House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Do You Have Any Work "perks"

The place I used to work full-time (I currently work P-T), I had flexi time, which I found to be a god send..What's are your best perks? - a lovely secretary perchance, a poncy car?

The place I used to work full-time (I currently work P-T), I had flexi time, which I found to be a god send..What's are your best perks? - a lovely secretary perchance, a poncy car?

Mostly my own boss, swing in when I like, work from home if I feel like it.

Saying that I work like a damn dog so not really feeling the benefit! :)

In the logistics industry the perks are often more rewarding than the pay, which tends to be very low.

I've heard of this - "Things that fall off the back of a lorry"?

I work as a contractor so my perks are up to me, but my client's office building has a great restaurant. Its help yourself and everything is free.

What as a P.A? :unsure:

I get to help myself to free biro's whenever mine runs out of ink!

I remember being told to grab a handful of decent freebie (bank?) pens etc

- coz very roughly, it takes £12 eg 'bank turnover' to produce £1 profit to buy the 'freebie' pen!

PS. A 'blow football' pro & 'hands on' glass blowers - could be described as having 'blow-jobs'!

(wonder what heading the job centre would assign them?)

Company car, expenses, work from home officially, loads of overtime and extra work if wanted, flexible hours, unlimited use of company phone, lots of computer related freebies, great colleagues, nice boss, extremely varied work. B)

My company provides....

Free coffee (top of the range poncey machine)

Free milk to go in the coffee

Free sugar to go in the coffee

A table football game

A pool table

A Wii

An evening with a free bar at a local pub every 3 months

And they don't seem to care what time you turn up or leave.

Personally I think it's ridiculously slack. For example, a few months back our internet connection became too slow because too many staff were watching YouTube vids at their desk. Solution? Get a dedicated ADSL line just for private browsing!

Company car, expenses, work from home officially, loads of overtime and extra work if wanted, flexible hours, unlimited use of company phone, lots of computer related freebies, great colleagues, nice boss, extremely varied work. B)

No one likes a show off :D

Er there are a few and there's only about 40 of us in this office.

Flexi time

Work from home when I want. Currently do every Tuesday, but I've done Thursday & Friday as well for the last 3 weeks

Free tea, coffee, milk & sugar in the kitchen.

Those poncy water machines

A nice young lady brings a basket of organic fruit every Monday morning

6 weeks holiday + bank holidays

Yearly bonus

Share options

As much overtime as I want

On call payments on bank holidays

Once a quarter everyone goes out for a meal on the company to thank us for our work

Unlimited private use of company mobile

20mb Leased line for the internet which is unfiltered so we can use uTorrent on our desktops :D

Probably more that I can't remember at the moment.

Free refuse collection from under my desk each night. Have saved a small fortune in skip hire costs after bringing DIY waste into work in small loads.

Often use the office lights to charge my collection of "glow in the dark" stars. Know I shouldn't, but hey ho.

Free Snacks and Drink

Free Beer

Pool Table

TV

Boss takes us to the Pub for lunch every Friday.

A social event once a month which the boss pays for

Regular BBQs with decent food when the weather is right

When you work out how much it actually costs per head it's peanuts, but it generates a lot of good will and loyalty. The availability of the perks is more an indication of the working environment, our boss works pretty much 24/7 but he expects a solid 8 but no more, there are limits but you can pretty much turn up when you want.

There are other areas which you might not call perks but make it a great place to work, we are all effectively our own bosses, given our own responsibilities and left to get on with it and make our own decisions.

This is in stark contrast to working in Retail for 10 years where you effectively had to ask if you could go to the toilet. It's amazing how being treated like an adult effects peoples general behaviour.

Often use the office lights to charge my collection of "glow in the dark" stars. Know I shouldn't, but hey ho.

It has come to our attention that you have been making flagrant and inappropriate use of company resources, please come to my office and collect your P45.

The Boss

Guest eight

In the logistics industry the perks are often more rewarding than the pay, which tends to be very low.

You're not one of the stevedores out of "The Wire" are you?

eight

Work from home full time.

Company pays for my broadband connection.

Very understanding about family demands.

Work to finish your project attitude, not work to the clock.

No overtime though.

Free Snacks and Drink

Free Beer

Pool Table

TV

Boss takes us to the Pub for lunch every Friday.

A social event once a month which the boss pays for

Regular BBQs with decent food when the weather is right

When you work out how much it actually costs per head it's peanuts, but it generates a lot of good will and loyalty. The availability of the perks is more an indication of the working environment, our boss works pretty much 24/7 but he expects a solid 8 but no more, there are limits but you can pretty much turn up when you want.

There are other areas which you might not call perks but make it a great place to work, we are all effectively our own bosses, given our own responsibilities and left to get on with it and make our own decisions.

This is in stark contrast to working in Retail for 10 years where you effectively had to ask if you could go to the toilet. It's amazing how being treated like an adult effects peoples general behaviour.

Gissa job!