HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Gold gets killed JUST before its EX date which is the 26th

Mike

Silly question. What is the EX date? I've heard some talk about options expiring and whatnot, would you mind explaining in plain English what all that is please? And why gold would be getting killed just before it. I'd me most grateful.

HOLA449

By tanking I thought you meant a good 2.5% down not a measly 1.5%

It's just the usual double dip fear, slowing economies rubbish we already knew according to doomberg.

Aug. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Stocks dropped for a fourth day, U.S. futures slipped and commodities fell while the yen strengthened to a 15-year high against the dollar on concern the economic recovery is dissipating. Government bonds rallied.
The Stoxx Europe 600 Index declined 1.8 percent at 8:25 a.m. in New York, while Japan’s Nikkei 225 Stock Average entered a bear market. Standard & Poor’s 500 Index futures sank 1.3 percent. The yen appreciated as much as 1.2 percent to 84.16 per dollar, prompting Prime Minister Naoto Kan to decry “steep currency moves.” German 10-year bonds jumped, widening the yield difference with Irish debt to within nine basis points of its euro-era record. Oil sank below $72 a barrel.
Stocks, U.S. Futures, Oil Fall on Economy; Yen, Bonds Rally
Sales of existing U.S. homes probably tumbled in July to the lowest level since March 2009, according to a Bloomberg survey. CRH Plc, the world’s second-largest maker of building materials, forecast lower earnings, citing concern about the U.S. outlook. Slower Asian economic growth will have a “serious negative impact,” Olli Rehn, the European Union’s economic chief, said yesterday in a Bloomberg Television interview.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Sales of previously owned U.S. homes took a record drop in July to their lowest pace in 15 years, suggesting further loss of momentum in the economic recovery

yes, all that demand got brought forward with the 8k USD tax credit, and now that's over

i've worn holes in the side of my head taking my 'Dow 10000' hat on and off.. can i have a bailout?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Sales of previously owned U.S. homes took a record drop in July to their lowest pace in 15 years, suggesting further loss of momentum in the economic recovery

every month looks worse than the last but some still talk of recovery!

unemployment (unofficial) now well over 22%!!! & going up as every day passes,

empire crumbles before our very eyes...

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Interesting, Morgan Stanley are front running the Fedsters

And they've been bang on the money every time (apart from last Thursday when for some reason the injection didn't have the desired effect - figures though as I went long for the first time ever that day)

HOLA4425