House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoeDavola

Nutrient Tracking

I know there's been a few discussions on here about supplements and whatnot, I wondered if anyone here had tried creating an account at FitDay.com and entering in the food that you eat during a day - it breaks the food down into it's nutrients and tells you how much of your RDA your getting of about 25 different nutrients.

This could be useful for anyone who's looking into supplements but would like to see if changing their diet would help instead. If you don't agree with the RDA's you can set up your own goals.

The biggest flaw I can think of with this is that the actual nutrient quality of foods can vary somewhat, hence the whole organic thing. But still, it might be interesting to put your food for the day into this tool and see what it comes back with. I'll maybe record today's food and post up the results later.

People who practise caloric restriction take this idea to the extreme, trying to eat an optimal diet on as few calories as possible, a perfect diet of sorts. Its something that I find interesting but some of the people who practise CR just look ill - the examples I've given below are the healthier looking ones, but even then I think they probably look too skinny.

See below:

The biggest flaw I can think of with this is that the actual nutrient quality of foods can vary somewhat, hence the whole organic thing.

Could you explain what you mean by this? All the best available evidence shows that there is no difference between eating organic food versus eating conventionally farmed food. Except of course for how quickly it drains your wallet and smugness for being duped.

Is anyone here actually hungry? :huh:

@ fitday.com , i use rice milk instead of regular milk most of the time.Not for taste reasons but because regular milk can make me queazy.Can't seem to find it listed.They could use more foods on the site but overall a good concept.

@ fitday.com , i use rice milk instead of regular milk most of the time.Not for taste reasons but because regular milk can make me queazy.Can't seem to find it listed.They could use more foods on the site but overall a good concept.

I assume you can add your own foods to their database. Slightly time consuming but only need to do it once.