House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Recovery In City's Housing Market Is Stalling Say Experts

BleedinBurger has well deserves a tumble - I mean its an ok place, but 2 things

1 - Its not London even though it wants to be - its just posh Jockland

2 - Its the heart of failedbankland along with Newcastle

Having lived in both places, "not being london" is a definite plus

Still, don't let on to the 20 million people trying to squeeze themselves into some of the world's most expensive land around the UK's capital (AND THEN MOANING ABOUT THE HOUSE PRICES), forming a black hole level density of overcrowding and aching misery in the process, 'cos it keeps everywhere else cheaper n nicer

Having lived in both places, "not being london" is a definite plus

Still, don't let on to the 20 million people trying to squeeze themselves into some of the world's most expensive land around the UK's capital (AND THEN MOANING ABOUT THE HOUSE PRICES), forming a black hole level density of overcrowding and aching misery in the process, 'cos it keeps everywhere else cheaper n nicer

Well at least the *rest of the country* is quiet. Moving to West Yorkshire, parts of it now resemble rural France, rather than the industrial powerhouse it once was. Not good if your business relies on footfall though I guess.

Edited by Sir John Steed

EA's really need to get a grip of the situation, there is simply not the same volume of money going around the system and Edinburgh prices were always over inflated IMHO.

Why do you think Northern Crock's "together" mortgage was so popular in the Edinburgh area?... Because the punteros borrowed the full 125% or thereabouts (there were limits of £30,000 unsecured debt if I remeber correctly) and used it to ramp prices even higher!

Hence Edinburgh pwoperdee prices SOARED!

topliner

...VIs can say anything with figures.... :rolleyes:

Neil Harrison, marketing manager at ESPC, said his firm had been "surprised" by the double-digit growth nationally.

"Our figures are based on monthly reports. May showed an 11.8 per cent increase, June a 6.5 per cent increase and July an 11.1 per cent increase in house prices. These figures are skewed because more large family homes were selling and inflating the average price. We expect by December the price rise will have stayed the same over the course of 2010.

I can't comment on the scotsman from this computer but note comment 2

The 'English' Tories are firmly getting the blame from a certain minority (majority?) here in Scotland - this is exactly the kind of attitude some of my collegues at work have - the cuts are the fault of the Tories and nothing of course to do with the economic incompetance of the last lot.

I can't comment on the scotsman from this computer but note comment 2

The 'English' Tories are firmly getting the blame from a certain minority (majority?) here in Scotland - this is exactly the kind of attitude some of my collegues at work have - the cuts are the fault of the Tories and nothing of course to do with the economic incompetance of the last lot.

....people can never take responsibility for their own....tell them it was Fred the Shred and Gordo the Broon who caused it...and to get real..... :rolleyes: