House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Wasn't Rightmove Making Some Annoucement Today?

A few days ago someone posted that on RM's Facebook site - yes, they have one apparently - that Rightmove were going to make an annoucement on 30th August.

Speculation was that it would be to allow Joe Public to advertise houses on RM.

Anyone heard anything?

There's nothing on their facebook site. They just said 'next week' so I assumed it would be Tuesday or after. I doubt it will be anything significant almost certainly not allowing private listings. It will be some boring new feature on their website. Probably the new price comparison report they have added.

rightmove.co.uk keeping our fingers crossed that everything goes well for our big launch tomorrow

Rightmove's big launch tomorrow ...................................................................................... i just can't wait :rolleyes:

Rightmove's big launch tomorrow ...................................................................................... i just can't wait :rolleyes:

I'm sure it will be a let down. Although they are hyping this more than usual.

For me Facebook has been down all morning. Seems to have affected their DNS as not even the domain is resolving. Then again it could BT Total Slowband having problems. Anyone experienced Facebook issue's today?

How will I cope? Almost as bad as HPC being down :lol:

Facebook was down earlier.

Rightmove said it's already been mentioned, so it's either a competition or people can put their own house on.

I think in terms of making them money allowing home owners to advertise would be fab. It'd kill some of the EA I reckon though. :)

They have a competition to win a house - but it's on the mcdonalds monopoly thing. Maybe they've decided that people who eat mcdonalds aren't their target market this year?

Facebook was down earlier.

Rightmove said it's already been mentioned, so it's either a competition or people can put their own house on.

I think in terms of making them money allowing home owners to advertise would be fab. It'd kill some of the EA I reckon though. :)

They have a competition to win a house - but it's on the mcdonalds monopoly thing. Maybe they've decided that people who eat mcdonalds aren't their target market this year?

There been quite a few suggestions integrated property bee was one and a zoopa takeover another.

If they allow private listings it will wipe a hell of a lot of Eas out IMO