House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HPC=dream

Sarnia Silver

I purchased some silver coins from Sarnia silver today, Its my first every purchase of any physical silver. I thought I would get some for my sons aged 3 and 5. Relatives are always giving them cash for no apparent reason and rather than spend it on tat and sweets I thought I would buy them some physical silver. Its affordable and hopefully it will be a good way of saving for them.

So has anyone used Sarnia?

Thoughts and experience of the company would be good. Also how do you know what you are buying is genuine??

I purchased some silver coins from Sarnia silver today, Its my first every purchase of any physical silver. I thought I would get some for my sons aged 3 and 5. Relatives are always giving them cash for no apparent reason and rather than spend it on tat and sweets I thought I would buy them some physical silver. Its affordable and hopefully it will be a good way of saving for them.

So has anyone used Sarnia?

Thoughts and experience of the company would be good. Also how do you know what you are buying is genuine??

They apparently post each coin individually so that if it costs under 17£(including postage) hence it is VAT free.

They apparently post each coin individually so that if it costs under 17£(including postage) hence it is VAT free.

Thanks. I got an email from a personal email address acknowledging my purchase and it said they will prbably arrive on different days which I thought sounded a bit dodgy. However, I suppose it makes sense if VAT is avoided by doing it that way.

I can also vouch for them, excellent service. I have used them a fair few times and never had a problem. Items do turn up over a couple of days sometimes due to getting separated in the post.

Items do turn up over a couple of days sometimes due to getting separated in the post.

I usually order 10 items at at time and often 9 will turn up on one day and the other on the next.

I just looked at the website. So, you do not have to pay tax on purchases under £18 but will it be seen llike that by the taxman if you buy a 100 of those bullion coins 1 by 1?