House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tonkers

Jacked It In

So for the tenth time, I sit down for another meeting and he says: "I need a plan".

I again asked him what his product was.

He could not tell me.

Do not hire a marketing person if you do not have a product to sell, and, oh, saying that they should do some leafleting and that you are going to pay for some classified ads? Read the CV tosser.

Shame. What he wanted is for me to invite him out to lunch with my contacts. I told him it does not work like that, I am rented, not owned. My contacts will not speak to you!

/end

Good for you - sure sounded like a situation you needed to get out of. Good luck with whatever you do next.

It felt very good. I am now full tilt on running an effing record company again.

So for the tenth time, I sit down for another meeting and he says: "I need a plan".

He could not tell me.

Do not hire a marketing person if you do not have a product to sell, and, oh, saying that they should do some leafleting and that you are going to pay for some classified ads? Read the CV tosser.

Shame. What he wanted is for me to invite him out to lunch with my contacts. I told him it does not work like that, I am rented, not owned. My contacts will not speak to you!

/end

Hell bells tonks you don't half find some awful jobs.

But as a marketer surely you asked what you would be selling.

No?

Hell bells tonks you don't half find some awful jobs.

But as a marketer surely you asked what you would be selling.

No?

Repeatedly. I am now learning that it should not take a month to work out a waste of time.

Sorry to be thick, but...What happened?

BTW Sorry your out of work (i think).

Mike

I walked out of a bad job. No sorry to be had. I am on the wire now, but necessity is the mother of invention.

He could not tell me.

/end

As a new member I'm probably not qualified to say but I don't think that you were a freelancer. It looks more like a commissioned based salesperson.

If you freelance, you have more than one client. I'm a one man band but try to have assignments from between 7 and 12 clients going at any one time. That keeps the cash flowing and mitigates the loss of a single client if things go wrong.

2p please.

p-o-p