House Price Crash Forum

Australia

Drac

HOLA441

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-cleveland-106685996#

Nice part of Oz........................

Our sellers lives are completely on hold until a sale here is secured. The stress has got too much. With the loss of a job, a block of land to settle on and a wedding day looming everything depends on a sale. Be bold, be cheeky and be a winner as our owners have never been so negotiable. Buy well and be the envy of all your friends. No offer will offend.

And they will go higher.....................Me thinks i can hear air leaking slowly?

HOLA442

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-cleveland-106685996#

Nice part of Oz........................

Our sellers lives are completely on hold until a sale here is secured. The stress has got too much. With the loss of a job, a block of land to settle on and a wedding day looming everything depends on a sale. Be bold, be cheeky and be a winner as our owners have never been so negotiable. Buy well and be the envy of all your friends. No offer will offend.

And they will go higher.....................Me thinks i can hear air leaking slowly?

The only people being bold and cheeky are the sellers wanting $499k for this in Cleveland, which is a sh!th0le.

Brisbane's market is insane at present.

HOLA443

How did you stumble on that link?

Is it me or.... does Australia (all 3 million square miles of it) utterly disprove the "prices will stay high because we live on a small crowded island" myth?

ignoring the fact that the UK hasn't shrunk by 60% over the past 12 years of course.

Edited by ngn

HOLA444

I looked into moving to Oz 2-3 years ago. Housing is way expensive - plus I don't think I'd handle the heat well. I'll be honest - I wouldn't like the massive spiders!!

A friend went for a holiday (6 months) and was wowed by it - I may have to try it out for a holiday (but it'll be expensive)

HOLA445
HOLA446

How did you stumble on that link?

Is it me or.... does Australia (all 3 million square miles of it) utterly disprove the "prices will stay high because we live on a small crowded island" myth?

ignoring the fact that the UK hasn't shrunk by 60% over the past 12 years of course.

Basically it is the restricted release of land together with easy credit. This is a combination of the state governments, local councils and developers all being in cahoots to extract the maximum they can out of punters, enabled by easy credit from the banks. In the past 3 decades land prices have increased about 6x the rate of the cost of building a house on it. Most of that relative increase has been in the past decade. At present, where I am, about 60+% of the price of a house is the land.

You basically cannot develop land unless you are one of the annoited few big companies. For instance, we wanted to cut off a block from our current 3/4 of an acre to build a house on. Given the area, this block would be worth about $220,000. Council wanted $150,000 to allow us to do this. Cutting off this block would have reduced the value of the main property by at least 70k, so basically what the council wanted was all the profit available in the venture and a bit more. I should mention that absolutely no services needed to be connected to this block -they are there already paid for by us. This was just a pure "local infrastructure development fee" or some such bs. I can assure you the big boys do not pay these level of charges otherwise there would be no profit in their business.

I rarelu use the c word to describe people, but I use it freely in regards to these scum.

HOLA447
HOLA448

I looked into moving to Oz 2-3 years ago. Housing is way expensive - plus I don't think I'd handle the heat well. I'll be honest - I wouldn't like the massive spiders!!

A friend went for a holiday (6 months) and was wowed by it - I may have to try it out for a holiday (but it'll be expensive)

Come - you'll love it - especially if you hear a rattle when you bend over to tie your shoelaces.

The heat isn't want you think - depends on where you live. I'm in Sydney now - and I'm freezing my nut off. Theres snow no more than a few hundred K away atm.

The freemantle doctor is a wonder to behold - and you won't see many spiders unless you go looking for them.

Edited by Alan B'Stard MP

HOLA449

:lol:

I faced similar problem 2-3 yrs back, family's petrified of creepy crawlers of all kind so had to write it off completely.

HOLA4410

I am in Newcastle tonight up from Melbourne and I am finding it nice and warm, especially being above you I now feel secure.

The snow scene is better than jockland even though Goondiwindi has been grinded way before the Uk broke away.

Newcastle?

I hope you remembered to pack your Kevlar vest?

Of course not - youre a true aussie: you just have stick out your index finger and little pinky whilst humming a little aboriginal incantation to send the bogun hoons to sleep.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

http://www.lifestylechannel.com.au/sellinghousesaustralia/series3/episode.asp?episode=5

On a generous whim Tom bought this three bedroom weatherboard cottage in 2009 for his 21 year old son who was on an overseas holiday. He paid $476,000 for it and thought he’d bagged a bargain but unfortunately his son didn’t want it. This was a kid who had other plans for further travel and wasn’t ready or willing to take on a mortgage. So three months later it was back on the market with an asking price of offers over $500,000. An offer duly came in for $510,000 but Tom knocked it back assuming the market was on the rise. But since then he’s had no further interest, perhaps because the property looks sad, dated and dowdy. With a decent makeover budget of $25,000 the house is transformed and the agent confident it will sell at auction, finally freeing Tom of the burden.

$34k profit for flipping a weatherboard house and he knocks it back. What a pillock. Sad thing is he spent 25k on it and made a profit of $64k instead.

My country is overrun with idiots.

Edited by Tiger Woods?