House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stay Beautiful

Mr Polly Peck

I immediately thought 'he must be ill'. You know, like Ronnie Biggs.

Pure supposition.

He sure looks ill.

£250k for bail though, he must need stem cells from royal foetus'es if money is the problem.

'donate' money to the Tory party?

repatriate his winnings from the Greek bankstering system?

his daughter's hot though

'donate' money to the Tory party?

repatriate his winnings from the Greek bankstering system?

his daughter's hot though

I heard on Radio 4 that he has donated to the Conservatives in the past, when interviewed he said "The conditions are right for a court appearance" or to that affect. I guess he feels with the current economic problems and exposures it is the right time. At least I expect that what Max Clifford to him :D.

2 possibilities:

(A ) a contact in a "now friendly" Tory government has promised him free passage through the Court system. (Wipes the slate clean for both parties, so in everyones interest). Looking now like it won't even get to trial though. Guess he still has contacts in high places...?

or

(B ) as above, but lied, and he will be stiched up like a kipper

My money is on "Option A"

Voted Tory myself this time round, but if it's A, then these are the reasons everyone goes off them and votes Labour back in every few years...(me included!)

2 possibilities:

(A ) a contact in a "now friendly" Tory government has promised him free passage through the Court system. (Wipes the slate clean for both parties, so in everyones interest). Looking now like it won't even get to trial though. Guess he still has contacts in high places...?

or

Voted Tory myself this time round, but if it's A, then these are the reasons everyone goes off them and votes Labour back in every few years...(me included!)

A for me. Anyway in comparison with what bankers have done what happened at polly peck does not seem so significant

Things that came to my mind were;

a) Needs medical treatment. He's loaded though so surely he could get it somewhere?

B) He's skint now and needs medical treatment? Go to "a" above.

c) He's pissed off someone powerful in Turkey/Cyprus and is staring down the barrel of a Midnight Express scenario?

d) He's still wealthy, has contacts and has found out that Turkey is going to give back Northern Cyprus to Greece in order to become an EU member state and reckons he'll be made the subject of an EU arrest warrant (if he isn't already) so has done a deal in order to make him self look good so as to avoid scenario c above whilst waiting for the extradition appeals to go through?

He's a Tory donor, enough said. He'll probably end up advising Call Me Dave and maybe heading one of Dave's many new QUANGOs (Business Ethics perhaps) which seem to exist to reward Tory donors with the contents of your wallet.

2 possibilities:

or

Based on previous examples (and I've heard a few) he's been told A but will receive B.

Based on previous examples (and I've heard a few) he's been told A but will receive B.

I think you're right actually. I was cringing a bit yesterday hearing him talking about the change of government its possible that was the moment he blew it and made it impossible for them to help him. Should have kept his gob shut. But you know what these 'captains of industry' are like when it comes to the sound of their own voices.

hotairmail, on 26 August 2010 - 10:20 PM, said:

I immediately thought 'he must be ill'. You know, like Ronnie Biggs.

Pure supposition.

My thoughts too - but there is no evidence for it.

me too !

Reminds me of the Good Old Days, when failed companies (no matter how big) left space for better companies, instead of leaving a gaping hold in the taxpayer's funds.