House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yoss

Is It Time For Hpc To Start A "think Tank"

Reading the press there seems to be many of these "Think Tanks" that keep telling people how life should be lived.

Given the strong opinions of many posters on this website and the different political views, could we not start our own "Think Tank"? ..Arf

Reading the press there seems to be many of these "Think Tanks" that keep telling people how life should be lived.

Given the strong opinions of many posters on this website and the different political views, could we not start our own "Think Tank"? ..Arf

Not sure it's a good idea, Yoss. Most so-called think tanks are indulging in mental m@sturbation.

Not sure it's a good idea, Yoss. Most so-called think tanks are indulging in mental m@sturbation.

Can you get public funding for that? according to "Daily Mail"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1303273/Councils-pay-disabled-visit-prostitutes-lap-dancing-clubs.html

ROFLMAO...Yeah it's DM trash...

But it's gotta be worth trying to take all the doom/gloomers away from posting on HPC for a weekend, to go on a bender in in Holland with subsidised hookers? LOL....Wait that would be ...

mental m@sturbation. OMG that makes us a "Think Tank"

Would I get a company car and 7 of the taxpayers' doubloons?

Fantastic idea.

If we can compose a report into the status of the housing, but under a different banner as HPC is an obvious vested interest!

"The department/insitute for afford housing/public welfare" ??

Isn't HPC already sort a of think tank -

more of an anti-thinktank actually.

thinktanks tend to tow party lines.

A thinktank over ten years old may be furred up or gone rusty, and leaking.

I can't wait to wake up with to Ms Reid saying, 'The influential HPCer thinktank has called this morning to ban...[insert as applicable]' followed by somebody discussing the final solution to the Estate Agent question in the West.

It's usually some fecking lame public/third sector rent-a-gob loser asking for a taxpayer handout or some weeping soccer mum who can't handle the daily grind of her thousand pounds a month child tax credit being reduced by twenty pence.

Fantastic idea.

If we can compose a report into the status of the housing, but under a different banner as HPC is an obvious vested interest!

"The department/insitute for afford housing/public welfare" ??

I have considered composing report for the amount of 'Empty Dwellings" in my area , aka council tax free, not finished for a long time.

Would also love to get access to benefit and tax records to cross check the Income vs social housing costs + DVLA records xref'd Auto Trader details + Holiday Details + Sky Sub details,

I could cross ref all said DB's in minutes and start a new government benefit/tax fraud department.... Give me the data models and 30 minutes and I would save the tax payer a bloody fortune.