"hendys" Are Still Doing My Head In

£135,000 Freehold

* Three bedroom semi

* Central heating and double glazing

* Attractive garden

* Fab modern white kitchen

* Target market? First time buyers!

Did you know that?...

The Nag's Head on Town Street originates from the middle of the 18th Century. 250 years later it still forms part of The Village's unique drinking scene!

We'll be frank? In the £120,000 to £140,000 price bracket in general and specifically within Hendys catchment area, it's a case of getting on the proverbial ladder. In your twenties you can look forward to promotion, pay rises, parents chipping in and inevitably, good chance and a bit of luck. Then you think of upgrading but with this to sell as a start off point. In the meantime? You'll enjoy living here. In particular the 22' x 10' living room. Way, way above average kitchen and for the kids, a good sized and secure garden to run off excess energy.

http://www.hendys.co.uk/residential_sales/.../100004320.html

What about looking forward to recession, redundancy, pay cuts and your parents being too poor to "chip in". What about a life of debt with a property worth far less than you paid for it and little chance of ever "upgrading".

What about being RIPPED OFF!!!!

:lol:

You've gotta admire them for it! :ph34r:

However, living on the very outskirts of London we can only dream of getting a 3 bed semi for 135k. 235k would be much closer to the mark. :angry:

Overpriced rubbish, here in surrey heath we have these!!

And a local estate agents is offering you the chance to win a 42" plasma TV if you use there mortgage advisor

1 bed studio

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-817...pa_n=2&tr_t=buy

Or how about a mobile Home for £140K

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-401...a_n=16&tr_t=buy

Also has anyone else noticed the new executive flats now have housing association signs now???

I would love to own a house like that. We could have a study and a room with enough space for a bunk bed for any prospective brats. The mortgage would be affordable, just about. The garden is not bad and the kitchen is fine.

Sadly, it is approximately 200 miles from where the wife and I work.

It hacks me off when people say that FTBers are greedy, it's just that half-decent housing is simply unaffordable or way too far away.

I would love to own a house like that. We could have a study and a room with enough space for a bunk bed for any prospective brats. The mortgage would be affordable, just about. The garden is not bad and the kitchen is fine.

Sadly, it is approximately 200 miles from where the wife and I work.

It hacks me off when people say that FTBers are greedy, it's just that half-decent housing is simply unaffordable or way too far away.

Its all relative, though RichM. London and the Southeast has always been (or at least in the last 50 years) more expensive than the North. 2 years ago, this would have cost 50K. Thats why were being ripped off. Still I take your point.