House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Greaterfool.ca

just sent it to somone who thinks Canadian market is picking up :lol:

To be fair, there really isn't a 'Canadian market' any more than there's an 'EU market'; Vancouver, for example, has traditionally been driven by limited land near the coast and rich immigrants from Asia, whereas here we're largely driven by commodities. And in other parts of the country you can still buy a house for practically nothing because that's what the jobs pay there.

The video at the end of that piece was very telling. Construction really can be that bad in Canada. It brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "Model Home" !

OMG! :blink:

Take the time to watch the video on that page. The joists are 5mm particle board! And they want over 500k for the house. Unbelievable.

I think you will find those joists are very strong do to the two types of wood and glue etc, I am sure I heard that they are stronger than solid joists. They use them in the uk now also .

I think you will find those joists are very strong do to the two types of wood and glue etc, I am sure I heard that they are stronger than solid joists. They use them in the uk now also .

Strong, but not robust, diffcult / impossible to repair, when you build lifed building of 50 year span who gives a shit.

I was in Vancouver in 2004, back then housing seemed relatively cheap, for example a city centre apartment cost about £150k for a large 2 bedroom place, I think similar ones are nearly 2.5-3 times that.