House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Immigration Up 20% Last Year

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/7965904/Immigration-up-by-a-fifth.html

Immigration to Britain increased by a fifth last year, driven by a sharp rise in the number of foreign students being allowed into the country, figures show.
By Tom "Thomas" Whitehead, Home Affairs Editor
Published: 3:30PM BST 26 Aug 2010
The number of visas issued to students rose 35% to 362,015 in the year to June. Some 196,000 more people moved to the country than left in 2009 compared with a net migration of 163,000 in the previous year.
The figures are for the last full year of the Labour Government and raise serious questions over the effectiveness of its flagship points based system that was introduced to curb immigration.

How to go from anti-immigration to gung ho pro immigration with a simple click of the linky. <_<

Seriously though, the government are going to have to get a handle on this issue sooner rather than later as cutbacks are crippling our infrastructure without the burden of an extra few million people (some exceptions should be made for the sake of our gene pool).

Edited by Realistbear

The number of visas issued to students rose 35% to 362,015 in the year to June.

Except.. there hasn't been anywhere near that increase in the number of foreign students at University/College.. meaning they're just getting into the country on a Student visa with no intention of studying.

1 in 4 babies born in the UK are born to immigrant mothers. That's a crazy high number that must be putting a strain on the NHS

Edited by exiges

Sure I heard that net immigration was now negative. The world gets our talented high flyers. We get "students" and Stabucks barista's. Seems a good deal.

Except.. there hasn't been anywhere near that increase in the number of foreign students at University/College.. meaning they're just getting into the country on a Student visa with no intention of studying.

1 in 4 babies born in the UK are born to immigrant mothers. That's a crazy high number that must be putting a strain on the NHS

In my area the NHS are giving uyp trying to keep up with the pressure. Many are just going untreated or wating months for vital tests. The NHS is overloaded. The government probably do not really care as they need more immigrants to prevent the housing market and the nation from imploding. A full on HPC and we are finished.

Edited by Realistbear

Funny, they said the economic downturn would mean fewer immigrants not more.

Given employment hasnt increased, are we to assume thats another couple of hundred thousand non-workers/benefit recipients?

This theory of immigration being good for the economy because most are young, so have long working lives ahead of them and most are male, so cant get pregnant only holds true if they have jobs to go to.

And yes RB, nice picture of immigration - but not very accurate unless youre talking about Cambridge/Oxford unfortunately.

Sure I heard that net immigration was now negative. The world gets our talented high flyers. We get "students" and Starbucks barista's. Seems a good deal.

Not sure why that would be a bad thing. Cheaper coffee and better jobs for all us talented high flyers.

The idea of encouraging talented immigrants was just part of Labour's spiteful war against the middle classes.

Thank God that's over.

Hosting foreign students provides a serious income for middle class homeowners in trouble with their mortgage. Not sure of the figures, but £20k pa for 2 students (assuming occupation is maintained) is my impression. Lovely home and lovely family required, plus family sit-down meals.

I've met Swiss, Basque, Korean, French, Arabian, and Turkish - mostly from families that are wealthier than the host I know. Turk - and maybe Basque - the exceptions. The Arab was minted.

Has ANYONE clicked on the linky yet? :blink:

If you have, did you momentarily go pro-immigration?

I presume you mean the one in the middle of the picture? Yes, very nice B)B)B)

I don't think you can legislate to only let the young and fit ones in though :D

Funny, they said the economic downturn would mean fewer immigrants not more.

Given employment hasnt increased, are we to assume thats another couple of hundred thousand non-workers/benefit recipients?

This theory of immigration being good for the economy because most are young, so have long working lives ahead of them and most are male, so cant get pregnant only holds true if they have jobs to go to.

And yes RB, nice picture of immigration - but not very accurate unless youre talking about Cambridge/Oxford unfortunately.

Cheap Pound mate, its so much easier now to study  holiday, er I mean stay,  in the UK now.

I presume you mean the one in the middle of the picture?  Yes, very nice  B)  B)  B)

I don't think you can legislate to only let the young and fit ones in though  :D

Yes you can - Parliament makes the rules and could do that if it wanted. It's just everyone is so Politically correct.

Personally I'd only allow bright, young , skilled and attractive people in and export the baby boomers.

Hosting foreign students provides a serious income for middle class homeowners in trouble with their mortgage. Not sure of the figures, but £20k pa for 2 students (assuming occupation is maintained) is my impression. Lovely home and lovely family required, plus family sit-down meals.

I've met Swiss, Basque, Korean, French, Arabian, and Turkish - mostly from families that are wealthier than the host I know. Turk - and maybe Basque - the exceptions. The Arab was minted.

foreign students dont go and live with british families and pay £10,000 a year. the agencies they apply through set up the accommodation for them and its usually always halls or house sharing with another bunch of foreign students. the majority of foreign students are not wealthy and actually take out loans in there own country or borrow from relatives, even the few wealthy i have known have house shared with foreign students of same nationality, all organised by the agency. maybe what you say happens in london and i doubt there is actually many doing it, probably less than 1%.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/7965904/Immigration-up-by-a-fifth.html

Immigration to Britain increased by a fifth last year, driven by a sharp rise in the number of foreign students being allowed into the country, figures show.
By Tom "Thomas" Whitehead, Home Affairs Editor
Published: 3:30PM BST 26 Aug 2010
The number of visas issued to students rose 35% to 362,015 in the year to June. Some 196,000 more people moved to the country than left in 2009 – compared with a net migration of 163,000 in the previous year.
The figures are for the last full year of the Labour Government and raise serious questions over the effectiveness of its flagship points based system that was introduced to curb immigration.

How to go from anti-immigration to gung ho pro immigration with a simple click of the linky. <_<

Seriously though, the government are going to have to get a handle on this issue sooner rather than later as cutbacks are crippling our infrastructure without the burden of an extra few million people (some exceptions should be made for the sake of our gene pool).

There is no difference between the liblabcon, when will people learn this! They need to mix up Britains population with more immigrants so we don't resist the one world government thats to come. People who come from elsewhere will not want to defend Britains sovereignty from a one world system, simple.

Thats also why you get on the TV shows that encourage emigration, also now theres more students coming from elsewhere our students also have to leave to study in other countries and the elite hope they nether come back.

Have you also noticed how dispite the theory of global warming there is no suggestion of curtailing cheap air travel, why? because its surving a purpose, a globalist one.

That's coz their fathers are part owners/major shareholders of all our Utility companies/ebay UK etc

They should make it mandatory that a fully comprehensive, non cancellable health insurance policy for the length of study be purchased and proved to be purchased before the issuance of a student visa. What is another 3K when the tuition fees are 30K.

I am sure our banker mates in the insurance markets can knock up a product toot suite and the benefit is that all of the treatment would then be in private GP's and Hospitals so freeing up the NHS GP's and hospitals for the tax payers.

Same should be done with work visas as well.

Edited by ralphmalph

In my area the NHS are giving uyp trying to keep up with the pressure. Many are just going untreated or wating months for vital tests. The NHS is overloaded.

Syphilis and HIV rates are up MoM. Just a consistence of course.

Maybe this immigration "increase" is just immigration just reaching its limits and it'll only slowly decline? As soon as the public sector downsizes after the cuts and universities shrink back to sensible levels foreigners would see less opportunity to move here (which is still a huge commitment and potentially terrible risk).

Immigration is hard to control, short of turning Britain into a North Korea-esque rogue state and unleasing the worst sort of self-inflicted national mayhem since the English Civil War.

Immigration is hard to control, short of turning Britain into a North Korea-esque rogue state and unleasing the worst sort of self-inflicted national mayhem since the English Civil War.

No its not that hard to control , if we wanted to we could do it , but fact is the govenment and the companies love it . Cheap and plentfull labour is why. However like the over mortgaged home owner who bought the biggest house with the biggest loan they could get the true immpications are now showing . To big a mortgage and the buyer can not pay anymore, to much immigration and the lowering of wages the people already here can not spend any more.

No its not that hard to control , if we wanted to we could do it ,

What's your proposition, without incuring the wrath of the EU and UN? We've got a long coastline and a highly developed transport hub for this part of the world.

but fact is the govenment and the companies love it . Cheap and plentfull labour is why.

Yes, on paper, but many of them end up on welfare or go away once they've earned their money, and they were fuel for a huge bubble that started to burst almost two years ago and still bursting.

Edited by Big Orange

What's your proposition, without incuring the wrath of the EU and UN? We've got a long coastline and a highly developed transport hub for this part of the world.

Yes, on paper, but many of them end up on welfare or go away once they've earned their money, and they were fuel for a huge bubble that started to burst almost two years ago and still bursting.

My proposition is say we are full up. If the EU don't like it they can lump it. Lot's of countries in the EU pick and choose which parts they follow and which they don't we should do the same. Only 3 EU countries let the new countries that joined the EU have work access right's , no wonder we got so many of them.

Stopping illegal immigrants is easy , with all the computer systems we have If they want to do it they can , and quick deportation for those that are caught .

Exactley many of them have ended up on benefits or forced others who could have had the jobs on benefits ( and i don't believe the mantra The English do not want to work ) . Send them back if they have no job , and only let the one's in for vacancies that we can not fill. A post on this forum recently said surley with a population as large as ours we must be able to fill the jobs in 99.9% of cases.

Be careful what you wish for, Miko, because if the government can deftly track down and seriously curtail the rights of immigrants and turf them out, that means they can get to you as well...

And you don't need an elaborate conspiracy for immigration to have the impact it has, considering how huge, relatively cheap, and very fast mass transporation has become in the last six decades. Companies sucking up cheap foreign labour at local people's expense and governments getting some leverage from accomodating immigrants to help their voting campaigns is mission creep.

Edited by Big Orange

Yes you can - Parliament makes the rules and could do that if it wanted. It's just everyone is so Politically correct.

Personally I'd only allow bright, young , skilled and attractive people in and export the baby boomers.

Its Generation X* that need exporting. They are the ones in their 40's now who are the BTL "tycoons" and the majority of City Shysters who are robbing Gen Y and the Boomers who are now beginning to retire and suffer the consequences of the Brown years and the young City types who created all this debt.

Down with Gen X I say!

In fact, always blame a different generation as, 9 times out of 10, it is always someone elses' fault and the more we can shift blame the better we feel about our own culpability.