House Price Crash Forum

Rumours Benanke Will Announce Qe2 At 3Pm

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, the moment he opened his mouth the DOW dropped about 70 or 80 points.... so, correct me if I am wrong, if someone had spread bet 1K per point drop in the DOW they could now close that and have made 70K or 80K in 10 minutes?

Could have lost it as well, it's no different to gambling. Who was it that said that markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent?

Personally I prefer a low risk/high return approach. Always believe in your soul...

too many people on the fomc latest meeting yet to buy the qe2 argument so rumour was unlikely to be true . probably need the dow etc to have a right good crash first / obama runs out of more printed money

People have been saying late 2010/early 2011 for a while now - anyway, didnt he do a mini QE of sorts a few weeks back?

Everytime the BBC have him on its the balanced panel of Blanchflower vs. er, Blanchflower.

Speaking of Blachflower vs. Blanchflower.

According to an article in New Hampshire’s Union Leader, "The decision reversed a Lebanon Family Court’s finding allowing David G. Blanchflower of Hanover to allege fault against his wife, Sian Blanchflower, for carrying on a ‘continuing adulterous affair’ with a woman… The ruling may have monetary consequences for David Blanchflower because he cannot use adultery to prove fault against his wife in the divorce." New Hampshire state law defines "adultery" as "sexual intercourse outside of marriage."

Webster’s Dictionary defines "sexual intercourse" as requiring a male and a female organ. Justice Joseph P. Nadeau backed up the court’s decision, stating that according to the law, adultery "clearly can only take place between persons of the opposite gender."

Poor Danny Boy got taken to the cleaners there. :lol:

Is it just me or does it smack of 'QE2 means QE1 didn't work'?

If QE1 didn't work, isn't QE2 desperation?

No no, that is totally the wrong way to view it.

QE1 was such a success that only a fool would not extend it.

My quote of the day:-

Another concern associated with additional securities purchases is that substantial further expansions of the balance sheet could reduce public confidence in the Fed’s ability to execute a smooth exit from its accommodative policies at the appropriate time.

No no, that is totally the wrong way to view it.

QE1 was such a success that only a fool would not extend it.

My quote of the day:-

Yes QE1 brought in limited success it's stabilised the ship sort off, but it's not fixed the problem. Clearly what's needed this time is even more money to ensure the economic recovery is sustainable.

Yes QE1 brought in limited success it's stabilised the ship sort off, but it's not fixed the problem. Clearly what's needed this time is even more money to ensure the economic recovery is sustainable.

I like that analogy-bring in more pumps to bail out the boat until their weight capsizes it

I like that analogy-bring in more pumps to bail out the boat until their weight capsizes it

I think I read earlier this week that the BP oil rig was capsized by the weight of the water on its decks that came from the fireboats trying to put out the fire, and it's that that caused the massive oil spill? More water/printing is sure gonna sink the economy.