House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Hordes Of Abandoned Cats Are Invading Deserted Homes As Millions Of Properties Are Repossessed In The Uk

Thousands of cash-strapped Brits have been forced to sell up as the credit crunch bites and many dump their pets when they move out.

Animal charities fear at least seven million moggies are living wild across the nation today the same number as those who have responsible owners.

Harry Greenaway, of the Cats Protection Trust, said: People no longer see them as a pet for life.

Instead, they keep one for a few years and then change their minds and get a different breed.

The economic crisis has also really affected how pets are looked after and as houses are repossessed cats are {being abandoned.

We take them in and look after them and within a few weeks they are used to human contact and can be rehomed.

And veteran campaigner Celia Hammond, who founded a string of rescue centres around Britain, predicts the number of feral cats will soar. She warned: Its an appalling problem.

With the credit crunch, cats are being thrown out like never before.

http://www.people.co.uk/pets-animals/stories/2010/07/11/hordes-of-abandoned-cats-are-invading-deserted-homes-as-millions-of-properties-are-repossessed-in-the-uk-102039-22403219/

In fact, how many are in a horde?

Surely a horde of cats in millions of houses is not that much of a problem?

Are you sure it's not supposed to be a horde of hoodies?

I knew nothing about this until about 10 minutes ago. Now I am angsting over Genghis Khan's cat army.

Pixar could make a movie out of this. I'm starting on the script now.

who's gonna do that?the cat nazi's?

I was going to post a picture of a cat dressed as Hitler but when you put 'cat nazi' into Google you are swamped with images.

Looks like the little b*ggers are up to something :blink:

How long before estate agents call for mortgages to be extended to cats in order to prop up the housing bubble? I can see that EA appearing on News 24 now!

Give cats mortgages now!

I for one hate the fvcking creatures. Yes, they make a fine pet if they are neutered and housebound, but they are nasty feral predators and eat up all the indigenous songbird; as well commit a multitude of other annoyances...such as late night fighting and howling, sh1tting in your cherished flower gardens, and spraying the most horrid smelling p1ss on your property.

Kill them all.

I for one hate the fvcking creatures. Yes, they make a fine pet if they are neutered and housebound, but they are nasty feral predators and eat up all the indigenous songbird; as well commit a multitude of other annoyances...such as late night fighting and howling, sh1tting in your cherished flower gardens, and spraying the most horrid smelling p1ss on your property.

Kill them all.

Where does one start with someone like you?

Kill them all.

Are we talking about hoodies?

I thought repossessions are falling?

Although I've never known anyone get repossessed before but over the last month I heard of two friends of friends.

I thought repossessions are falling?

Although I've never known anyone get repossessed before but over the last month I heard of two friends of friends.

Repussessions

My next door neighbour, who confidently told me "I have more money than I know what to do with", today told me he is rehoming his 15 year old cat. He wants to sell up and travel the world. The cat was adopted by his wife, who spent £600 patching it up. She then died of cancer. In her memory he threw out all her clothes the night she died, moved in a replacement, and now can't wait to get rid of the cat. He even told me how, on a trip to the vets, the vet refused to put the cat to sleep because it was perfectly healthy. Still, looks like he finally got shot of the poor unwanted thing. I do hope this gold-digger he's teamed up with empties his pockets in record time. Can't imagine however she'll find anyone to "rehome" him when he's broke.

As for the guy above who thinks homed cats are fine but feral cats should be killed on site, may I ask him to reflect on the creature involved in transforming the former into the latter.

My next door neighbour, who confidently told me "I have more money than I know what to do with", today told me he is rehoming his 15 year old cat. He wants to sell up and travel the world. The cat was adopted by his wife, who spent £600 patching it up. She then died of cancer. In her memory he threw out all her clothes the night she died, moved in a replacement, and now can't wait to get rid of the cat. He even told me how, on a trip to the vets, the vet refused to put the cat to sleep because it was perfectly healthy. Still, looks like he finally got shot of the poor unwanted thing. I do hope this gold-digger he's teamed up with empties his pockets in record time. Can't imagine however she'll find anyone to "rehome" him when he's broke.

As for the guy above who thinks homed cats are fine but feral cats should be killed on site, may I ask him to reflect on the creature involved in transforming the former into the latter.

So much in here, so much... so much.