House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
yabs

Defying Gravity For Over A Year

I ma just amzed at the rally in both stocks and house prices sonce they bootomed out march last year

I was sure it was asuckers rally as the underlying problem IE a housing/debt bubble was still to be purged

If the rally had happened after house prices had reached their long term norm of roughly 4 times avaerage salary then ok but they had only just begun to correct

and the average punter was still neck deep in debt. I've been expecting a second crash for well over a year but still markets defy gravity

I keep telling people how bad its going to be but now look liek a chicken little

Common sense would say it must go down but the manipulations continue

how long can they hold it up?

prices of houses are still INSANE

I'm looking around Milton Keynes and a 2 bedroom terraced in my town goes for 215 grand. You cannot get a detached for under 300 grand, even 350

for a well built one. Just insane when you consider average salry is around 25 grand? i think. Thats 15 times average salary for a detached house

WTF?

I have saved up nearly 200 grand cash and even after that cannot afford anything reasonable

by now if they let the markets work , house prices should be back to norm or on their way but no in thsi country peoiple like me who save

get punished and the ones with bad loans both lender and lendee get bailed out

what a f*cked up country

yes I am mad as hell

+1, sure is a strange kind of reality right now.

Just have to wait and see what happens...

I ma just amzed at the rally in both stocks and house prices sonce they bootomed out march last year

I was sure it was asuckers rally as the underlying problem IE a housing/debt bubble was still to be purged

If the rally had happened after house prices had reached their long term norm of roughly 4 times avaerage salary then ok but they had only just begun to correct

and the average punter was still neck deep in debt. I've been expecting a second crash for well over a year but still markets defy gravity

I keep telling people how bad its going to be but now look liek a chicken little

I'm looking around Milton Keynes and a 2 bedroom terraced in my town goes for 215 grand. You cannot get a detached for under 300 grand, even 350

for a well built one. Just insane when you consider average salry is around 25 grand? i think. Thats 15 times average salary for a detached house

WTF?

I have saved up nearly 200 grand cash and even after that cannot afford anything reasonable

by now if they let the markets work , house prices should be back to norm or on their way but no in thsi country peoiple like me who save

what a f*cked up country

yes I am mad as hell

Do people from Milton Keynes talk the same way as as they write? Innit?

for a well built one.

Sure you can Detached £140-150k. Looks as well built as anything. Bit of a smelly area.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30242942.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27107014.html

+1, sure is a strange kind of reality right now.

Just have to wait and see what happens...

The cost for government (and taxpayers) of maintaining the "strange kind of reality" can't be met for more than the short-term in my view. Even the media is beginning to prepare us for a change.

Are you sure ? I have a 2-bed semi with garage on the Racecourse estate which is valued at £125-140k

WTF?

what a f*cked up country

yes I am mad as hell

+1

Different circumstances - but I share your sentiment

Welcome to HPC

You've joined just in time to celebrate the next leg down....

Or learn how to eat old newspapers.....

Or get taken outside and shot by TPTB before you spread you intellectual filth any further...

Or all of the above

Sold to rent I would imagine.

Yes I would imagine that he sold back in 2003 and now realises that he cannot aford to buy the same type of property that he had then. Ah well you live and learn.

Yes I would imagine that he sold back in 2003 and now realises that he cannot aford to buy the same type of property that he had then. Ah well you live and learn.

I look forward to your reincarnation as endofcrash3

Sold to rent I would imagine.

You know, despite Labours best efforts, a small few have been able to work hard, perhaps start a business and made money.. perhaps he's one of those ?

Edited by exiges

You know, despite Labours best efforts, a small few have been able to work hard, perhaps start a business and made money.. perhaps he's one of those ?

Which one? I thought I knew both of them, but I'm not close minded enough to accept that there might me a third.

How on earth av you managed to save up 200k? I suspect you have done that illegally somehow.

People like you and a couple of other jealous types (pezerinno, endofcrash2) on this topic really make my blood boil, it is possible to earn and save large sums if you apply yourself, are disciplined and have a lot of drive. Why is it that you think the only way to have a substantial deposit is to do something illegal or to str?.

You should be celebrating the fact that he has accumulated 200k instead like most British people you are envious of others success and make yourself feel better by convincing yourself it came easy (str) or illegally.

FYI I spent the last 12 years building a business and have saved a low 7 figure sum and I am only 33.. I’m sure this will get your jealousy juices flowing and I will be accused of bragging.. Do I care?...NO.. I have given this info to prove a point.

You are the same people who think someone with a lot of cash and are able to buy a property outright should somehow not have the right to expect to get value when buying a home.. I understand value as I earn't every penny myself , no str, no inheritance and no family business!..

No doubt you also think (or desperately want it to be true) that every person who has a large house, expensive car, nice holidays etc must be up to there neck in debt and one missed payment away from the bankruptcy court.. it’s simply not always the case..

I love this forum and there is some really intelligent opinions posted here but one thing that is constantly quoted is average salaries 18-25k or whatever but these numbers do not include business owners who take dividends, bonuses or income through other sources, I have a feeling this would push the average up a fair amount also please someone correct me but I don’t think the average salary stats include freelance, sole traders, subcontractors etc?

T

+1 to the above. I know of at least 4 IT contractors who have just saved up and bought with cash since self cert became much harder.

There must be millions of people with £100k plus jobs, contractors, entrepreneurs who could save £200k without breaking a sweat.