House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mega

Danny Blanchflower

Just been on BBC news, i normally want to kill this bloke, but now i cheer him........he is a money printer.....sooner the better.....Go Danny Go!

Mike

Just been on BBC news, i normally want to kill this bloke, but now i cheer him........he is a money printer.....sooner the better.....Go Danny Go!

Mike

have you got a link

have you got a link

BBC News is television.

I did see it though and Blanchflower was basically saying "Labour good.... Balls is God... Bernanke good.... Coalition bad... Support the housing market... oh and print money" :rolleyes:.

I saw it. I think I heard him say "inflation is not even an issue" or words to that effect.

Essentially his type are trying to tell us, "we'll be fine, as long as we keep zero interest rates and keep printing money. For ever..... and ever..."

Genius!

Trouble is, even the money printing brigade can't get their "theory" to work if unemployment keeps persisting or going up.

Only solution?, employ everyone by means of letting people print their own money!! I have a Canon Printer.... but it's out of ink.

I saw it. I think I heard him say "inflation is not even an issue" or words to that effect.

Essentially his type are trying to tell us, "we'll be fine, as long as we keep zero interest rates and keep printing money. For ever..... and ever..."

Genius!

Trouble is, even the money printing brigade can't get their "theory" to work if unemployment keeps persisting or going up.

Only solution?, employ everyone by means of letting people print their own money!! I have a Canon Printer.... but it's out of ink.

Surely the solution is to email everybody with a picture of a billion pound note and print your own. Fairs fair.

Blanchflower was basically saying "Labour good.... Balls is God... Bernanke good.... Coalition bad... Support the housing market... oh and print money"

I'm sorry, but Blanchflower must, must die! :angry:

I have a Canon Printer.... but it's out of ink.

If you could print your own money you might be able to afford the price of Canon's inks!

(Buy gold, it's cheaper!)

Oh hang on... its David Blanchflower isn't it.

Danny Blanchflower was a footballer chap.

I keep getting that wrong. I bet the footballer knew more about economics though.

Apparently David likes to be called Danny. Or people call him that.

The Times does it too:

When David “Danny” Blanchflower was appointed to the Bank of England’s monetary policy committee (MPC) nearly three years ago, there was surprise.

LINK

er,,why ? why is money printing good ?

I think Mike wants things brought to a head and thinks Danny Boy is the best candidate for the job.

Such a shame Gordon Brown lost the election.

Oh hang on... its David Blanchflower isn't it.

Danny Blanchflower was a footballer chap.

I keep getting that wrong. I bet the footballer knew more about economics though.

He owed it all to Shredded Wheat, according to the adverts of the time

"Pass the hot milk please"

The above trivia was posted to calm the thoughts of the current ultra-irritating DB appearing on Newsnight later <_<

Surely the solution is to email everybody with a picture of a billion pound note and print your own. Fairs fair.

They won't do that, but they were generous enough to give me the opportunity to swap their funny money for some physical gold which, once the dust has settled, will pretty much amount to the same thing for me. Thanks government/banking morons.

Edited by General Congreve

The likes of him told us that printing money was going to solve the crisis. A year or two later, we're facing another looming crisis, the debts and fundamental problems are deeper and people are being hurt by price inflation and low salaries.

By any measure, the tactic has failed miserably so quite obviously what we need to do is EVEN MORE OF IT. :rolleyes:

FFS! The fact that there's still an appetite for money printing should tell you how this is all going to end - they will print more and more and more until they get the desired effect. Then, as it has clearly 'worked' they'll print some more to 'lock in' the newfound prosperity. Then as prices get higher and higher the demand for new money will be insatiable.

The likes of him told us that printing money was going to solve the crisis. A year or two later, we're facing another looming crisis, the debts and fundamental problems are deeper and people are being hurt by price inflation and low salaries.

By any measure, the tactic has failed miserably so quite obviously what we need to do is EVEN MORE OF IT. :rolleyes:

FFS! The fact that there's still an appetite for money printing should tell you how this is all going to end - they will print more and more and more until they get the desired effect. Then, as it has clearly 'worked' they'll print some more to 'lock in' the newfound prosperity. Then as prices get higher and higher the demand for new money will be insatiable.

Don't you all get it yet? Danny gets paid in dollars (he works in the US). He hopes that his mates will carry on the good work started by him and his ilk and destroy the pound. He can then clean up back home when a quid is worth a nickel. Crafty sod. Nah he's not that clever.

Apparently David likes to be called Danny. Or people call him that.

The Times does it too:

LINK

Oh I see. Thanks Bart :) That's why I keep getting it confused all the time. (that and me being a bit thick) :D:D

That link really shows the failure of understanding with this whole thing doesn't it.

Headline reads : "The Bank's professor who got his sums right - Danny Blanchflower saw the recession coming a year ago"

For gods sake. He was voting for low interest rates at practically every MPC meeting for years. Which helped cause the credit boom, and then the inevitable credit crunch.

Blimey, you'd think people would be figuring this out by now. :angry:

Edited by wtb

Can we first have an email to say buy a printer first and then do this email.

Although this would certainly help increase the money supply and the people can print faster than De La Rue. Although to be honest I think the easy option is to give everyone electronic money, give everyone a debit card with £100bn already on it.

Inflation would never be able to keep up with the electronic printing press. Seriously it cannot fail.