they promised they had the money...they didnt.

Im actually agreeing with you....printy printy is what they did....to "cure" the deflation...now the lie is not quite so big...:lol:

Yes, printy printy is what they did but it wasn't due to deflation, it was due to fraud.

They lied, mervyn had their backs. He still has their backs.

They lie, he provides the supply. It's brilliant because it makes inflation an unknown and therefore interest rate suppression as a response from the private sector impossible.

Yes, printy printy is what they did but it wasn't due to deflation, it was due to fraud.

They lied, mervyn had their backs. He still has their backs.

They lie, he provides the supply. It's brilliant because it makes inflation an unknown and therefore interest rate suppression as a response from the private sector impossible.

clearly, Mr Ponzi was at work here....Assets created out of yet to be paid debts....calling them "products".

Yes, its a fine line between fact and fraud.

The "Products" existed, the value never materialised.

They existed because people beleived they did.

Like Paul Daniels said....Not a lot of people Knew that....they were worthless.

You'll like this, not a lot, but you'll like it.

How on Earth can you confuse Paul Daniels and Michael Caine?

:lol:

clearly, Mr Ponzi was at work here....Assets created out of yet to be paid debts....calling them "products".

Yes, its a fine line between fact and fraud.

The "Products" existed, the value never materialised.

They existed because people beleived they did.

The Assets created out of yet to be paid debts "products", I'm guessing you mean MBS's , what did they pay for these with? Money or credit?

If it was mainly the latter then I suppose the deleveraging has a long ways to go. :huh:

You'll like this, not a lot, but you'll like it.

How on Earth can you confuse Paul Daniels and Michael Caine?

:lol:

they do have an incredible likeness...

The Assets created out of yet to be paid debts "products", I'm guessing you mean MBS's , what did they pay for these with? Money or credit?

If it was mainly the latter then I suppose the deleveraging has a long ways to go. :huh:

MBS were sold in vast quantities as CDOs...to pension funds, governments and of course, other banks, who traded them "as cash"...so turnover (velocity) was pretty quick.

as the crunch took hold, these "markets" seazed...and people were left holding assets nobody could pay for....hence...a "liquidity" crisis....ie, the money was never there is the music stopped...which it did.."either they go up now, or they blow up", as Michael Caine said in the Battle of Britain....or it might have been Mrs Loo at an airshow.

The amount of Van Gogh's believed to be in existence has dropped by one. So Van Gogh's are perceived to be rarer and therefore go up in value = deflationary.

The amount of Van Gogh's believed to be in existence has dropped by one. So Van Gogh's are perceived to be rarer and therefore go up in value = deflationary.

Not so.

As the original owners of van gogh's didn't sell to increase the supply, the lied about van gogh was given the same value as the real van gogh's. In fact, as more people could claim to the van gogh, the price will have gone up. After all, it doesn't cost the bank anything to lie and they can build a nice little ponzi buying and selling fake van gogh.

You might have noticed that as house prices went up, the price of other stuff didn't. This is because the bankers were basically only lying about mortgages.

now they have actually made the money, everything will go up in price.

Not so.

As the original owners of van gogh's didn't sell to increase the supply, the lied about van gogh was given the same value as the real van gogh's. In fact, as more people could claim to the van gogh, the price will have gone up. After all, it doesn't cost the bank anything to lie and they can build a nice little ponzi buying and selling fake van gogh.

So the more people there are who claim to own a Van Gogh, the higher the value of Van Gochs?

It's probably not the best analogy because works of art are valued to an extent by how rare people believe them to be, rather than the actual mechanism of supply and demand. Not so with money.

You might have noticed that as house prices went up, the price of other stuff didn't. This is because the bankers were basically only lying about mortgages.

now they have actually made the money, everything will go up in price.

Bankers, mortgage brokers and buyers were all lying about the likelihood of their debts ever being paid off. When that lie was exposed then, all things being equal, the result would have been deflationary: with less credit people would have had less "legal tender" with which to buy things.

Usually their nicknames seem rather pefunctory.

In this case I think it's merited

Jan "Janaslowskyzch" Strupczewski,