House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobbins

Wehay, It's The Bank Holiday Weekend - What Wine Are You Drinking Tonight?

Blossom Hill red for me (I'm not a classy bloke).

Cheeky little fruity number though with lots of berry fruits. It's doing the job for me.

7 out of 10, I reckon.

Cheeky little fruity number though with lots of berry fruits. It's doing the job for me.

7 out of 10, I reckon.

Botobolar organic Shiraz from Oz, 9.5/10

I only drink cheap plonk on the meagre pension I get so you would not be interested in the name. :(

Oh alright then it`s Sainsburys Basics Spanish White Wine Vino de Mesa wine for the table not the cellar a medium dry table wine with fresh fruit flavours @ £2-68 a bottle. :D

7 out of 10, I reckon.

Wine???

Geeza break big man.

btw, jack daniels - OK out of 10.

Can't abide wine me. :)

I know 'Bart' was being ironic but I am genuine in saying I never touch the stuff. Tastes like a classy alcopop to me; far too strong and far too sweet.

Ale, ale's the stuff...

Doom Bar, Tribute and HSD tonight. With a view across the bay and a low-to-the-horizon yellow moon and good company. It gets no better than this.

Sweet ?

Well, some of it is but there's much that's as astringent as.

I have a great sensitivity to sweet. When Starr Carr was excavated they found a lot of discarded sloe seeds which it was said evidenced that Neolithic man had a much more robust palate than us.

Well I happily much them as I go walking at this time of year, so I don't find them at all challenging. Slightly dry / alkaline if not ripe.

Where have the posters' names in the quotes gone? Sort it out, I remain yours faithfully etc. etc.

Bart's use of inverted commas confuses the software. A problem for HPC's often troublesome technical side. Other IP based fora I use do not suffer. Go figure.

Pint of Margeaux please!

The home brew ran out weerks ago and I've not got round to putting any more on so have to buy my bloody alcohol at present. Boulstering the "recovery" though, I suppose.

This week I have been drinking:

Villa De Moreschi, Montepulciano, D'Abruzzo (£8.99 in Sainsbury.........or £8.00 for two at the moment ?????) 9/10

Roc Saint Vincent, Sauvignon Blanc.........10/10

Hic.....Hic.....Hiccc

Co-op Chilean Merlot at £3.99 a bottle

As an alternative Thatchers Katy Cider. This stuff actually tastes of apples unlike the chemical cocktail of loopy juice that masquerades as Cider in most boozers. It is a class act that converted me from being a 30 year hater of Cider into quite a fan.

Will I be able to see the sea from Callington?

quote name='Frank Hovis' date='28 August 2010 - 11:06 AM' timestamp='1282946772' post='2689433']

I know 'Bart' was being ironic but I am genuine in saying I never touch the stuff. Tastes like a classy alcopop to me; far too strong and far too sweet.

Ale, ale's the stuff...

Doom Bar, Tribute and HSD tonight. With a view across the bay and a low-to-the-horizon yellow moon and good company. It gets no better than this.

Will I be able to see the sea from Callingto?[

quote name=Frank Hovis' date='28 August 2010 - 11:06 AM' timestamp='1282946772' post='2689433]

Ale, ale's the stuff...

Ah, good you made it down.

Well you will if you watch Home and Away.