House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkman

Cliff Approaching 70.... Looks Amazing

Sir Cliff, who turns 70 in October, peeled off for his 2011 calendar.

He says the secret of his eternal youth is tennis three times a week, two glasses of red wine a day and a daily dose of lecithin – a supplement derived from soya beans, meat and eggs – which experts claim restricts the body’s ability to form fat.

He has also spent three years following the Blood Type diet, which means he no longer eats wheat or dairy products.

Enlarge

Winning formula: Sir Cliff peeled off for his 2011 calendar

‘Age is not an issue if you are lucky enough to have good health,’ he says. ‘I’ve never had any major problems and spent no time in hospital.

‘I heard that 60 is the new 40 so I am making 70 the new 50. If you can prolong your life and hold off death for a while, why not? I would like to play tennis for my 100th birthday and I will.

‘My waist measures 30in, the same as 30 years ago. And my weight is 10st 7lb.’

article-1307301-0AF51B0A000005DC-912_468x743.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1307301/Sir-Cliff-Richard-Pushing-70-hes-got-body-Young-One.html

Hats off to Cliff. If I look that good hitting 70, I'll be a happy man!

In comparison, Stallone is younger at 64 and spends his life popping pills and working out. And yet he looks awful next to Cliff.

article-1041209-022876A000000578-83_468x518.jpg

Both men are in amazing shape for their ages.

The thing about Stallone is that he's spent half his life trying to build and then maintain a super-human physique, loads of muscle with sub-5% body fat. I would hazard a guess that he is on all sorts of steroids and hormone replacement ect... to maintain that look.

Here's stallone a year ago:

stallone-gets-ripped-for-the-expendables.jpg

What he is doing is very impressive for a man that age, but it's going to take it's toll eventually and I have a suspicion that his health may decline quickly sometime in the next few years. But hey, even if he dies next year he'll still have been in fantastic shape for 65 years of his life.

The other thing of course is that Stallone has been having faclifts for years, and seems to have had one facelift too many. He is in dager of turning into his mother.

I'd like to see that photo without airbrushing and extreme photoshopping before I decided if his fad diet is the secret behind how he's looking there.

Having said that, I do have one friend in his late fifties who looks similar to the pic. He eats no sugar and drinks no alcohol, don't know if it's down to that or just lucky genes.

What he is doing is very impressive for a man that age,

Yes and no. He's certainly got the muscle. But he's aged far more than Cliff. His body looks ravaged by steroids (veins) and his skin has been damaged by sunlight/sun beds. Muscle bulk isn't everything. I don't want to look like Stallone when I'm older. Thanks but no thanks.

I don't want to look like Stallone when I'm older. Thanks but no thanks.

Do you look like him now ? :):):)

Yes and no. He's certainly got the muscle. But he's aged far more than Cliff. His body looks ravaged by steroids (veins) and his skin has been damaged by sunlight/sun beds. Muscle bulk isn't everything. I don't want to look like Stallone when I'm older. Thanks but no thanks.

Err not really, his vascularity has nothing to do with steroids, very low body fat and a lifetime of body building will give you that. I've have great vascularity on my forearms and shoulders that show well at low body fat. Above 12% however, you just don't see them.

On and whilst he's on HGH for sure, I'd be amazed if he's taken “steriods” in years.

article-1307301-0AF51B0A000005DC-912_468x743.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1307301/Sir-Cliff-Richard-Pushing-70-hes-got-body-Young-One.html

Hats off to Cliff. If I look that good hitting 70, I'll be a happy man!

Check out the comment from the person who claims to have met him and says the photo has been seriously doctored (this is also my view).

Edit, who in the world dyes their chest and arm hair?

Cliff has had Botox treatment,IIRC,but that's an amazing body for his age.(PS 'Ken Barlow' in Coronation Street is 78..he must have a portrait in the attic too.

Check out the comment from the person who claims to have met him and says the photo has been seriously doctored (this is also my view).

A merkin merchant, that's who....

Stallone had the perfect male physique in Rocky IV. Since then, he's obviously hit the roids to put on enormous amounts of mass. Add to that his plastic face and dodgy syrup, I think he looks ludicrous.

But 25 years ago he looked ******ing great (for a bloke)

edit, wasn;t he arrested at an AUS airport a year or so ago with a suitcase full of Human Growth Hormone?? Playing with fire there.

I think Stallone was hitting the roids before Rocky IV. I'd guess he was on roids in Rocky IV, I think he started them in the early 80's - check out the difference in physique between rocky 2 and 3/4. He still looked great 10 years ago - he's aged all of a sudden. Heppens to the best of us.

Indeed he was caught with HGH (jintropin) in Australia a few years back - got fined for it.

As far as wigs go, I've seen worse, but he's made the mistake of making the wig too thick. I was on a Stallone fan forum and most of them refuse to believe he wears a wig - even though he has thicker hair now than he did 20 years ago. It's obvious he's been wearing for the last decade but some obsessive fans don't want to believe it.

A merkin merchant, that's who....

What's a merkin merchant? Are you alluding to his male, erm, companion of 8 years (an ex priest)?

Or is it wig related?

As far as wigs go, I've seen worse, but he's made the mistake of making the wig too thick. I was on a Stallone fan forum and most of them refuse to believe he wears a wig - even though he has thicker hair now than he did 20 years ago. It's obvious he's been wearing for the last decade but some obsessive fans don't want to believe it.

Nah, Stallones got that same problem William Shatner has, his hairline keeps getting lower as he gets older. Its the opposite of a receeding hairline. Very serious condition.

Oh yes, it's dead obvious as his hairline is now an inch off his eyes, whereas in Rocky III he had already started to recede. I understand why celebs would do this as their image is their job, but his choice is OTT and in my opinion it looks very obvious. Ben Affleck on the other hand has a much better one. (I was surprised but it's true, just google it)

Still, this won;t stop me being one of the world's biggest Rocky fans. Works (not number V) of absolute timeless genius.

Indeed - as a big Rocky fan and as someone who notices hair loss since I started losing my own, I was going to point out that there was a bit of loss visible in Rocky III, you can see a wee bit of recession too on the montage at the start when he's on the motorbike.

I was gonna say that but then I thought you would all think I was weird.

Rocky V is a better 'idea' in my opinion, than 2, 3, or 4, but was badly executed. Check out John Avilsen's director's cut that was leaked onto the net a few years back, which replaces the cheesy rap music with the bill conti theme and uses alternate (in most cases better) takes of alot of scenes. A glimpse of what could have been. Still not an amazing movie though!

He says the secret of his eternal youth is tennis three times a week

And some of the nazis here would have you believe 2 hours of punishment per day is mandatory :rolleyes:

the gym I used to go to was a dead cert for 'under the counter' steroids.

I was often asked what I was taking? (not that I'm particularly big or anything, it was more a precursor to try and sell me something). When I replied 'nothing' I would often be told to speak to so and so if I changed my mind.

The thought never crossed or will ever cross my mind. It repels me.

I don't understand it either, you're only cheating yourself. You can usually tell who is on it as they look like they have a fat stomach, but it's muscly. That's what steroids/HGH does to you (amongst other things, which aren't obvious on the gym floor).

Is that so?

I've often wondered about the big guts that are defined? Is that not just the development of the stomach wall?

Now you mention it, I think you're right.

You are not wasting enough time in the pub!

Might just* be natural - not everybody goes grey.

My mother is still not properly grey at 92 - the colour has just gently faded. Even well after 80 she had to endure a lot of stick from equally aged neighbours who refused to believe she didn't dye her (reddish blonde) hair.

Having said that, personally I think Cliff has well overdone the botox/facelifts. His face has that weird, fixed, 'elderly-youth' look that screams surgery.

*I'd still put money on Just For Men, though.

Looking at the two photos, how has he gone from having a patch of hair on stomach as a young man, to having just a line on his stomach as an old man. Strange.

Is that so?

I've often wondered about the big guts that are defined? Is that not just the development of the stomach wall?

Now you mention it, I think you're right.

HGH makes everything grow except the eyeballs and brain. The reason some bodybuilders look like they have well defined beerguts is because the HGH has caused their intestines to grow and push everything outwards.

Sounds like a Heart Attack on a plate.

I know a lad who's into it bigtime. He does bodybuilding competitions. He went to the doctors and had a cholesterol test and he was virtually off the scale. His insides are buggered and he's only in his early 20s. He'll be very poorly and with the weights he does also most likely a cripple by the time he's 40.

He also takes a cattle supplement, trendolone, that gives you severe coughing fits. Nice. Personally I think he's an idiot, but each to their own.

I know a lad who's into it bigtime. He does bodybuilding competitions. He went to the doctors and had a cholesterol test and he was virtually off the scale. His insides are buggered and he's only in his early 20s. He'll be very poorly and with the weights he does also most likely a cripple by the time he's 40.

He also takes a cattle supplement, trendolone, that gives you severe coughing fits. Nice. Personally I think he's an idiot, but each to their own.

Not necessary a bad sign depending on whether it was LDL or HDL cholesterol.

Guest Elephant_In_The_Room

You can tell roids a mile off, natural bodybuilding can only make you so big and then you hit a ceiling.