House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rolf

Sarah Palin Quote Today

Heard her shrieking this just now on BBC News 24:

Say what you want to say about me, but I raised a combat vet. You can't take that away from me

So cringeworthy. Of course, her supporters lapped it up though.

Could she get the presidency? She's even more embarrassing than Bush. And to think, she could get the president nucle@r football or whatever its called.

Whereas I suppose the liberal intelligentsia elite would think it is something to be ashamed of? :rolleyes:

The demonisation of Palin over here is just ignorance and shows a complete lack of understanding of a different culture.

Ben Elton is planning a comeback tour so he can rerun his Edwina Currie jokes. Leftie students are tittering in anticipation.

I hope she does go further, there are too mnay scripted politicians who have an aversion to telling the truth. I would far rather have Sarah Palin as my MP than Yvette Cooper or Ed Balls for example. Now there's a marriage made in hell.

The tea party movement and the American right in general is a great disappointment to me, they talk the talk in their defence of personal liberty in the face of the state but then they glorify war, nationalism and religion.

errr. She believes in creationism.

She's nuts.

Not sure you've thought this one through mate.

6229self-esteem.png

‘Let me summarize my views on what modern evolutionary biology tells us loud and clear … There are no gods, no purposes, no goal-directed forces of any kind. There is no life after death. When I die, I am absolutely certain that I am going to be dead. That’s the end for me. There is no ultimate foundation for ethics, no ultimate meaning to life, and no free will for humans, either.’

errr. She believes in creationism.

She's nuts.

Not nuts, stupid.

Nuts is potentially treatable. Stupid you're pretty much stuck with.

But I take your point though.

Not sure you've thought this one through mate.

6229self-esteem.png

Oh no. I though hpc was relatively safe from religious nuts.

I'd take 100 of the tfh lizard men rule the earth crowd over just one person that sincerely believes that by following the incoherent and inconsistent ramblings of a bronze age mystery cult they can communicate telepathicaly with a zombie Jew who is his own father who created the world 6000 years ago who will grant their wishes and take them to a magical world after death.

Guest UK Debt Slave

The tea party movement and the American right in general is a great disappointment to me, they talk the talk in their defence of personal liberty in the face of the state but then they glorify war, nationalism and religion.

The ruling elite are terrified of the Tea Party movement and the Republican Party has lost its way because it supports 'big government' and corporatism, not real conservative values.

What they are trying to do is co-opt the Tea Party movement by subversion and bring it back under the control of the mainstream political system

People like Glenn beck and Sarah Palin are perfect for the job. Palin is very popular but as dumb as a post. Glenn Beck is an employee of Fox News owned by the corporatist fascist Rupert Murdoch! Nuff said really!

A lot of easily manipulated Americans will fall for it I'm afraid. Religion and patriotism are very powerful tools when your nation is populated by millions of bovine fekkwits incapable of critical thinking

Whereas I suppose the liberal intelligentsia elite would think it is something to be ashamed of? :rolleyes:

The demonisation of Palin over here is just ignorance and shows a complete lack of understanding of a different culture.

Er, as well as believing in creationism, she took part in a presidetial campaign, had absolutely no understanding of the issues and didn't bother trying to learn anything about them. Her comments are pandering to a (large) group of people who are more interested in style than substance. She knows if she just says the right things her supporters will continue to love her. Problem is, what she says is pretty empty. You're right about the "different culture" aspect though. That part of US culture is something we definitely don't need.

I don't see how you could see the interviews of her on You Tube during the campaign and think she is anything other than shallow.

But you so would, wouldn't you Rolf?

Definitely. She did a photo shoot in Runners world or something similar and she has a very fine, athletic body. Definite MILF. I can't stand her hairdo though. Has American picket fences all over it.

I wouldn't mind her shrieking like that while I bury my c0ck in her and drill her @ss though :D:D:D

I know she is of a different culture. I think conservatism is good to a degree and the American heartland, families and white people need a greater say. But her culture is also so inward looking and has no clue about global politics. She's easily order the invasion of Iran if she could.

Sarah Palin might not be a member of the elite and Oh-so-clever intelligentsia that yous lot identify with but you totally miss the concept that pointy headed intellectuals and economists and all the other holier-than-thou crowd have lead us into the mess we are in today. America responded to Obama's call for "change" in a big way. They didn't get it but they still want it and Harvard has failed to produce it. Sarah Palin is the opposite of all that smart people in charge nonsense that has utterly failed. When you are facing the abyss any idea is better than no idea. God and honor might sound gauche to you all but it is a formula that has worked very well in the past and can be a formula to get rid of all the old wood that has rotted our society.

Sarah Palin might not be a member of the elite and Oh-so-clever intelligentsia that yous lot identify with but you totally miss the concept that pointy headed intellectuals and economists and all the other holier-than-thou crowd have lead us into the mess we are in today. America responded to Obama's call for "change" in a big way. They didn't get it but they still want it and Harvard has failed to produce it. Sarah Palin is the opposite of all that smart people in charge nonsense that has utterly failed. When you are facing the abyss any idea is better than no idea. God and honor might sound gauche to you all but it is a formula that has worked very well in the past and can be a formula to get rid of all the old wood that has rotted our society.

The likes of Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck are no more stupid or 'wholesome' than anyone else - they are the same elite with a carefully crafted message for their audience that Bush, Obama, Clinton, Kennedy, etc. etc. were.

Do you really believe that Sarah Palin espouses "God and honor" with genuine conviction?

The likes of Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck are no more stupid or 'wholesome' than anyone else - they are the same elite with a carefully crafted message for their audience that Bush, Obama, Clinton, Kennedy, etc. etc. were.

Agreed. Electorates remain fooled by the puppetry of the elites.

No they are not. Throw in Michael Savage and Rush Limbaugh and your own Mark Stein and a whole slew of others and you will not find a single elite background. They all come from working class backgrounds with no 'special' family connections. They all achieved fame by their own work and an understanding of the ordinary people. Ordinary people connect to them because they themselves are ordinary working people. Sarah Palin is no "elite".

Do you really believe that Sarah Palin espouses "God and honor" with genuine conviction?

With respect that is a really dumb question. Your effort to go ad hominem is beneath you. What I believe is of no consequence at all. It only matters that what she is saying is what people want to hear. It doesn't even matter what she herself believes. Surely all that is self evident?

No they are not. Throw in Michael Savage and Rush Limbaugh and your own Mark Stein and a whole slew of others and you will not find a single elite background. They all come from working class backgrounds with no 'special' family connections. They all achieved fame by their own work and an understanding of the ordinary people. Ordinary people connect to them because they themselves are ordinary working people. Sarah Palin is no "elite".

That isn't the point. The cabal of corporations that run America have far more clout than an Alaskan 'hockey mom'.

With respect that is a really dumb question. Your effort to go ad hominem is beneath you. What I believe is of no consequence at all. It only matters that what she is saying is what people want to hear. It doesn't even matter what she herself believes. Surely all that is self evident?

Non sequitur.

<snip>

‘Let me summarize my views on what modern evolutionary biology tells us loud and clear … There are no gods, no purposes, no goal-directed forces of any kind. There is no life after death. When I die, I am absolutely certain that I am going to be dead. That’s the end for me. There is no ultimate foundation for ethics, no ultimate meaning to life, and no free will for humans, either.’

Anyone who draw those conclusions from "modern evolutionary biology" has zero understanding of what science is. It's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen masquerading as insight on the internet, and that's saying something !