House Price Crash Forum
Being_Patient

Cahoot "service Suspended"

After Barclays yesterday (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11051440) today it seems to be Cahoot's turn to be suffering from a "glitch". If you go to www.cahoot.com and click "Login" all you get is "service is suspended We are currently updating our systems. This takes approximately 5 minutes. Please wait until the cahoot service is resumed. Thanks for your patience". This at 23.25 this evening, and its been going on all day as far as I can tell. But it's not just a website glitch; got rather embarrassed this afternoon trying to pay for petrol with Cahoot debit card, it was declined, so was the wife's (joint account). Credit cards were at home, fortunately we are regulars, and the guy let us go home without fuss (paid later with credit card from another bank).

Cahoot of course were part of Abbey, now Santander...

Nothing yet in the media concerning this; don't they know that folks might think the worse when this sort of thing happens during the ongoing economic crisis?

Something strange is afoot............

Missus went to a RBS hole in the wall earlier (about 21.00) and a got a few quid out on a Santander card...................

I think I'll panic first and open an account at some other bank than Santander. I'm very pissed off with them anyway for the fact that they failed to inform me of the change in esaver.

I think I'll panic first and open an account at some other bank than Santander. I'm very pissed off with them anyway for the fact that they failed to inform me of the change in esaver.

when did they star charging for this, i have an e saver account, not much in it though, the interest is crap on it anyway

The online banking services seem to be compromised.

My daughter's HSBC account was recently cleaned out. The Bank quickly refunded the money and seemed unsurprised that it had happened, blaming a virus.

How widespread is this?

today it seems to be Cahoot's turn to be suffering from a "glitch". If you go to www.cahoot.com and click "Login" all you get is "service is suspended We are currently updating our systems. This takes approximately 5 minutes. Please wait until the cahoot service is resumed. Thanks for your patience". This at 23.25 this evening, and its been going on all day as far as I can tell. But it's not just a website glitch; got rather embarrassed this afternoon trying to pay for petrol with Cahoot debit card, it was declined, so was the wife's (joint account).

It's worth noting that Cahoot are currently being wound down, and they are actively pushing all their customers to join abbey instead.

It's only a matter of time before a forced migration... they wont have many customers left now anyway.

It's worth noting that Cahoot are currently being wound down.

Not the case; all the online brands that Santander has accumulated in various countries are simply to be rebranded under a single brand (which looks like it might be Openbank, a name they already use in Spain).

After Barclays yesterday (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11051440) today it seems to be Cahoot's turn to be suffering from a "glitch". If you go to www.cahoot.com and click "Login" all you get is "service is suspended We are currently updating our systems. This takes approximately 5 minutes. Please wait until the cahoot service is resumed. Thanks for your patience". This at 23.25 this evening, and its been going on all day as far as I can tell. But it's not just a website glitch; got rather embarrassed this afternoon trying to pay for petrol with Cahoot debit card, it was declined, so was the wife's (joint account). Credit cards were at home, fortunately we are regulars, and the guy let us go home without fuss (paid later with credit card from another bank).

Cahoot of course were part of Abbey, now Santander...

Nothing yet in the media concerning this; don't they know that folks might think the worse when this sort of thing happens during the ongoing economic crisis?

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity" ;)

An anecdotal: I've worked in IT in several different types of businesses: retail, banking, media, marketing, internet start-up.

I left the banking job after only a few months; amongst other issues, I was being emotionally drained by their "don't give a s***" attitude towards quality control.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity" ;)

An anecdotal: I've worked in IT in several different types of businesses: retail, banking, media, marketing, internet start-up.

I left the banking job after only a few months; amongst other issues, I was being emotionally drained by their "don't give a s***" attitude towards quality control.

They blamed a power outage and I wouldn't normally buy that, however, I once waited four hours for a sparkie to find a 38p fuse at the telstra data centre. Didn't inspire confidence.

Not the case; all the online brands that Santander has accumulated in various countries are simply to be rebranded under a single brand (which looks like it might be Openbank, a name they already use in Spain).

'Openbank'

Another word for an opening is a rupture.

:lol: