House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
getdoon_weebobby

The Creator Of The Hindenburg Omen Is Dumping All Of His Stocks!

From Forbes:

And he’s out. The blind mathematician behind the Hindenburg Omen (you remember, that’s the technical indicator that tells us a stock market crash is nigh) tells the Wall Street Journal he’s gotten out of stocks a little more than a week before September, when this crash is supposed to happen.

Jim Miekka, who developed the indicator more than a decade ago, says...

http://blogs.forbes.com/lizmoyer/2010/08/23/hindenburg-omen-prompts-exit-from-stocks/?partner=dailycrux

Edited by getdoon_weebobby

trust me to come here first....like a dropped toast lands butter side down...every time.

I have two share accounts with Hargreaves Lansdown , one where i keep the shares for keeps and one which i hold my frequently traded shares.

i'm now 100% cash in them both , even ASOS and Admiral which i have owned for years have gone. I'm in a position i have never been in before and that is one of wanting the market to crash. Sod the yield i feel its time to preserve a bit of capital.

Oh no :o

Although it could be exactly the wrong time to get out. Doug Kass, who's made some great short-term market timing calls, reckons it's time to re-risk:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/38790512

The ECRI leading economic indicator is bottoming. M4 decline in the US has bottomed out at -10% YoY and is now slightly less than -10% YoY.

Back to 1220 on the S&P 500 - go on... one last time :D

Edited by AvidFan

Ah we've had a good stock market run, taking some profits here and then to look to reinvest in the new year would be a safe bet.

trust me to come here first....like a dropped toast lands butter side down...every time.

No.

You just will keep buttering the wrong side.

I reckon now could be the time to be fully invested or fully in cash. A cloud went past a while ago that looked a bit like an arrow pointing down, on the other hand I'm sure I saw the word 'Buy' in my porage oats when I poured them into the water this morning.

What's the difference between someone who thinks they are going to live forever and someone who thinks they can predict the stock market?

I think the Jehovah's witnesses who regularly visit me talk more sense than stock market pundits.

I have two share accounts with Hargreaves Lansdown , one where i keep the shares for keeps and one which i hold my frequently traded shares.

i'm now 100% cash in them both , even ASOS and Admiral which i have owned for years have gone. I'm in a position i have never been in before and that is one of wanting the market to crash. Sod the yield i feel its time to preserve a bit of capital.

+1

+1

Just flogged my grands worth of Centrica shares.

At a £15 loss. I only bought them as HL insist on a min £3k initial investment in their ISA.

Im not even looking at BPs price. That'll teach me to be a greedy, unethical ******wit wont it readers.....

Im just sticking to guitars in future.

Conversely, had i bought some nice shiny QE2 sovs from Baird the same day, id be about £160 quid up now.

Its all pissing in the wind anyhow. Got my eye on a repo, repod today in fact, so maybe its time to stump up, check out and quit worrying about ******ing money for a change.

Just flogged my grands worth of Centrica shares.

At a £15 loss. I only bought them as HL insist on a min £3k initial investment in their ISA.

Im not even looking at BPs price. That'll teach me to be a greedy, unethical ******wit wont it readers.....

Im just sticking to guitars in future.

Conversely, had i bought some nice shiny QE2 sovs from Baird the same day, id be about £160 quid up now.

Its all pissing in the wind anyhow. Got my eye on a repo, repod today in fact, so maybe its time to stump up, check out and quit worrying about ******ing money for a change.

If it's any consolation, I think it's all downhill from here - or at least - from 2011. We may get a nice surprise from Q3 numbers and the markets pick back up again - who knows.

House prices, stock markets, commodities - all down now(ish) - or maybe one last bounce into October - until 2012 at the earliest.

If it's any consolation, I think it's all downhill from here - or at least - from 2011. We may get a nice surprise from Q3 numbers and the markets pick back up again - who knows.

House prices, stock markets, commodities - all down now(ish) - or maybe one last bounce into October - until 2012 at the earliest.

It was that flash crash that did it for me. Nothing seems the same since.

What's the difference between someone who thinks they are going to live forever and someone who thinks they can predict the stock market?

The person who thinks they are going to live forever is 100% right so far...?

Difficult isnt it. I have the same two accounts, but cant decide whether to offload now at a small loss , or hang on to them and offset any losses against a large CGT gain i will have along the line. Majority are in foreign stuff and so called things to beat the recession stuff.

From Forbes:

And he’s out. The blind mathematician behind the Hindenburg Omen (you remember, that’s the technical indicator that tells us a stock market crash is nigh) tells the Wall Street Journal he’s gotten out of stocks a little more than a week before September, when this crash is supposed to happen.

Jim Miekka, who developed the indicator more than a decade ago, says...

http://blogs.forbes.com/lizmoyer/2010/08/23/hindenburg-omen-prompts-exit-from-stocks/?partner=dailycrux

He uses the same tea leaves as me. They are just so much cheaper than advice and just as correct.

Me thinks a big chill more than 50% likely this autumn and the tea leaves erred on the side of cash since June.

He uses the same tea leaves as me. They are just so much cheaper than advice and just as correct.

Me thinks a big chill more than 50% likely this autumn and the tea leaves erred on the side of cash since June.

50% fall in the DOW/S&P?

Will someone please declare the patient dead! The cardio/heart massage ain't working anymore.

Edited by Sir John Steed