House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
xux42

Us Home Sales Plunge

"Existing US home sales plunged 27.2 percent in July from a month earlier to a 11-year low"

Holy crash Batman

"The plunge was more than double the 12.1 percent expected by most economists"

nuff said really..

...11 year low ...1999...that means it's back to near normal if there is such a thing...it was before the funny money came on the scene...and let's face it.... in a recession and in a land of surplus housing what would you expect....?....a further drop...?... probably....... :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to such headlines in the UK.

I remember when I first bought a house in 1997, I was bricking it for 3 years wondering how much i was going to loose on it !!!

Tax giveaways have persuaded a bunch of buyers into the market and now they themselves are high and dry and sales falling as a result of a return to normality - that housing is still way overpriced for a functional economy in the US.