House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

150K Plus Asking More Than Bought For Last Year

Have a look at this house that just came on the market on RM today - it should be at the top of this link.

I noticed it had come onto RM earlier and later, when I did a comparission report via the link in West Cross, it popped up again.

It is now on with an asking price of £369,950 - according to RM it last sold in April of LAST YEAR for £210,000!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-value.html?searchLocation=SA3+5PX&displayPropertyType=&bedrooms=&radius=1.0&sellersPriceGuide.x=0&sellersPriceGuide.y=0&sellersPriceGuide=compare+house+prices

£369,950

Woollacott Drive, Newton, SA3

4 bedroom detached house

Last available sold price: £210,000 16 Apr 2009

Have a look at this house that just came on the market on RM today - it should be at the top of this link.

I noticed it had come onto RM earlier and later, when I did a comparission report via the link in West Cross, it popped up again.

It is now on with an asking price of £369,950 - according to RM it last sold in April of LAST YEAR for £210,000!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-value.html?searchLocation=SA3+5PX&displayPropertyType=&bedrooms=&radius=1.0&sellersPriceGuide.x=0&sellersPriceGuide.y=0&sellersPriceGuide=compare+house+prices

£369,950

4 bedroom detached house

I have posted many times about similar things in Southport, hardly any houses for sale in Southport are cheaper than 2007 prices and most carry a hefty premium on top of 2007 prices. EA's are on a different planet when it comes to valuations. Having said this hardly any houses over £250K are selling so its a waiting game.

Friends of mine recently bought a house about a mile from there, completely gutted and modernised, for almost 8K less than the builder paid for it.

I thik I will wait for something like my friends paid for and the price they paid.

£369,950

4 bedroom detached house

As an example of the sort of crass stupidity we continue to face listen to this one.

I've seen something I like down west that's on for 420K. I contacted one of the agents (multiple) and said I'd go to 350K and with nothing to sell , I can proceed immediately.

Agent put to client and this is the response:

" I have spoken to client who says he's received an offer of 410K from another agent , but they are unable to proceed because they have a property to sell first, so the lowest he will consider is 410K".

I've tried to keep my response civil but it's a real effort in the face of such provocation!

As an example of the sort of crass stupidity we continue to face listen to this one.

I've seen something I like down west that's on for 420K. I contacted one of the agents (multiple) and said I'd go to 350K and with nothing to sell , I can proceed immediately.

Agent put to client and this is the response:

" I have spoken to client who says he's received an offer of 410K from another agent , but they are unable to proceed because they have a property to sell first, so the lowest he will consider is 410K".

I've tried to keep my response civil but it's a real effort in the face of such provocation!

When it gets to 350K asking price I hope you offer less :lol:

When it gets to 350K asking price I hope you offer less :lol:

Bit like women ; once I'm turned down I quickly lose interest and move on to new pastures.It's all about the chase isn't it and making proposals you hope will be accepted.

If I happen to get one of my cheeky (planning to get cheekier)offers accepted I'll be dumbfounded.

Bit like women ; once I'm turned down I quickly lose interest and move on to new pastures.It's all about the chase isn't it and making proposals you hope will be accepted.

If I happen to get one of my cheeky (planning to get cheekier)offers accepted I'll be dumbfounded.

I still think we are at least 6 months away - we need to see the public sector cuts down here first.

I still think we are at least 6 months away - we need to see the public sector cuts down here first.

I was looking at a house in mount pleasant on land registry, its on now for 129,500 sold in 2006 for 129,000, and before then sold in 2003 for 100k! Estate agent mentioned that the loft had been done etc but no price change in 4 years is a bit strange!

£369,950

4 bedroom detached house

The RM ad says "Fully refurbished and greatly extended" .

The increase in price could be due to the planning application 2009/0907 registered 23-06-2009 for Single storey rear extension, first floor side extension, front canopy and replacement front porch (amendment to planning permission 2009/0683 granted on 23rd June 2009)

Search for 30, Woollacott Drive, Newton, Swansea, SA3 4RR here:

http://www.swansea.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=4681

Google street view even shows it being built .

In 2000 my office was based in St.James's Gardens in the Uplands. Lease came up and landlord wanted major increase so we moved to cheaper place with better facilities. Landlord proceeded to sell St.James and it went for less than 100K(brick built, 4 storey over basement).

If you know the properties to the left and right of the park they are identical(interiors aside). Dawsons have a property for sale not far from my old place and on the same side of the park, they want 410K for it..............

I am seeing lots that went SSTC in June/July now coming back on the market in Swansea.

Tremendous satisfaction because, in each case, I told the respective EAs that the houses were over-priced and that no bank would give a mortgage for that price... and was duely assured that the buyers were always cash buyers... but 2 or 3 months go buy and then they turn up back on the market.