House Price Crash Forum
Pent Up

House Prices Just 6.6% Below Peak Market Remains Strong Sez Assetz

http://www.ftadviser.com/FTAdviser/Mortgages/News/article/20100824/613d92ca-af73-11df-8d28-00144f2af8e8/House-prices-66-below-peak.jsp

The figure recorded in July is down slightly on the two-year high of £201,084 recorded in June, according to the data.
Assetz said that UK house prices remained stable in July. The annual average rate of growth pointed to continuing market stability, claimed Assetz, with the six-month rolling average at four per cent in July.
Assetz believes UK house prices have reached more sustainable levels, compared to the large fluctuations witnessed earlier this year.
Stuart Law, chief executive at Assetz, said UK house price growth continued to slow in July but prices remained strong despite the minor slip in month-on-month figures.
He said: "Average prices have climbed by over three per cent for the year to date.
"The government’s austerity measures are likely to hold down house price growth in 2011 but we are yet to see these cuts reflected in the monthly data.
"Continued low interest rates and a lack of supply will boost prices this year and for this reason, I still expect to see five per cent overall growth for 2010."

Stuart Law is looking more and more stupid by the day!

And here's why we can ignore anything this property ramping VI moron says:

"Stuart Law, CEO of Assetz Plc, is an experienced & active investor in property, whose views are often sought by the media."

Honestly 'Pent-Up' ! - I thought I cut & pasted a fair measure of cr*p from elsewhere onto here, but it's difficult to beat that! ;)

Once the downward trend established in 2008 (which was reversed in 2009 but which is now resuming again in 2010) becomes mainstream - once the annual HPI figures go negative - poor old Stewie hasn't got a business left.

You can't blame him for endlessly ramping.

It's irritating that the media give so much coverage to his musings. But, as we all know, they are all rampers too.

Once the downward trend established in 2008 (which was reversed in 2009 but which is now resuming again in 2010) becomes mainstream - once the annual HPI figures go negative - poor old Stewie hasn't got a business left.

You can't blame him for endlessly ramping.

It's irritating that the media give so much coverage to his musings. But, as we all know, they are all rampers too.

Actually there was only 5 articles on this according to google whereas yesterdays mortgage data had 55.

I think even the media realise he's a shit talking twit!

Hold on, even on this tw@ts index prices are still falling!

And the problem with this 'index' (I call it VI Spin) is that it bring nothing new, it must just use data from the other indexs like the FT index, unless they're selling 20000 homes a month to gullable investors!

Hold on, even on this tw@ts index prices are still falling!

And the problem with this 'index' (I call it VI Spin) is that it bring nothing new, it must just use data from the other indexs like the FT index, unless they're selling 20000 homes a month to gullable investors!

Yep and they are taking all the indicies measuring different things at different stages and of different months and adding up to give a pointless figure that means nothing.

It's fun to laugh it the crap he spouts though.

In June the Halifax index was 'taking a breather' and last month

It was 'back on track' :lol:

Can anyone tell me what VI stands for.

All I can think of is village idiot.

You're not far off (but I am sure plenty will be ready to enlighten you)! :lol:

I used to think that MEwing was something only kittens did.

(VI - Vested Interest).:

Edited by Reluctant Heretic

Traditionally its "Vested Interest"

But I like yours much better

http://www.ftadviser.com/FTAdviser/Mortgages/News/article/20100824/613d92ca-af73-11df-8d28-00144f2af8e8/House-prices-66-below-peak.jsp

The figure recorded in July is down slightly on the two-year high of £201,084 recorded in June, according to the data.
Assetz said that UK house prices remained stable in July. The annual average rate of growth pointed to continuing market stability, claimed Assetz, with the six-month rolling average at four per cent in July.
Assetz believes UK house prices have reached more sustainable levels, compared to the large fluctuations witnessed earlier this year.
Stuart Law, chief executive at Assetz, said UK house price growth continued to slow in July but prices remained strong despite the minor slip in month-on-month figures.
He said: "Average prices have climbed by over three per cent for the year to date.
"The governments austerity measures are likely to hold down house price growth in 2011 but we are yet to see these cuts reflected in the monthly data.
"Continued low interest rates and a lack of supply will boost prices this year and for this reason,
I still expect to see five per cent overall growth for 2010
."

Stuart Law is looking more and more stupid by the day!

And here's why we can ignore anything this property ramping VI moron says:

"Stuart Law, CEO of Assetz Plc, is an experienced & active investor in property, whose views are often sought by the media."

I still expect to see five percent overall growth in Stuart Law's bullsh1t output as he becomes increasingly more desperate...

Edited by NEO72

Oh...so Krusty is vested, rather than cupped?