House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Spart

Ferraris On Fire

Fire-raris more like :huh:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/11071047

Insurance jobs, perchance? :lol:

Nah, it's just the new "built-in obsolescence" feature.

After all, a Ferrari will never wear out - most only come out of the garage once or twice a year.

So Ferrari needed another way to ensure that 10-year-old Ferraris are not competing against this year's new model B)

I was wondering whether it might have anything to do with the use of carbon fibre and magnesium alloys both of which are combustable.

I was wondering whether it might have anything to do with the use of carbon fibre and magnesium alloys both of which are combustable.

In my old place there was a guy across the road who owned a Ferrari. One day he got his drive redone which sloped down to his gate. Just by chance I was passing on what must have been his first time getting it out the garage. The workmen had, I think, subtly increased the angle of the slope. He made it to the road in a shower of sparks... Had to have his drive done again. Expensive thing to own a Ferrari.

In my old place there was a guy across the road who owned a Ferrari. One day he got his drive redone which sloped down to his gate. Just by chance I was passing on what must have been his first time getting it out the garage. The workmen had, I think, subtly increased the angle of the slope. He made it to the road in a shower of sparks... Had to have his drive done again. Expensive thing to own a Ferrari.

Damn, I best cancel the order then. :lol:

Nah, it's just the new "built-in obsolescence" feature.

After all, a Ferrari will never wear out - most only come out of the garage once or twice a year.

So Ferrari needed another way to ensure that 10-year-old Ferraris are not competing against this year's new model B)

To be honest, I think that fact that Ferrari's are often hardly ever driven is a god send to the factory. One of the worst things you can do to a car is not drive it. Things seize, perish and generally go tits up if you don't use it.

Fire-raris more like :huh:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/11071047

Insurance jobs, perchance? :lol:

Note quite in the same league, but I had the same thing happen to an MG I was driving. Stopped the A34 southbound for quite some time. The blaze was impressive (fuel lines hadn't been connected properly so the car was basically one big oil lamp.) Unfortuantely, my camera was on the road side near the passenger door, and was too scared/sensible to go and get it to take some snaps.