House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
88Crash

Off Topic Forum

As an observation, the off topic forum is being used a lot more, than a few months back

If a topic, such as the one that seemed to upset DrBubb was moved off topic a bit sooner than theres no poblem

You go there by choice - nobody forces you

If you don't like the opinions/topics - don't click

Only thing - I think some members need to be a bit more responsible - can't keep on waiting for the webmaster to move it - we are not children

If a couple of people are moving off topic (normally starts with two) then one needs to set a new topic in the 'off forum' and post the link into the main forum where it started

i.e. somebody says "I think all estate agents are Nazi's"

somebody agress - somebody else gets offended - the topic starter points out that this has nothing to do with the original thread and the 'Nazi posters' are hijacking the thread - somebody now posts about muslim hijackers - and everybody is wasting their time

IF ON THE OTHER HAND

One person had added "to discuss Nazi estate agents - go to XXXX link to discuss off topic forum"

No problem, everybody can continue,with the right discussion in the right place

Edited by 88Crash

As an observation, the off topic forum is being used a lot more, than a few months back

If a topic, such as the one that seemed to upset DrBubb was moved off topic a bit sooner than theres no poblem

You go there by choice - nobody forces you

If you don't like the opinions/topics - don't click

Only thing - I think some members need to be a bit more responsible - can't keep on waiting for the webmaster to move it - we are not children

If a couple of people are moving off topic (normally starts with two) then one needs to set a new topic in the 'off forum' and post the link into the main forum where it started

i.e. somebody says "I think all estate agents are Nazi's"

somebody agress - somebody else gets offended - the topic starter points out that this has nothing to do with the original thread and the 'Nazi posters' are hijacking the thread - somebody now posts about muslim hijackers - and everybody is wasting their time

IF ON THE OTHER HAND

One person had added "to discuss Nazi estate agents - go to XXXX link to discuss off topic forum"

No problem, everybody can continue,with the right discussion in the right place

sensibly put, 88. lets keep the main board for discussions on house prices !

sensibly put, 88. lets keep the main board for discussions on house prices !

Dead right. Keep the main board for house price issues.

Perhaps if theres a big demand to discuss political issues not directly related to the housing market then a new board specifically for political debate could be set up rather than consign these threads to the off-topic forum which is a mish-mash for all sorts including Bill Gates weird offerings.

What this forum needs is a "view all recent posts" page so that one can keep track of what's going on without having to swap constantly between forums. Otherwise people just don't see anyting that's not in the main discussion and that's why so much gets put there in the first place even though it really ought to be somewhere else. Let's face it, most just won't see it elsewhere.

Something like this forum http://www.aussiestockforums.com/ would work well. Lots of different forums including off topic but all visible as one for the recent posts.