House Price Crash Forum
Pent Up

Rightmoves Updated Price Comparison Report Thingy

Rightmove have updated their price comparison report: http://www.rightmove...ouse-value.html

It now gives you a pretty little graph of properties listed as such:

rmpc.png

Interesting to see the increase of listings over the last few months. Also tells you how many buyers are registered for updates in that postcode.

I think it's showing that what's on the market at the moment isn't selling. the new to market trend is not rising so the overall total is increasing because stuff is hanging around.

Yes, finally RM is gradually entering the 21st century.

Still prefer the american ones where you can specify city view/mountain view/lake view/forest view/golf view/ocean view/swiming pool/foreclosure/hot-tub/3 car garage/sq footage/air conditioning and about a zillion other combinations.

The new to market bar certainly doesn't back up the idea that ever increasing numbers are rushing to sell. Instead, Fool's Gold is right about stuff hanging around. Wonder why that might be :rolleyes:

Don't forget this is only for the CM2 postcode.

It does prove that HIPS removal had very little effect and, as said its properties not selling rather than a surge of new listings adding to the stock.

<br /b>Don't forget this is only for the CM2</b> postcode.

It does prove that HIPS removal had very little effect and, as said its properties not selling rather than a surge of new listings adding to the stock.

Ahh fair point! didn't realise this. Must look at an area I'm interested in then :)

Still prefer the american ones where you can specify city view/mountain view/lake view/forest view/golf view/ocean view/swiming pool/foreclosure/hot-tub/3 car garage/sq footage/air conditioning and about a zillion other combinations.

That's because 95% of properties in the UK have no city/mountain/lake/forest/golf/ocean/pool/hot-tub/3 car garage/air conditioning or much else.

UK House - a small house in a road of similar houses - possibly with a re-fitted kitchen made primarily from MDF. High spots are off street parking, own garage, conservatories, non-overlooked gardens and how far the house is from schools or shops.

Thanks OP - that's really cool. In area I'm looking to buy 77 properties on market in July '09, July '10 = 315!!!  B)

Noticeable increase in new properties coming on from March this year running at around x4 on average since April compared to 2008-2009. 

That's because 95% of properties in the UK have no city/mountain/lake/forest/golf/ocean/pool/hot-tub/3 car garage/air conditioning or much else.

UK House - a small house in a road of similar houses - possibly with a re-fitted kitchen made primarily from MDF. High spots are off street parking, own garage, conservatories, non-overlooked gardens and how far the house is from schools or shops.

LOL

Exactly. Options to select a house that doesn't have noisy neighbours, dog dirt on the front path, kids hanging around the corners, overgrown hedges and lack of parking wouldn't quite compare. In fact it might point out just how stupid we are living here and paying incredible prices when only one house fits the fundamentals and its five times your salary.

ROFLMAO!!

Honestly, this shows how screwed the market is ...

For April in my area ...

• 149 Properties on the Market
  • 57 new properties to market
  • 7 sold

That's almost 2 years supply of houses on the market!

Holy crap, I just did the area in the next post code, it's much worse ....

• 305 Properties on the Market
  • 82 new properties to market
  • 12 sold

This is pure gold!

The new to market bar certainly doesn't back up the idea that ever increasing numbers are rushing to sell. Instead, Fool's Gold is right about stuff hanging around. Wonder why that might be :rolleyes:

The new to market figure is fairly steady and will join the line of unsold property after the qualifying period. So it does indeed show much more is still for sale, still piling up and remaining so. Not many sales around here and I have noticed some coming back again after 'sale agreed' boards have been replaced again with 'for sale'.

Thanks for this - shows a house that just came onto RM today for asking price of £369,950 - according to RM it last sold in April of LAST YEAR for £210,000!

Right at the top of this link:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-value.html?searchLocation=SA3+5PX&displayPropertyType=&bedrooms=&radius=1.0&sellersPriceGuide.x=0&sellersPriceGuide.y=0&sellersPriceGuide=compare+house+prices

Have you tried Globrix? Far superior search options. Shame that not all agents list on it otherwise it would be my first choice.

Thanks for this - shows a house that just came onto RM today for asking price of £369,950 - according to RM it last sold in April of LAST YEAR for £210,000!

Right at the top of this link:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-value.html?searchLocation=SA3+5PX&displayPropertyType=&bedrooms=&radius=1.0&sellersPriceGuide.x=0&sellersPriceGuide.y=0&sellersPriceGuide=compare+house+prices

Newton always thought itself a little bit posh though didnt it? B)

Loving this new tool.

In an area we are looking at the number of properties on the market has risen from 230 to 370.

What really amazed me though was the 'No Longer on the market' section and this is showing a steady decrease in Asking Prices. We have been to see a property recently on at £145,000 and property Bee tells me it was originally on at £156,000.

The 'No Longer on the Market' section on Rightmove shows the same property was on the market until August 2008, priced at £185,000.

I know they HAVE to sell (EA put her foot in it), so I may be putting in an offer, but it will be nearer 100k than 150k.

With regards to National Stock levels. This is from the Rightmove August 2010 report:

Available stock per agent rises for sixth consecutive month; the highest August for fresh property

for three years — 29,220 a week compared with 20,675 last year (+41.3%)

Also some great graphs on 'Time on Market' and 'Number of properties per estate agent'.. All of which point to a lot more supply all of a sudden.

You'd think that with all this 'pent up demand' around that properties would be flying off the shelves :lol:

With regards to National Stock levels. This is from the Rightmove August 2010 report:

Also some great graphs on 'Time on Market' and 'Number of properties per estate agent'.. All of which point to a lot more supply all of a sudden.

You'd think that with all this 'pent up demand' around that properties would be flying off the shelves :lol:

Not when there's twice as much 'pent up supply'

By the way what the hell happened in March in SA3? Massive surge in new properties :o

Shocked me also. Fun though.

SA2 and SA3 have what I can only describe as a vast number of properties for sale. IMPO most are beyond the price range of local people and will be even more so once the public sector cuts begin.

Thank goodness that vast numbers of people from London will be buying up second homes in Swansea - not! :lol::lol::lol:

Edit:

Spring was coming.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

similar trends in M20 where I used to live and in SK4 where we are now ... VERY interesing results!

Rightmove have updated their price comparison report: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-value.html

Look at October 2009. You seem to have the same phenomenon as we do:

September 2009: 143 total properties on the market

October 2009: 217 total properties on the market, of which 47 are new

A rise bigger than the total number of new properties! Evidently what they tell us isn't the whole story :unsure:

Look at October 2009. You seem to have the same phenomenon as we do:

September 2009: 143 total properties on the market

October 2009: 217 total properties on the market, of which 47 are new

A rise bigger than the total number of new properties! Evidently what they tell us isn't the whole story :unsure:

Maybe it doesn't include SSTC and the extra are houses going back to available as sales fall

Through?