House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

What's The Best Bargain You've Had?

I sometimes have a browse on hotukdeals to see if there's anything worthwhile. Sometimes there is, but there's usually a load of crap on there..What's the best bargain you've ever had?

I sometimes have a browse on hotukdeals to see if there's anything worthwhile. Sometimes there is, but there's usually a load of crap on there..What's the best bargain you've ever had?

Percentage profit wise - a Victorian corkscrew (ladies legs in red/white hooped stockings) cost me a couple of quid. Fetched £100 at auction. A battered pine table I bought from a boozer that closed cost me £45. At auction 15 years later it fetched £500.

Chunky 9ct gold chain from jumble sale for 30 quid last year. Weighed 76 grams. Sold for about 480 quid the following day. Would be closer to 700 quid if I still had it, but can't really complain !!

Many years ago I went to a country sale ground.They were auctioning a Hillmam Hunter and I bought it for £22.I could not believe that they actually sold me the car the tax disc had seven months unexpired and I got just over £30 refund on it,then sold the car to a scrap man for £20.

More recently I was buying ex fleet cars from a very big national company (The one with the annoying couple in the ads) When the Vauxhall Vectra had a model change in 2002 they carried on pricing the new models at the old prices.There was over a grand difference in the trade price.I must have bought a dozen before they caught on.