House Price Crash Forum
scooby7346

Searches When Buying A Property.

What should the minimum searches be when buying a rural property ? I do know about Chancel Repair Liability - that's covered. But is it possible to do the bare minimum of searches in a day ? I do know the property well and know there are no motorways, high speed railways, coal mines etc. to screw things up but I want to exchange very quickly.

Would anyone ever buy without doing any searches ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

What should the minimum searches be when buying a rural property ? I do know about Chancel Repair Liability - that's covered. But is it possible to do the bare minimum of searches in a day ? I do know the property well and know there are no motorways, high speed railways, coal mines etc. to screw things up but I want to exchange very quickly.

Would anyone ever buy without doing any searches ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Do Not EXCHANGE WITHOUT DOING THE SEARCHES! It can be fatal to a later resale and unless you are buying for cash the lender will not allow it anyway. Al, of them can be done online. Get your solicitor to do it!

Do Not EXCHANGE WITHOUT DOING THE SEARCHES! It can be fatal to a later resale and unless you are buying for cash the lender will not allow it anyway. Al, of them can be done online. Get your solicitor to do it!

Thank you for that answer.

I am a cash buyer and although I can't tell you why, I want to exchange ASAP. I am a bit of a maverick, having been in business for 40 years, and I tend to be unconventional anyway. I have bought quite a lot of rural property and this one is a cracking deal. I know the area well as I said before. I do know that some lawyers like to make a meal out of searches to string things along a bit but I need action. Can ALL searches be done on-line ?

What are the bare minimum searches ?