House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ermanno

Conveyancing

Hello,

I am in the process of buying a property in Cambridge, I still haven't hired a solicitor/conveyancer and was wondering if somebody here has any advice/experience/names to share.

Cheers

Hello,

I am in the process of buying a property in Cambridge, I still haven't hired a solicitor/conveyancer and was wondering if somebody here has any advice/experience/names to share.

Cheers

What a coincidence - I completed on the sale of my flat today! :D

Sorry, I'm in Norwich so can't really recommend any Cambridge based ones. Good luck though. :)

Multiple friends recommended Mark Marssucco of Marssucco Buttress. I can only say he was wonderful throughout a 9 month saga of Vendor-from-Hell and didn't take any crap from their halfwit solicitor. He asked me to come in and talk to him at various points in the process, and explained absolutely everything clearly and simply including how to mitigate potential chancel charges, how to sort out a mess of title deeds and how to negotiate very hard with a completely unreasonable vendor who seemed to think I had a personal money tree in my back garden. A few months after it had all finished he sent me, unprompted a £100 refund on his charges as his accounts showed he had unknowingly overcharged me. He operates on a fixed fee, no sale no fee (bar cost of searches) basis. Can't speak highly enough of the guy.

Edited by Uitlander

bump!

does anyone have any further suggestions since August? I may need to make some calls myself soon, so if anyone is able to add any firms that they recommend to the list in this thread then that would be appreciated :)

Multiple friends recommended Mark Marssucco of Marssucco Buttress. I can only say he was wonderful throughout a 9 month saga of Vendor-from-Hell and didn't take any crap from their halfwit solicitor. He asked me to come in and talk to him at various points in the process, and explained absolutely everything clearly and simply including how to mitigate potential chancel charges, how to sort out a mess of title deeds and how to negotiate very hard with a completely unreasonable vendor who seemed to think I had a personal money tree in my back garden. A few months after it had all finished he sent me, unprompted a £100 refund on his charges as his accounts showed he had unknowingly overcharged me. He operates on a fixed fee, no sale no fee (bar cost of searches) basis. Can't speak highly enough of the guy.

Second Massucco Buttress. We are using them for our purchase and to date they have been excellent.

We used John Lees who handled our conveyancing when we bough in summer of 2001 and again when we sold end of 2008. He was then a partner in Lorimer Longhurst & Lees but now heads up the residential property side in TEES (www.teeslaw.co.uk). Very happy with his competence.