House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Realistbear

Iran Issues Fatwa Against Pets - Dog Food Sales Soar

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/7966326/Iran-issues-fatwa-against-pets.html

Iran issues fatwa against pets

Iranian authorities have banned all advertisements for pets, pet food and other pet products.
Published: 5:56PM BST 26 Aug 2010
While keeping dogs as pets has become increasingly fashionable in Iran in recent years, the fatwa cited Islamic tradition, which dictates that dogs are unclean.
Related Articles
Muslim clerics ban 'funky' hair
Iran government issues style guide for men's hair
Farting banned as unclean
Iran bans prayers for 'Angel of Freedom' Neda Agha Soltan
Iran protesters stage 'Day of Mourning'
Opposition leaders join thousands protesting in IranIn June, Ayatollah Shirazi declared dogs unclean, saying that dog owners were blindly imitating the West and that their devotion to the animals would result in evil outcomes.
Many people in the West love their dogs more than their wives and children, he said.
The ban on pet advertising is the latest attempt by Irans culture ministry to undermine decadent Western culture.

Well, maybe no praises for the cat in the bin lady but it amounts to the same thing. Might not be long now before the Russians complete their nuke program for them and they begin frying the Jews and the decadent Arab nations that surround them.

The problem is Irans population is very young, huge internet usage, there is rampant drug abuse and everything else that goes with it. The difference between the imposed laws and reality sounds stark...

http://www.reuters.c...E5AE0Z020091115

Sounds a bit like the french governments attempt to ban Americanism in the 80s/90s...

Sounds like a good enough reason for the Israelis to drop bombs on netanz to me.

You guys do realise Iran is nothing like it's portrayed in the media?

They have the largest Jewish population outside Israel and the United States.

And despite what the US says, Iran hasn't broken any laws on nuclear development... in fact it has stuck to them to the letter.

The worlds persecution of Iran on the back of totally unsubstantiated accusations from the US is a disgrace.

The last time the US did this they ended up invading Iraq. And look how many WMDs they found there.

And despite what the US says, Iran hasn't broken any laws on nuclear development... in fact it has stuck to them to the letter.

The worlds persecution of Iran on the back of totally unsubstantiated accusations from the US is a disgrace.

The last time the US did this they ended up invading Iraq. And look how many WMDs they found there.

+ 1

Be we know that already, doesn't stop the shlt happening though.

No dubbya m d's, but there's a shit load of oil, same goes for Iran, well more nat gas than oil

No, he's spot on, only thing he didn't mention is that the largest Jewish population after Israel in the Middle East is in Iran or Persia. Anything from 25,000 to 40,000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Jews

I also fully agree what you see & hear about Iran & what reality is when I realised that our (western) media is fully controlled & will tell you lies to achieve certain goals. eg Iraq WMD.

pathetic attempts by a handful individuals here to support that agenda akin to Taliban religeous fundamentilism really, who will carry on their mission regardless.

The problem is Irans population is very young, huge internet usage, there is rampant drug abuse and everything else that goes with it.  The difference between the imposed laws and reality sounds stark...

http://www.reuters.c...E5AE0Z020091115

Sounds a bit like the french governments attempt to ban Americanism in the 80s/90s...

Problem is not just in Iran, since US & NATO has taken over, drugs prodution has gone up by 50 fold!!! according to UN estimates, neighbouring countries like Russia & China has seen their markets are flooded with heroin from Afghanistan, its no coincidence.

Moscow blames US for 'heroin tsunami' sweeping Russia (VIDEO BBC)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8599008.stm

Since 2001 opium production in Afghanistan has risen nearly 50 fold and in Russia the result is an epidemic of heroin abuse.

Russia now has around 2.5m heroin addicts and at least 30,000 of them will die this year.

The Russian authorities accuse the United States of helping the drug suppliers by refusing to destroy opium crops in Afghanistan.

http://engforum.pravda.ru/showthread.php?282196-Moscow-blames-US-for-heroin-tsunami-sweeping-Russia-(VIDEO-BBC)&highlight=drugs+russia

Problem is not just in Iran, since US & NATO has taken over, drugs prodution has gone up by 50 fold!!! according to UN estimates, neighbouring countries like Russia & China has seen their markets are flooded with heroin from Afghanistan, its no coincidence.

Moscow blames US for 'heroin tsunami' sweeping Russia (VIDEO BBC)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8599008.stm

Since 2001 opium production in Afghanistan has risen nearly 50 fold and in Russia the result is an epidemic of heroin abuse.

Russia now has around 2.5m heroin addicts and at least 30,000 of them will die this year.

The Russian authorities accuse the United States of helping the drug suppliers by refusing to destroy opium crops in Afghanistan.

http://engforum.pravda.ru/showthread.php?282196-Moscow-blames-US-for-heroin-tsunami-sweeping-Russia-(VIDEO-BBC)&highlight=drugs+russia

I've got a 26 year old son in the uk who last night told me again he is going to join the army to 'help out' in afghanistan and iraq.

I have tried my best to explain that the situation with the british military is different to when his parent were in. Putting on a costume and picking up a gun really helps no one and serious harm comes to those children who think like this. My ex wife is encouraging him due no job. I'm devastated the country I was born and grew up in has come to this.

He said, "Dad, I can't afford a house, a girlfriend or even a decent car.I can keep trying to become a personal fitness trainer with labouring to help with vehicle costs, but I can no longer keep going".

Well, maybe no praises for the cat in the bin lady but it amounts to the same thing.

Sorry to be a pedant but I thought it was dogs specifically that Islam had a downer on as distinct from domestic animals in general.

But there again, as a mere ayatollah (without the 'grand'), what would I know? :wacko:

Iran issues fatwa against pets

Iranian authorities have banned all advertisements for pets, pet food and other pet products.

While keeping dogs as pets has become increasingly fashionable in Iran in recent years, the fatwa cited Islamic tradition, which dictates that dogs are unclean.

Not as unclean as the filth who issued it. I would rather have a dog living in my home than the fascist clerics who issued this fatwa. :angry:

The more I learn about people the more I prefer my dog.

Right mate it`s roast beef for dinner tomorrow as he wags his tail.

No, he's spot on, only thing he didn't mention is that the largest Jewish population after Israel in the Middle East is in Iran or Persia.

How is "spot on"? He never mentioned the Middle East he just said Iran has the largest Jewish population after Israel and the USA - completely incorrect.

The usual fabrications and distortions from the Trot supporters of Islamofascism.

No, he's spot on, only thing he didn't mention is that the largest Jewish population after Israel in the Middle East is in Iran or Persia. Anything from 25,000 to 40,000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Jews

I also fully agree what you see & hear about Iran & what reality is when I realised that our (western) media is fully controlled & will tell you lies to achieve certain goals. eg Iraq WMD.

pathetic attempts by a handful individuals here to support that agenda akin to Taliban religeous fundamentilism really, who will carry on their mission regardless.

There are still more living in the UK, France, canada to name a few so it's a complete BS statement.

So what there are 20,000 Jews in Iran, what does that prove? :unsure:

Can you prove they can worship freely, can they openly and outwardly show their Jewishness?

Can you show us they aren't persecuted?

Can you show they aren't treated like second class citizens?

Can you show us, that they are fully respected by the Islamic majority and that their wishes as a minorty are fully taken into account ?

Can you provide data as to how many leave because of the above every year, if indeed this happens.

I suspect not, but I await your answer with interest to the above. :)

Edit: Typo.

As you can't be bothered to google, I will do it for you, here we go:

eye opening material, don't let bigtory influence your judgement.

wait to hear back :)

From BBC

Iran's proud but discreet Jews

By Frances Harrison

BBC News, Tehran

The Jewish presence dates back nearly 3,000 years.

Although Iran and Israel are bitter enemies, few know that Iran is home to the largest number of Jews anywhere in the Middle East outside Israel.

About 25,000 Jews live in Iran and most are determined to remain no matter what the pressures - as proud of their Iranian culture as of their Jewish roots.

It is dawn in the Yusufabad synagogue in Tehran and Iranian Jews bring out the Torah and read the ancient text before making their way to work.

It is not a sight you would expect in a revolutionary Islamic state, but there are synagogues dotted all over Iran where Jews discreetly practise their religion.

"Because of our long history here we are tolerated," says Jewish community leader Unees Hammami, who organised the prayers.

He says the father of Iran's revolution, Imam Khomeini, recognised Jews as a religious minority that should be protected.

As a result Jews have one representative in the Iranian parliament.

"Imam Khomeini made a distinction between Jews and Zionists and he supported us," says Mr Hammami.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5367892.stm

Iranian Jews have been living in Iran (Persia) since 2700 years ago and there are many holy and historical places of Jews in this country such as the tomb of Prophet Daniel in the city of Shoush, Ester and Mordechai in Hamedan and Prophet Habakkuk in Touiserkan.

There are also tombs of several outstanding Jewish scholars in Iran like "harav Uresharga" in Yazd and "Hakham Mullah Moshe Halevi" in Kashan. Muslims had respected these also.

At the present, population of the Jews in Iran is estimated about 25’000 to 30’000 of which about 15000 people are in Tehran (the Capital) and the rest of them in terms of population are residing in Shiraz, Isfahan, Kermanshah, Yazd, Kerman, Rafsanjan, Borujerd, Sanandaj and Oromieh respectively.

Administration of Jewish Social Religious affairs in the past has been under the two authorities, “Hebra” (the assembly of the elite of community) and “Bet-Din” (the house of religion). Since 1938, Hebra was formally registered under the title of “Tehran Jewish Committee (Association)” and now is operating under supervision of the Ministry of Interior, and Ministry of culture and Islamic Guidance and Endowments Organization. This association has committees (subgroups) like Cultural, States, Youth, (Domestic) Dispute Settling, and Cooperative committees (for poor families).

By establishment of the National legislature in Constitutional period (about a century ago), religious minorities in Iran obtained representation in the parliament and since then Jews have always had representatives in the parliament. After the victory of the Islamic revolution (1979), a Jewish representatives in the parliament. After the victory of the Islamic Revolution, a Jewish representative has had an active presence in the Constitution of Elite Council. According to the Constitution, Jews have a representative in Islamic Consultative Assembly (Parliament called “Majlis”). Political, social, and religious activities of Jewish society revolve around Jewish religious authorities (Chief Rabbi Yousef Hamedani Cohen), Jews representative in Islamic Consultative Assembly and Tehran Jewish Committee Board of Directors. Any position declaration or pursuance of legal, political, and social issues of Jewish society is addressed through above bodies.

At the present, this community has many synagogues, special schools, cultural complexes, youth, students and women centers, aging centers, central libraries, computer training centers, music training centers, gathering halls and butcheries according to Jewish religion in different regions and cities of the country. Information and publishing of Jewish cultural works as many different books and journals almost always have been present and after the Islamic Revolution, in addition to periodical local bulletins, the magazine of “Tamouz” (up to 1989) and the monthly of “Ofegh-BINA” (organ of Jewish Committee since 1999) have been responsible for the task. Tehran Jews usually do their sport activities in the sport club of “Gibor.” This club is responsible for sport training courses and competitions as well as contests between religious minorities and always has the cooperation from Jew and non-Jew coaches. Jewish Women Organization is cooperating with this club in women sport affairs too. Charity Hub is also one of the charity agencies of Jewish society that its main activity is managing the Dr. Sapir Hospital in south of Tehran city that provides services to all of Tehran citizens. The cost of maintaining this hospital is primarily provided by the Jewish charitable.

Religious teaching foe Jews is taught formally up to the end of high school according to books approved by Education Ministry in certain hours (instead of Islamic teachings and the Quran) in public schools. Along with this, sessions for training of religious teachings and the explanation of Torah and sometimes teachings of Talmud are taught irregularly in the synagogues (Talmud Torah). In addition, groups of youth usually organize religious gathering and congregations and religious speeches in most of synagogues of Tehran and other cities throughout the country.

http://www.iranjewish.com/Essay_E/Essay_e1.htm

Another bit of very interesting news & this is from your motherland so you can't deny it, these people were offered bribe to leave Iran, for Israel, but they refused!!! than it was doubled ( oh desperation, still failed to work):

So being Jewish doesn't mean to be linked to Israel then.

Iranian Jews blast offer of cash for immigrating to Israel

Iranian Jewish group says community's identity not for sale; donors offer $10,000 to move to Israel.

By Yossi Melman

An Iranian Jewish organization announced over the weekend that it rejected an initiative to compel Iran's Jewish community to immigrate to Israel using cash incentives.

"[The money is]inappropriate and politically immature," the group said in a statement that was carried by Western and Iranian news outlets.

It added Iran's Jewish community has remained loyal to the Islamic Republic and that their "Jewish Iranian identity is not a commodity that passes from the hands of one merchant to another in return for money."

The statment addressed an offer by expatriate Iranian Jews offering a sum of $10,000 to each individual to immigrate to Israel.

The $10,000 offer doubled the existing $5,000 allocated each Jewish Iranian upon arrival to Israel by the Ministry of Absorption and the Jewish Agency.

Iran's Jewish community has decreased from 80,000 before the Islamic revolution, to about 20,000 today.

It is represented in parliament by a Jewish lawmaker and is the largest Jewish community in the Middle East outside of Israel.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/iranian-jews-blast-offer-of-cash-for-immigrating-to-israel-1.225507

Holocaust denying myth, Iran & Jews. Amazing when msm demonize someone or a country with lies regardless of being discovered.

I think he (Iranian President) like some european historians, asked for more research, whats wrong with that or is there something to hide? holocaust industry!

Anyway how many here believe msm nowadays.

Iran Holocaust drama is a big hit

By Jon Leyne

BBC News, Tehran

The scene is wartime Paris. Swastikas adorn the Champs Elysees.

Jackbooted Nazis are rounding up Jews for the concentration camps, while terrified Parisians look on.

It is a familiar plot for a television blockbuster. And this time the formula has been as popular as ever, drawing in massive audiences week after week.

The only difference is that this is a series made for Iranian state TV, and it has been piling up the ratings in the country whose president once questioned the very existence of the Holocaust.

The fact that Zero Degree Turn has been allowed on TV, shows the official sensitivity over the accusations of anti-Semitism that have followed President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's various comments about Israel and the Holocaust.

'Iranian Schindler'

"There's been a menu of demonising Iran to portray it as anti-Jewish, which is not the case at all," argues Iranian commentator and film-maker Nader Talebzadeh.

"This popular television series, which is visually also very attractive, has tackled this issue because of all the propaganda against Iran."

The series has gone a step beyond simply acknowledging the Holocaust.

The central character is an Iranian diplomat, who provides false Iranian passports to enable Jews to flee the Nazi-occupied France, a sort of the Iranian Schindler. He even has a love affair with a Jewish woman.

The writer and director of the series, Hassan Fathi, says he used a true story from World War II to show the outside world they have the wrong impression of Iran.

"In those terrible years there were many people who could help the Jews, but they didn't because they were afraid they would be arrested," Mr Fathi explains.

"But some Iranians, when they saw they could save some Jews, they left their fear behind and did so - because of their character and their culture, their beliefs and their traditions," he adds.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7119474.stm

I must have spent several mintues on google to find all these links for half a dozen or so Israeli war mongers here, new aim "target Iran" but it seems their each attempts fails as we ain't buying any more bullsh*t.

I must say I've learnt myself a few things about Iran while searching, a pleasent surprise.

Ayatollah Shirazi declared dogs unclean,

This is just a misunderstanding.

Shirazi had been trialling some sheep dogs and one went berzerk and killed a lamb. He got all paranoid and started mouthing off about how the dogs had it in for his flock, hence the spokesman quote: "He believes dogs are against 'is lamb."

The rest is history ...

This is just a misunderstanding.

Shirazi had been trialling some sheep dogs and one went berzerk and killed a lamb. He got all paranoid and started mouthing off about how the dogs had it in for his flock, hence the spokesman quote: "He believes dogs are against 'is lamb."

The rest is history ...

something like this?

Entire flocks of lambs were shipped over from the UK and Australia to Japan by an internet company and marketed as the latest 'must have' accessory.

Is it a lamb? Is it a poodle? Can you spot the difference?

But the scam was only spotted after a leading Japanese actress said her 'poodle' didn't bark and refused to eat dog food.

Like hundreds of Metro.co.uk readers, we also think this has a whiff of the 'urban myth' about it - but hey, it's a good story.

Maiko Kawakami, who starred in the Japanese thriller Violent Cop, showed photographs of her pet on a television talk show only to be told it wasn't a dog - but was in fact a lamb.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/46730-dog-owners-fleeced-in-poodle-scam

something like this?

That might be an urban myth, but here in Britain, we have an even more outlandish story that is actually true (oh the shame):

Adorable ‘teacup pigs’ are latest hit with Brits

David and Victoria Beckham spend over $2,000 on designer 'teacup' pigs

.... yet ...

No such thing as teacup pigs

Somebody could be in for a pig surprise!

pig-vietnamese-pot-bellied-pot-belly-huge-big-pet2.jpg

That might be an urban myth, but here in Britain, we have an even more outlandish story that is actually true (oh the shame):

Adorable ‘teacup pigs’ are latest hit with Brits

David and Victoria Beckham spend over $2,000 on designer 'teacup' pigs

Somebody could be in for a pig surprise!

Victoria & Beckham

£2k a piece

now there's a surprise & it never caught on! just like their range of fashion items :lol:

Guest Absolutely Fabulous

Not as unclean as the filth who issued it. I would rather have a dog living in my home than the fascist clerics who issued this fatwa. mad.gif

The more I learn about people the more I prefer my dog.

Right mate it`s roast beef for dinner tomorrow as he wags his tail.

They seem to have a thing about uncleanliness and are fond of assigning it to everyone else.

"The infidels are unclean; do not let them into a mosque" (9:28)

" Jews are apes and pigs"blink.gif

I prefer dogs and pigs, TBH, to a good many folk. Horses... it goes without saying.smile.gif Infinitely superior to a good many folk. I am with Jonathan Swift on this.cool.gif

So what there are 20,000 Jews in Iran, what does that prove? :unsure:

Can you prove they can worship freely, can they openly and outwardly show their Jewishness?

Can you show us they aren't persecuted?

Can you show they aren't treated like second class citizens?

Can you show us, that they are fully respected by the Islamic majority and that their wishes as a minorty are fully taken into account ?

Can you provide data as to how many leave because of the above every year, if indeed this happens.

I suspect not, but I await your answer with interest to the above. :)

Edit: Typo.

knock knock

all questioned dully answered...

any Israeli war monger?