House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Britney's Piers

Cricket Scandal

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/924349/Cricket-in-the-dock-as-we-expose-betting-scandal-England-Pakistan-Test.html

THE News of the World has smashed a multi-million pound cricket match-fixing ring which RIGGED the current Lord's Test between England and Pakistan.

In the most sensational sporting scandal ever, bowlers Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif delivered THREE blatant no-balls to order.

Their London-based fixer Mazhar Majeed, who let us in on the betting scam for £150,000, crowed "this is no coincidence" before the bent duo made duff deliveries at PRECISELY the moments promised to our reporter.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/924349/Cricket-in-the-dock-as-we-expose-betting-scandal-England-Pakistan-Test.html

THE News of the World has smashed a multi-million pound cricket match-fixing ring which RIGGED the current Lord's Test between England and Pakistan.

In the most sensational sporting scandal ever, bowlers Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif delivered THREE blatant no-balls to order.

Their London-based fixer Mazhar Majeed, who let us in on the betting scam for £150,000, crowed "this is no coincidence" before the bent duo made duff deliveries at PRECISELY the moments promised to our reporter.

Lead item on the BBC news this evening.....

Make no mistake this is serious.. Wouldn't be surprised if they abandon the current test in the morning. Pain in the ass as we were about to whoop them.... Or did we?

Lead item on the BBC news this evening.....

Make no mistake this is serious.. Wouldn't be surprised if they abandon the current test in the morning. Pain in the ass as we were about to whoop them.... Or did we?

They surely can't cancel it but they'll have to switch a couple of players I'd have thought..can't bowl from a police cell :rolleyes:

They surely can't cancel it but they'll have to switch a couple of players I'd have thought..can't bowl from a police cell :rolleyes:

Well the BBC are saying an arrest has been made..... If charges are brought that an attempt to defraud (Bookmakers) are brought then the 2 bowlers must face a conspiracy charge.

Even if this was not to happen next week after the conclusion of this test it would make a mockery of whatever result the test will throw up tomorrow (likely England Win). Did the bowlers throw it or didn't they? As we can see they have already bowled 3 no balls to order, how difficult would it have been to throw up a few easy ones outside off stump for batsman like Broad and maybe Trott to have a whack at?

England were on the ropes then a record breaking 8th wicket partnership moves them from almost certain defeat to a much better (potentially winning) position. These two bowlers could have influenced that if certain people wanted England to win. Course it doesn't explain the inroads the England bowling attack put in this afternoon but nevertheless it gave England a much better chance of winning.

Once the two boards have considered that it may make sense to them to abandon this match to suck it and see what occurs..

Well the BBC are saying an arrest has been made..... If charges are brought that an attempt to defraud (Bookmakers) are brought then the 2 bowlers must face a conspiracy charge.

Even if this was not to happen next week after the conclusion of this test it would make a mockery of whatever result the test will throw up tomorrow (likely England Win). Did the bowlers throw it or didn't they? As we can see they have already bowled 3 no balls to order, how difficult would it have been to throw up a few easy ones outside off stump for batsman like Broad and maybe Trott to have a whack at?

England were on the ropes then a record breaking 8th wicket partnership moves them from almost certain defeat to a much better (potentially winning) position. These two bowlers could have influenced that if certain people wanted England to win. Course it doesn't explain the inroads the England bowling attack put in this afternoon but nevertheless it gave England a much better chance of winning.

Once the two boards have considered that it may make sense to them to abandon this match to suck it and see what occurs..

I wonder if the Pakistanis were trying to extract some money off bookmakers in order to help the flood victims back home? :unsure:

The results of the games will be valid in my opinion. Three no-balls is hardly likely to have affected the result.

The people having a dodgy bet don't need to be getting the result fixed as they really couldn't care which aspect of the game they bet on, just as long as it was bent.

I really object to having to hear about this non-sport on news bulletins. If people want to do this standing about in a field stuff then that's great but I wish they'd keep it to themselves.

There is one part of the report from the News of the World that just does not make sense.

Did the paper actually pay the fixer £150,000 and then walk away to publish this story?

That begs the question that surely the paper is party to the fix.

Of course their answer would be without the payment there is no story...but £150,000 is an incredible amount of money to report this exclusive.

Did they get the money back?

The NOTW are not stupid. There is definitely more to come out.

What you "really object to" is a passion for hundreds of millions of people and is the second most popular sport in the world.

Your description of it as "standing about in a field," reveals nothing more than your ignorance.

Thanks.

I'm having a good giggle at you ... ho ho ....

What you "really object to" is a passion for hundreds of millions of people and is the second most popular sport in the world.

Your description of it as "standing about in a field," reveals nothing more than your ignorance.

Thanks.

I'm having a good giggle at you ... ho ho ....

I wasn't very good at it.

There is one part of the report from the News of the World that just does not make sense.

Did the paper actually pay the fixer £150,000 and then walk away to publish this story?

That begs the question that surely the paper is party to the fix.

Of course their answer would be without the payment there is no story...but £150,000 is an incredible amount of money to report this exclusive.

Did they get the money back?

The NOTW are not stupid. There is definitely more to come out.

Let's hope they paid them in counterfeit notes.

Frank. Man to man. Cricket is the greatest thing ever, other than darts. These dirty folks are ruining it.

Before there was any real money in Darts, I wonder how many 'shock' results were just that. A professional can 'just miss' doubles without anyone realising it.

I doubt there's enough betting on Darts for this to happen but the smell of corruption in cricket wafts over other sports as well.

A bit over the top, as you'd expect from NOTW, to say 3 deliberate no-balls is match-fixing. Footballers deliberately kicking a ball straight out to win a bet on the first throw-in wasn't considered fixing, was it? Just a bit of a scally bet.

Frank. Man to man. Cricket is the greatest thing ever, other than darts. These dirty folks are ruining it.

Darts has gone like boxing with that split. I do like it but it's a shame that Phil Taylor, far and away the best darts player I have seen, isn't in every tournament. And bring back Jocky Wilson.

It's sad as it's like there are 2 division of darts. The BDO really is of a poor standard as a general rule.

The PDC is dominated by Taylor, but it has 5 or 6 players that could also dominate the BDO.

Taylor is just so dominant, I watch it less. His prize money as No 1 in the world beats the money won by the numbers 2 to 7 added together!

The gap between the 'average' players has narrowed in my opinion. Simon Whitlock (although he has switched between BDO / PDC twice) and Gary Anderson are firmly in the top 16 now.

Barney won the PDC World Champs the first year he crossed over but there were a few poor cross-overs too, Klassen and Webster have struggled although both in top 32.

Edited to return to OT: There's too much money already spent to stop the tour. A few players may be sent home though and replaced. In the UK, you can bet on runs per over averages and no of extras etc but I'm not sure you can place a bet on a specific ball being a no-ball. too open to abuse, isn't it? No legal bookie would take the bet, in Asia though......

Q: What do you call an honest Pakistani cricketer?

A: Asif

What do you call an English doctor who puts in a false stitch in the Bloodgate scandel?

Lucky bitch protected by the profession

Apparently the paint I have been watching for the last 193 hours was latex based and not a true oil composite. The pigment was organic and not conducive to a true refractive laminate as should be expected from a first application without primer.

I, for one, will not take the word of a B&Q representative as gospel ever again.