House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Living In A Tent

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/8339364.Mum___s_struggle_to_find_a_place_to_live/

A MUM-of-three claims her family will be forced to sleep in a tent when their home is repossessed.

Teresa Ledbury, who has three daughters aged eight, 12 and 18, has a tent outside their soon-to-be repossessed house in Wharfedale Crescent, Droitwich.

Mrs Ledbury failed to keep up her mortgage payments after the building company she ran with her former husband closed down, leaving her without an income.

So has she not applied for the mortgage relief?

she'll be a high priority with the local council Id have thought.

'Former husband' - at least she's playing the sytem right. Good for her.

'Former husband' - at least she's playing the sytem right. Good for her.

I'm wondering if she's doing all this as a stunt to get her ex to pay her money - bad man, not providing for his kids etc?

The one on the right is a girl! ohmy.gif.

I bet she and her hubby have been living it up for years foreign holidays, flash cars etc. etc.

Bet they never realised all that time that they were in fact feckless losers that just happened to be riding a huge bubble.

As an aside I know bucket loads of people who work in construction / real estate have big mortgages and buy toilets as well.

They seem to have no comprehension of how bad it is to have all their eggs in one basket. They simply cannot see any other form of business besides the real estate market its sad really but when they go down its going to be an almighty crash.

Surely its a boy on the right!!

Liza Handley, Wychavon’s principal housing officer, said the council had offered Mrs Ledbury advice and support. “We also offered her temporary accommodation (bed and breakfast) in Worcester until something became available in Droitwich and found a private let in Droitwich, but she turned both down,” she said.

Common sense journalism says it would be a good idea to run that one past the mum of three and ask her why this was.

Surely its a boy on the right!!

Who would name a girl "Ashton"? I wouldn't be surprised if we see this mother next asking for the state to pay for gender realignment surgery for her little darling... heffer

Edited at prompt of GAW...

Edited by pyracantha

It does look a very nice tent though.Also exactly the situation I would be in if I didn't pay my rent, only with no help from the Council.Glad to see little sympathy in the comments

No , if you sell it you have made yourself intentionaly homeless and the council will not help you , so you have to sit it out and wait for the repo man.

But don't you make yourself intentionally homeless if you don't pay your mortgage/rent? Though I am sure there are extenuating circumstances such as redundancy, marriage break up and so on.

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/8339364.Mum___s_struggle_to_find_a_place_to_live/

A MUM-of-three claims her family will be forced to sleep in a tent when their home is repossessed.

Teresa Ledbury, who has three daughters aged eight, 12 and 18, has a tent outside their soon-to-be repossessed house in Wharfedale Crescent, Droitwich.

Mrs Ledbury failed to keep up her mortgage payments after the building company she ran with her former husband closed down, leaving her without an income.

So has she not applied for the mortgage relief?

what sort of tent?

I just spent a week in devon in a proactive nevada 8 man, it wasn't very wterproof, tell her not to get one of those, lmao

what sort of tent?

I just spent a week in devon in a proactive nevada 8 man, it wasn't very wterproof, tell her not to get one of those, lmao

I have a Khyam Ridgidome Compact (with quick erect system) which has served me well for several years and survived some frightening weather.

Unfortunately owning a Khyam is a bit like owning a BMW. Once you've put it up, all the other Khyam owners wander over to talk to you about your Khyam tent and their Khyam tent. Meanwhile everyone else on the field thinks you're a b@st@rd.

:(

Edit - typo

Edited by Horridbloke

We spent a week in an Alpine Hiker Biker Mark I. Bought it for $25 as it was on sale. The poles started cracking after the second night. There is no fly sheet so whenever it rained the water soaked through. I had to rig my poncho up above the tent for water protection. There is also no resistance to wind, so during a typical American thunderstorm we had to pack up in the middle of the night and run to a motel instead.

I guess it's the equivalent of an old banger (but new and on sale).

Apparently the Mark II has a fly sheet.

It looks like the tent's in the property's garden. Won't she have to move it after the repo? :ph34r:

Suspect it was placed there for dramatic effect by the newspaper. She probably doesn't even own a tent!

Where will she pitch the tent when the house is repo'd? Might as well squat in the living room.

But I guess the house will fetch a good price super quick - the article says there's a huge shortgage of accomodation in the area - BTLers will be queuing up for the benefit income. Unless their drug suppliers say NO.

Is this town chav-central? The particular repo might be one to monitor on property bee as a gauge of the ******** that appears in the local press and the accomodation guff from local authorities.

Where will she pitch the tent when the house is repo'd? Might as well squat in the living room.

But I guess the house will fetch a good price super quick - the article says there's a huge shortgage of accomodation in the area - BTLers will be queuing up for the benefit income. Unless their drug suppliers say NO.

Is this town chav-central? The particular repo might be one to monitor on property bee as a gauge of the ******** that appears in the local press and the accomodation guff from local authorities.

Droitwich is quite a pleasant small town. (There's even a Waitrose.)

There's a dodgy bit called Westlands but fortunately that's the other side of the bypass so most of the worst scuzz are contained. Interestingly there are a few private houses near the estate that sell for about 20% less than ones on the other side of the bypass.

There is a shortage of 3/4 bed houses to rent but there certainly isn't a shortage of houses for sale. Like most of the country there is a glut of properties for sale.

Droitwich is quite a pleasant small town. (There's even a Waitrose.)

There's a dodgy bit called Westlands but fortunately that's the other side of the bypass so most of the worst scuzz are contained. Interestingly there are a few private houses near the estate that sell for about 20% less than ones on the other side of the bypass.

There is a shortage of 3/4 bed houses to rent but there certainly isn't a shortage of houses for sale. Like most of the country there is a glut of properties for sale.

Used to live in Droitwich briefly when I worked in Malvern. Lived near the station about ten years ago. Not a bad little town and handy for Birmingham too. But boy, what an expensive neck of the woods for property! I remember turning down a small (new buildish) flat for about £40k and being quite depressed at how little you got for your money there.

Used to live in Droitwich briefly when I worked in Malvern. Lived near the station about ten years ago. Not a bad little town and handy for Birmingham too. But boy, what an expensive neck of the woods for property! I remember turning down a small (new buildish) flat for about £40k and being quite depressed at how little you got for your money there.

Droitwich is alot cheaper than lots of Birmingham and especially Bromsgrove... IMHO this is a simple case of making a point because she wants to be given a council house. My question would be is this the first time she had a council house....